Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Smol government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Definitely how you act when your internal polling is Very Good the Best Anyone's Ever Seen Believe Me.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 18, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did we already talk about Kushner in his high chair because after reading it I got two Catastrophe brains quivering in my noggin at imperceptible frequencies

https://twitter.com/maggieserota/status/1306789534600957953?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

One of the funnier Q things is that Q himself straight up said JFK Jr is dead. So even when it comes to what Q says explicitly and not coded they have to twist it into the beliefs they've all decided on.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LabyaMynora posted:

I always think about the 2014 Illinois Election for Governor. There were three left-leaning referendum items on the ballot:

Minimum wage increase - 63% yes
Birth control must be covered by health insurance plans - 63% yes
Increase taxes on millionaires - 60% yes

Republican Bruce Rauner - 50.3% :eng99:

Ballot referendums have become the most important way to get left-leaning legislation passed, especially marijuana legalization and voting rights stuff, because ~10% of the electorate supports leftish policies, but votes for Republicans. It’s insane because these Republicans don’t even PRETEND to have the same legislative goals and priorities as these voters!

Florida overwhelmingly passed re-enfranchisement of felons but just barely voted in DeSantis (and Scott to defeat a Democrat) and so DeSantis got to work making it impossible for felons to get the vote back.

Missouri overwhelmingly voted down right-to-work and voted in Hawley (who supports right-to-work) to kick McCaskill out of the Senate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What are they gonna do anyway? Nothing is going to get past the Senate. I hate to say it but it pretty much is a waste of taxpayer money to do anything because the system is so broken that Mitch McConnell has the sole power to determine what even reaches the Senate floor. He just stopped doing his job unless it only benefits himself, Trump, or the GOP agenda, and nothing short of him either dying or getting voted out (lol) is going to change that.

The House does oversight not the Senate. They're not passing laws when they get these guys in for questioning. But if you just let these guys get away with (illegally) ignoring subpoenas then what's the point of electing you into a majority in the first place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

We live in a country with the only major political party that denies the reality of climate change so it's inevitable that QAnon becomes mainstream there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guze posted:

Remember when swine flu killed 200k and made all of our lives lovely?

It's blowing my mind he keeps bringing it up. It's like the dementia test.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

bloomberg doesnt need a job

Remember when Trump became unmoored from time and claimed Bloomberg used the mayoral office to push his outdated terminals onto customers in order to become rich.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't even remember the swine flu being A Thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wonder how many times Tucker Carlson got owned and melted down like he did with Rutger Bregman and never aired the footage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress me he's bringing up the reactionary lying about palliative care for terminal infants.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how is babby executed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

Does he know PR doesn't get electoral votes in federal elections?

Trying to win over Puerto Ricans that fled to Florida I guess.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What a whiny bitch lmao

https://twitter.com/HawleyMO/status/1306695792246353922?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

President Deals!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I didn't know they still sold Power Wheels.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I cannot stop lolling.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

I think it's time for me to get off the ride. I'd like to go home, now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Remember a few years back when republicans said that a president cant appoint a new supreme court justice during the last year of their term even though that isnt a real thing?

But yeah, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck indeed.

Remember when the Democrats had control of the Senate and she coulda retired like Kennedy did?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Warbird posted:

Even if Dems take the senate the lame duck republicans can go “gently caress it” and push who the gently caress ever through as they have nothing to lose.

Literally nothing can stop the Court being 6-3 reactionaries

LOL!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/King_Of_Shade/status/1304623634007420928?s=19

Skip to about 1:40 to hear about trumps Hitler book collection.

Why do people act like we didn't know Trump was a racist business oaf?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

You do know we had a conservative court anyway right

Pick I know you're not the brightest bulb but we've had a number of good decisions that went 5-4 because Gorsuch legitimately believes in textualism and doesn't seem to realize it's supposed to be an excuse to give conservative decisions an objective veneer.

Mitch was asked about thijs in the past year and already said lol no loving way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Who What Now posted:

For having the audacity to die?

Democrats had control of the Senate up until the point she was 81 or so years old.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Wow, good by all social progress of the last century.

But at least those libs were owned!

Read up ladies and germs!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochner_era

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

RBG deserves every bit of hate she is getting in this thread and I refuse to probe for it

You're a scholar AND a gentlegoon.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I have a terrible confession to make. sometimes, when I post "lol", I am not, in fact, Laughing Out Loud!!

I wasn't joking when I said I couldn't stop lolling when I heard the news.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harveygod posted:

Lol are people are actually reporting?

the DnD mod put the forum on Slow Mode like it's Twitch chat lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1307105206619041794?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TK8325 posted:

neo-fascist theocracy here we come!

gently caress you forever, rbg

Lol a little bit when I think of the most immoral, corrupt, least Christian president we've ever had outdoing Bush when it came to getting the fundies power.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SamBishop posted:

Yep, it was a fun ride here in Americaland.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah Harry you should've not invoked the nuclear option so the Republicans could've had even MORE federal vacacines to fill lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shanghaied posted:

Reid had to do it because the GOP was filibustering the confirmation of lower court judges. Just lmao if you don't think Mitch would have done it in a heartbeat if it would have been convenient for him and he had the votes.

No don't you see Mitch wouldn't have invoked the nuclear option on Supreme Court appointments if Reid hadn't done it for federal seats! I am acting in incredibly good faith!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You'd need to actually physically fight them to have a shot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JimmyJazz1968/status/1306790161074839553?s=20

Now we just need Trump to start talking about the laughing masks and the man in your dreams with no face.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Do not loving defend that wedding dipshittery Pick. You're dumb but you're not that dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Can someone out this piece of poo poo finally.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dudeness posted:

You guys are way too optimistic that someone is gonna lose their seat for being a piece of poo poo.

Not what I meant by "out".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When the Supreme Court was created it wasn't for reviewing if laws were constitutional. The Court granted itself that right and everyone went "oh ok".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

An insane mind posted:

Ah yes. That must also be why the Republican Party has a list for future justices made for them by a federalist thinktank. To stop it all being so political.

My favorite thing is the guy that puts together the GOP Supreme Court (and federal court) picks is the executive vice president of the Federalist Society but always takes a leave of absence when the picks are being made so they have (im)plausible deniability that the Society isn't making the picks.

The guy's Leonard Leo and he's a tradcath fascist who attends mass every day including when he's traveling.