Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Guze posted:

There's a secret service team that has to save 10-15 flushes worth of dumps

How many diapers do they have to save?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
I think that LOSA1 License plate from a few pages ago was actually "LO5A1", which I imagine is some sort of NY real estate braggery. Did he once own some significant property on Lower 5th Ave?

Also

Funky See Funky Do posted:

People that put stickers on other people's cars should be killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution. I'd give anything to catch someone putting a sticker on my car. It'd be worth having a sticker put on my car just so I could've caught them doing it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IMO that was a pretty decent adaptation of Vincent's drug dealer's line in Pulp Fiction when bantering with an enraged Vincent, whose car had been scratched. :/

GRECOROMANGRABASS fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 20, 2020

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/CaptNostradamus/status/1318283908702765063/photo/1

Epstein looks like he's either annoyed on a scale which rarely occurred at this time in his life, or meditating deeper towards the darkness. It's weird how trump holds his son's face in this picture, with the middle finger pointing at his mouth.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Stoatbringer posted:

The downturn in July started, in a wild coincidence, just when they changed how the cases were being reported if I remember correctly. So it's probably much, much worse than this chart shows.

7/15/2020

Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

"Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency."

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

This is 100% correct. That's why his hands are jammed in his pockets. He wants the kid to hit him/push him or whatever so he can escalate and/or play the victim.
Agolf Twittler would approve.

I can speak to this from a dangerous and dumb thing I did when I was much younger.

Years ago, I worked inside one of those little gas stations where the attendant is enclosed within a glass booth. I encountered this guy's twin cousin, who raged out about his coupon expiring that was supposed to ENTITLE him to save 5 cents per gallon or something along those lines.

When I realized he had an embarrassed looking wife sitting in the car, empathy kicked in, and I dug in my pocket and and offered him like three quarters and some additional loose change, which was more than what he would have saved with the coupon. This made him .. *MUCH* angrier. I explained that I understood that he bought X gallons at a price of Y per gallon, but expected the price per gallon to be Y - .05. I didn't want him to feel cheated by the promotion expiring before he made his purchase, so I was reimbursing him, to make him whole.

His response was literally to PUNCH the glass partition and say through the microphone that I should thank my manager for giving me "bullet proof glass to hide behind."

Again, I was young and lacking wisdom at the time, so this absurd behavior, combined with a threat to my life while insinuating that I was a coward was a bit much more than my patience/ego could handle. I immediately walked out of the booth and approached him face to face.. I looked him in the eye and said "I have free change in my pocket for you and I've removed the bullet proof glass barrier that you were so upset about. If you want to punch me, I won't press charges, but I *will* defend myself.

Then I saw the gun holster on his hip that he had his hand resting on.

I said "oh, I see why you feel safe acting this way. If I'm wrong, and you're naturally so confident, go lock the gun in the trunk of your car and come back to me unarmed."

This basically locked him up and he didn't say another word, just stared crazily into my eyes. After a moment of this, his wife came out of the car to apologize for her husband's behavior and give him an out. "He's so grumpy when he's hungry! Come on (name), let's go home and have dinner. We're having meatloaf and it's going to get cold."

I was nice and respectful as could be to his wife, same as I had been to him, prior to his melt down. Of course, he took the first out that she gave him and started to walk off with her while still trying to mad dog me. Last thing I said to him was "I hope you feel better after eating your meatloaf."

I quit that job not long after, but when I stopped to get gas there, my former coworker told me he had been driving by each day, and eventually asked when I would be on schedule again, or if I got fired? (He spammed the off-site manager's voicemail, who didn't give af) They told him I was just working part time for a temporary period and quit to go back to school. Which, INFURIATED HIM.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Megera posted:

I either had that nasty flu or Covid for 3 weeks in early Feb. If it hadn't been for losing my sense of taste and smell, I would be certain it wasn't Covid. I'd gone to the doctor about it and they didn't think it was Covid (though this was before they knew much about the symptoms). They prescribed me antibiotics for a virus, though! Gotta love that healthcare system

Your doctor probably suspected a secondary (bacterial) infection to be present or imminent due to your immune system being wiped out from fighting the virus. It's common for bacteria that is normally present, yet kept in check by a healthy immune system, such as streptococcus pneumoniae, to thrive in a patient recovering from a virus while the immune system is overwhelmed, resulting in pneumonia. Many people die every year as a result of this.

Always take antibiotics when your doctor gives them to you, and take them as prescribed. The antibiotics won't help you recover from a virus, but they just might keep you from having blood filled with fungi, or lungs hosting vast colonies of bacteria while your immune system is on the ropes.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

I said come in! posted:

The republicans in power right now most likely secretly want to see the U.S. split up in multiple independent states that are controlled by the wealthy, and there are no elections or way for them to lose power without a violent overthrow.

It's not a secret - Mitch has literally said that it would be better if states went bankrupt than be aided by stimulus. In any other time period that alone would be a scandal.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I like how they are blocking traffic, and walking down the road, after spending all summer screaming about how protestors who did that deserve to be ran over.

In Florida, Gov DeSantis recently announced gatherings of 7 or more people without a permit to be illegal, and that if a group of people is blocking the road, it is NOT illegal to plow right through them.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Walmart returns firearms and ammunition to store floors
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/business/walmart-firearms-ammunition/index.html

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
In the speech he just gave, trump gushed about republicans winning house and senate seats in the same states he claims to be reporting fraudulent results for the presidential candidate. Like, how does that even compute?

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
In the speech he just gave, trump gushed about republicans winning house and senate seats in the same states he claims to be reporting fraudulent ballot results for the presidential candidate option. Like, how does that even compute? I imagine they refused to take questions because that question cannot be addressed without self owning pretty hard.

As McEnany was leaving without taking questions, a reporter asked her "Are you the white house press secretary, or a presidential adviser?" which was a lol.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

The Locator posted:

Maybe it was just a Jeep club that attended the event? Who knows.

It feels painfully obvious this would be a secret service barrier. Most cost efficient thing to do would be to rent enough vehicles from a nearby dealership to line the first couple rows from the stage, because it would be ridiculous to let random people in monster trucks idle 3' from where a presidential candidate is standing.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Did they not take any questions after that ridiculous speech because they were afraid somebody might ask why Trump is bragging about the seats republicans picked up for the house and senate, while insisting the election results are fraudulent? If the ballots electing the republicans to congress are valid, then the presidential candidate selection on those ballots are valid too..

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
We should see the next GA ballot drop put Biden ahead within an hour or so.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Kernel Monsoon posted:

Makes sense to close in now Trump is a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti.

Obese turtle stuck on its back, flailing wildly in the Serengeti

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Biden is ahead 917 votes in GA

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
4k votes from blue county yet to come from GA. Total of ~10k votes remaining, including the 4k that are likely to come in ~80% in favor of Biden

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Just wanted to point out that the margin is now wide enough in WI that if Trump wants a recount there, he has to pay for it instead of the tax payers getting stuck with the bill.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Binary Badger posted:

Working hard, thank you!

I hate how he turns accepting thanks into an ego boost for himself but am glad it won't matter anymore

Millions still in danger from COVID, highest infection rates worldwide, welp, better go golfing and leave the hard stuff for the night guy

Golfing at one of his golf courses is the only way he can grift money from the secret service. I read that he charges them $4k to rent a cart to follow him around in, and who knows how many golf carts they need.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

gary oldmans diary posted:

last week he was begging for money now it looks like he was literally crying over this. lindsey grahams life just seems like a mess

I really get the vibe that ladybugs is being blackmailed into being a trump bitch. Or maybe he's just being super submissive. Probably both.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Biden's team should announce that they don't mind if Trump continues to live in the White House, because they're building a bigger, better, and much more presidential Gold House right next to it, where President-Elect Biden will serve as POTUS.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

I'm a little color vision deficient, so is it me, or does she have weird looking corpse hands in this photo?

It just looks like her hands aren't from the same body as her chest and face.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Doom posters worried about Biden's appointments:

Think about former FCC chairman Tom Wheeler. When Obama appointed him, everyone freaked out and assumed the fight for net neutrality was over. A reasonable assumption at the time, considering that Wheeler was a lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry prior to his appointment as chairman.

However, Wheeler fought for net neutrality and did a great job of serving the public interests while in office. Wheeler knew the laws and regulations of the FCC on day 1. More importantly, he knew every angle that industry lobbyists would take to try and end net neutrality. He had their playbook and used it to defeat them for the good of the public.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Herman Merman posted:

amoral opportunism can be a powerful force for good - a goon

If you were falsely accused of a serious crime, would you not want the best criminal defense lawyer that you could get? The most just outcome would result from your defense being presented to the court in such a convincing manner that your freedom is restored; the lawyer most qualified to accomplish this will have attained the skills necessary to do so from years of successfully litigating optimal outcomes for criminals.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Lazyfire posted:

The insistence on the right wing that the virus isn't real has been one of those things that I just can't wrap my head around. Usually they take their marching orders from Trump, who has downplayed it a ton, but never once said it's completely made up. Even after he loving got infected there are still people who think it is a huge hoax.

From what I can tell, the conspiratorial nature of the right wing base just created a bunch of scenarios that ranged from COVID is fake to COVID is a New World Order plot to destroy America to COVID is cover to inject people with microchips in the vaccines. Qanon believers can't even all agree on which one is true, Alex Jones will offer about five theories in an recording and each one of them is supposed to be the REAL COVID story. There's just no saving some of these people and they are the majority of the Republican voting population.

Trump literally called COVID "a liberal hoax."

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Lazyfire posted:

I'm losing my mind then, I remember him saying it will just go away like it was nothing, saying it was not even that bad, claiming kids can't spread it, etc. but I can't recall him just outright saying it was a hoax. He may have and I missed it because I can't stand his voice and those press conferences was one of those embarrassment-by-proxy things than they were funny.

https://youtu.be/2lhrE-rk27I?t=85

From 1:25 to 1:59 is the first clip I could find it, but I am certain there are better examples out there of him calling it a hoax early on.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/KnowN0thing1/status/1329104936618127360

oh man, calling the cops on the dude for "vandalizing" is amplified in hilarity if you're familiar with where this takes place at. Deep Ellum is a historic and unique district in Dallas, with deep roots in art and music. African American artists organized and prevented the city from turning the district into yet another gentrified stretch of condos decades ago, and today it exists to celebrate art and music - murals are encouraged and there is literally nothing that guy was doing wrong.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Power Khan posted:

Sounds alot better than tactical diapers.

bullet proof diaper

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Here is a Mitch McConnell LOL from his wikipedia - which I would suggest reading, but maybe not until you've had time to decompress and destress a considerable amount.

"In 2012, McConnell proposed a measure allowing President Obama to raise the debt ceiling, hoping that some Democratic senators would oppose the measure, thus demonstrating disunity among Democrats. However, all Democratic senators supported the proposal, which led McConnell to filibuster his own proposal."

It seems that Mitch has the same problem with saying the quiet part out loud that Trump does, though obviously not to the same extent:

"Under McConnell, the Republican caucus threatened repeatedly to force the United States to default on its debt; McConnell saying that he learned from the 2011 debt-ceiling crisis that "it's a hostage that's worth ransoming."

"Speaking on the Hugh Hewitt radio show on April 22, 2020, McConnell suggested that states should be able to declare bankruptcy instead of receiving additional coronavirus aid funds – funds which he implied would be used to save insolvent state pension funds, instead of coronavirus relief as intended. His comments were met with sharp criticism from various state and local officials. States currently cannot declare bankruptcy."

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He looks like a he’s a very leaky man in general. He’s always oozing something from somewhere.

He wipes his mouth constantly like the pimp from Taxi Driver in a way I've never seen anyone but Rudy do IRL.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

its all nice on rice posted:

Also she poo poo herself at a college party.

Nasty Woman Pants Got poo poo, Bro

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

webmeister posted:

Assuming that every other CEO names their company after themselves, like Tim Apple or Marillyn Lockheed

Telling "Marilyn Lockheed" that she has done incredible work and quipping "the planes are invisible! You can't see them, right? Well, they better be invisible."

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Lincoln Project swinging on Mitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNtIpL2NZ0

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

LabyaMynora posted:

GOP alternate slates of electors ain’t gonna work because the states in question certified their electors by name. You can’t send Doug Collins in place of Stacy Abrams.

Also - in the 1990s, when Brian Warner decided to create the grotesque character of Marilyn Manson, he had no way of knowing that the monstrous visage he’d invent would just so happen to look exactly like future right-wing nutter Laura Loomer, who was born in 1993 and was just a toddler back then.

Both from south florida. There can't be too many degrees of separation.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He's gonna pardon 1000 terrible people, though.

He's gonna Matt Bevin the poo poo out of the United States.

Oh, and it looks like he might've stood by and allowed Russia to hack our Gibson.

I look forward to the day when complete collusion between Trump and Russia is proven and half this country just sticks their fingers in their ears and "la-la-la's" and keeps on voting for Republicans because "Democrats are traitors!!!"

It's been a few years since I last saw trumpers wearing variants of "I Rather be a Russian than a Democrat" type poo poo, but thankfully that sentiment was a little bit too much on the nose to stick around - much like Trump's early calls to withdraw from NATO.

Speaking of, here is an article that was alarming at the time, but we can finally lol about now, since the dipshit failed to ratfuck/coup his way into a second term.

Diplomats worry that Trump will withdraw from NATO if he gets a 2nd term as president
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-may-withdraw-from-nato-in-second-term-diplomats-worry-2020-9

You have to be nuttier than a poo poo-house mouse to be a NATO member (especially the one that all the other NATO members buy advanced weapons from) to think leaving NATO is a good idea.

Since its inception in 1949, NATO has been so effective in deterring conventional warfare from being waged against members of its alliance that hostile nations such as Russia, Iran, and China have found it necessary to rely on unconventional tactics in order to further their individual political agendas against NATO members - infiltration of government agencies, social media propaganda, blackmail and corruption of foreign officials, and obviously hacking / data theft.

Which comes back to how loving stupid and suspicious it is that trump eliminated the national cyber security department in May of 2018. Interesting how the Democrats understood the need for cyber defense, but the republicans wanted to consolidate everything under one department and use the cost savings to buy more tanks to fill with mothballs and send to the desert to rust:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-eliminates-job-national-cybersecurity-coordinator-n874511
"With cyber threats ever-changing and growing more sophisticated by the day, there is no logical reason to eliminate this senior position and reduce the already degraded level of cyber expertise at the White House," Thompson said.

Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., vice chairman of the Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday: "We should be investing in our nation's cyberdefense, not rolling it back."

Lastly, In the case of China, I sincerely hope that plausibly-deniable biological warfare isn't something they've been developing as their 21st century version of a nuclear option, but IMO that seems to be the case. Russia has demonstrated their affinity for developing and utilizing unique nerve agents to make surgical attacks on political opponents. I doubt their research and development efforts in that direction stopped and called it a day with the latest one that we know about. Which comes back to it being baffling why trump would withdraw from the World Health Organization and undermine our ability to gather/share intelligence and defend ourselves against biological hazards, especially during a loving pandemic.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
If only the internet existed in its current form while George Bush Sr was in office. We know only a bit about how much of a gently caress up junior was, but what has surfaced about GWB during his "formative years" is worse than anything I've heard about Hunter, and last I checked, Hunter had no ambitions to run for office.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Strong Sauce posted:

trump is a piece of poo poo. but what do you mean he's lying about wanting $1200 (or i guess now $2000) checks? he wants them passed so he can take credit for giving people checks since that makes him look good.

blaming the GOP is already a given but somehow the democrats should be given credit for the liabilities protection for big companies not being put into the bill but then receive no blame for only getting americans $600. yes the parties split power over the parts of congress. if you only got $600 in a "compromise", that's bad.

GOP senators, btw, had counter-proposal to the HEROES act for $1200 stimulus checks back in july/august. good thing we delayed all this time to give people -$600 more.

Did you somehow miss the fact that the bill wouldn't pass in any form if the sum total were to be a penny over Mitch's magical $1T limit? Doubling the $600 would have obviously increased the bill size by enough to trigger another round of nothing getting passed and the senate adjourning.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Three rockets.. failed to launch and you have pictures of them?

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

[...]
Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich - that was the most blatantly inappropriate pardon, in that it was basically done for a bribe.
[...]
So at this point, the only things Trump hasn't done is obviously pardon someone in exchange for campaign funds (like Clinton)[...]

Why would you mention Marc Rich's meager political donations (bribes, as you call them), but leave out the part about Israel & Mossad officials putting pressure on Clinton to pardon Rich due to his direct involvement in Mossad and pro-Israel activities? Maybe Clinton couldn't publicly disclose at the time that the oil Rich illegally bought from Iran during the hostage crisis was low key going through a then-secret pipeline to Israel? I am not saying that Marc Rich wasn't a shameless criminal in his business practices - there are plenty of those in the white house and more of the same that have and will be pardoned for financial crimes. It's just really weird that you fixate on this particular criminal and choose to ignore the strategic alliance with Israel that the US was going out of its way to foster at the time when considering possible motives for the pardon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Because I never heard any of that poo poo anywhere else before? Sounds like a bunch of Turner Diaries bullshit.

Sounds like you have some very strong opinions regarding subjects you haven't bothered to become particularly well-informed about.

The secret Iran Israel oil pipeline and Marc Rich the king of oil
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o2eap

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/04/uae-israel-iran-oil/
"Much of the early oil flow appears to have been brokered by billionaire commodities trader Marc Rich, who was later indicted in the United States for continuing to trade with Iran after the 1979 Islamic revolution, when it was declared an enemy state. Rich was pardoned in 2001 by former U.S. President Bill Clinton, who said he was moved in part by appeals from Israeli leaders and intelligence chiefs. The rogue trader’s backers, including former Israeli Prime Ministers Shimon Peres and Ehud Barak, said he had repeatedly rescued the Jewish state from efforts to destroy it. Rich, who was never convicted, died in 2013."

Marc Rich, the Man Who Sold Iranian Oil to Israel
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/business/.premium-marc-rich-the-ayatollahs-and-israel-1.5287551
"..although he was also charged with trading with countries hostile to Israel, senior Israeli government officials, public institutions and non-profit organizations honored him and even pressured former U.S. President Bill Clinton to pardon him."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-20/israel-and-uae-open-talks-over-top-secret-oil-pipeline
"Israel still allowed Iranian oil to be sent through the pipeline in secret, including by Glencore Plc founder and sanctions-busting commodities trader Marc Rich."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Rich
"Speculation about another rationale for Rich's pardon involved his alleged involvement with the Israeli intelligence community.[42][43] Rich reluctantly acknowledged in interviews with his biographer, Daniel Ammann, that he had assisted the Mossad, Israel's intelligence service,[8][17] a claim that Ammann said was confirmed by a former Israeli intelligence officer.[16] According to Ammann, Rich had helped finance the Mossad's operations and had supplied Israel with strategic amounts of Iranian oil through a secret oil pipeline.[8] The aide to Rich who had persuaded Denise Rich to personally ask President Clinton to review Rich's pardon request was a former chief of the Mossad, Avner Azulay.[33][44] Another former Mossad chief, Shabtai Shavit, had also urged Clinton to pardon Rich,[45] who he said had routinely allowed intelligence agents to use his offices around the world.[28]"