Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

kazr posted:

what do yonks mean

"Donkey's years"

A long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol

"Economic recovery"

From the last 4 years

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Retweeting yourself is a such a boomer move

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Richard Cabeza posted:

Just think, guys! If America goes full fascist the Germans can invade to liberate us.

Man, that’d be pretty ironic.

Facism, back and forth forever

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Is america just litteraly all grifts built on grifts?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Pay Melania to smother me to death

*~*~This is my last resort~*~*

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I've said this before, but I'll say it again here

Nothing has made me more tolerant and accepting of Muslims (and people in general) than Trump

Growing up my stereotype of Muslim was shown on the 6 o'clock News as

• child wife taking
  • training camps with weapons
  • holy war rhetoric

Now the states (especially lately) have had enough reports out of child marriage, militia training camps and holy war rhetoric coming out. The difference is negligible at most

The only logical conclusion is that religion ultimately doesn't matter and that it doesn't define your personage. And that forces within culture shape the people, not the religion itself.

So thanks Trump for making me a better person

I realise this sort of conclusion is very preaching to the choir here, but it illustrates the sort of logic that chuds are not capable of

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

What the poo poo?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ah poo poo the other Trump virus spread to my local elections in Melbourne.

Yeah nah

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jesus, like 'roni aside, look at all that twitching and back and forth motion

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Me in 2010s: drat, some sort of like retribution to the boomers in government that don't give a poo poo but doesn't impact me in a massive way

Monkey's paw in 2020: *makes ok hand*

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol that if trump dies in his sleep there will be a moment where the staff lock eyes and try and dump stocks asap before reporting it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Just caught up

Thoughts
Lol trump got Roni
The cycle of being unable to prove health is funny
Srsly do y'all not know about the exploding trees in California?

https://www.independent.com/2011/01/15/how-eucalyptus-came-california/

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

ALFbrot posted:

I'm really bummed out that the president got pumped full of expensive and experimental drugs and probably won't be dying of the rona

It's really hosed up

Well he doesn't seem to be getting better...

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I saw a thing some time ago, basically how Trump's speaking style is all rythym and rhetoric, no content. And if you slow it down by half speed this preacher style of speaking just breaks and he sounds just like an old dude rambling, it is truly marked the difference in perception half speeding makes to trump talk vs any other orator

His recent appearances have him having to cut mic so you don't hear him coughing, be edited together weirdly and speak in a slower and unmeasured fashion akin to the half speed video mentioned above

His base won't like that

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Grab em by the pussy" said at .5x/1x/2x speed still sounds like rape.

I mean you aren't wrong,and his base is poo poo

I'm not praising this as a magic bullet, just it's significant that he is unable to play to his strengths

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Imagine trump actually pulling a buttoned shirt in such a cinematic "superman-esque" way

Like, no way he has the coordination to do so

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Can you please not gleefully post a dead body?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

...what the poo poo...?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Trump is litteraly a boomer on twittee

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol

Is the governing authority on all top secret information and eats the onion

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

"Omar comes from the worst place that doesn't have a government therefore she doesn't know anything about government, but I have had the China birus and that makes me an expert on corona"

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

TotalLossBrain posted:

x-post lol from AI:

P I S S T H E T I C

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'm Gunna dark horse it , and predict trump just walking out after being needled by biden

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

DickParasite posted:

Wayne Gladstone (of Cracked fame[lol]) turned out to be a never Hillary Berniebro and banned me from his FB page in 2016 after I kept saying dickhead things like "supreme court appointments are for life" and "president trump thanks you" and so on to him and his idiot fans. A month ago I looked him up to remind him of his implicit Trump support and it turns out he's a sexual predator and deleted all his social media accounts. I'm not saying that'll happen with your wife but, you know, watch out.

Well that's a shame

I rather enjoyed hate by numbers back in the day I wonder if it holds up

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Is that the best photo of trump they have?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I voted in my local elections last weekend

It took 5 minutes and I had to shoo away like 3 people handing me flyers

I can't imagine how having the police megaphone off "trump 2020" would feel

It's truly beyond the pale

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Flannelette posted:

"I got lost in a empty school trying to find where to vote, it was very frighting and there was no sausage, would not recommend." Australian voter

This but it was a tai Kwon do hall

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I have never in my life seen a hall that was devoted to Tai Kwon Do. Surely you mean a church hall wherein they had Tai Kwon Do lessons on a Thursday evening?

Weirdly enough it's the opposite

It's a martial arts hall that holds service on Sundays

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Captain Kosmos posted:

My worst voting experience was when they wouldn't let me take my kids to the boot and one of the poll watcher said he watch after they kids. When I came from the booth two of them had run out.
Still whole thing took under 5 mins.

Was genuinely expecting a

"And when I came out they had both voted one nation"

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Captain Kosmos posted:

I don't know what party the Paw Patrol is endorsing, but they would probably vote what.
Now days it would be any party that would promised to bring Titanic back.

I'm sorry to inform your children that ACAB

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I speak enough Spanish to have an internal voice while reading it

And I had this mental image of trump at a rally speaking rapid fire, soccer commentator Spanish this tweet

That's a lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I heard about the press conference outside the turfing place and was like

"Eh I guess" and got on with my day

And it's just been slow burning in the back of my head becoming funnier and funnier

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This feels like a guy trolling them by using an excerpt of a Hitler speech but then who the gently caress can tell anymore.

Lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Posting from a few pages back

These chuds not understanding the difference between a sign language interpreter and close captions

Sure these people who grew up with a significantly differing capacity to take in information will have been able to go through an (underfunded) educational system (set up for hearing education) be able to read captions at the speed that people talk at.

When they say "I don't think there should be an interpreter when the president speaks" they are also saying "Deaf citizens don't have the right to know what their leader is saying"

Sign language works on a different cultural level, like it's a different language not just coded English ffs.

Interpreters are a bridge between hearing culture and Deaf culture and I guess a different culture is scary even when they have the same colour skin as you

Like gently caress , Deafness is a thing that transcends culture , race and creed and they kick up a stink.

So what if it's virtue signalling, sometimes the right thing is done for the wrong reasons.I know from personal experience they have a hard enough job interpreting Trump's hate filled rambling rhetoric without dealing with this poo poo from close minded people

I work in Deaf education and this poo poo fucks me off beyond belief

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

LimburgLimbo posted:

2) a lot of what makes fake news really obvious to educated people is stuff like the site it’s on and being poorly written and full of errors and a strong subtext/calls to emotion/clearly framing things to push an agenda. Recognizing this actually requires fairly advanced language skills and non-natives (and even undereducated native) just don’t have it, so they can be especially susceptible, and there’s a non-zero number of people all over the world that drink the coolaid because of this.

This sort of thing is one of the strongest arguments I've heard for the arts (and thankfully I heard it in an educational context in a state school here)

That by an English class having assessments based around persuasive writing and art having focuses on the construction of imagery, it better equips a citizen with something resembling an immune system for this sort of poo poo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Imaginary Friend posted:

This whole coup thing is bizarrely familiar to the Crimean crisis where half of that place "were ok" with russia talking over. I wonder if Putin have given Trump some leadership tips under the course of these four years.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/RepNewhouse/status/1329158230820450305?s=19

Not a senator but its just lol how this keeps happening to Republicans. Like what are the covid stats for congress.

Turns out Republicans just exist in a blood orgy state (alá Event Horizon) when not being observed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Trump loving retweeting Jim Watkins? Ffs