Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

4 pages without beans yet?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

quote:

On November 3rd, Wisconsin will decide whether we will quickly return to record prosperity—or whether we allow Joe Biden to ... erase your borders
I didn't realise Wisconsin was so worried about a Canadian invasion.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

its_my_birthday posted:

if Biden wins, t's pretty lol to think about all of the investigations into the Trump family/admin, but is anything stopping that family just from loving off to Russia when they know they've lost? I know the general consensus seems to be that Trump is gonna dispute the election, but running away also seems equally likely imo
There's no way a narcissist like Trump runs, but he and his family fleeing to Russia would be the absolute cherry on his poo poo-show of a timeline.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm a super serious, anti-death penalty type person but I'd fully support bringing back gladiator pits where groups of trumpers must fight it out until last chud standing. Winner gets to flee to Russia.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Warbird posted:

Hey now one of those 4 was a beloved goon, so it triple counts at least.
So what does this chart mean? Does Trump think OH is in the bag or a lost cause?

[edit] Not sure why I quoted Warbird

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

4. Thoughts and prayers*

*equally effective

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Hillary Clinton's advice for when you are captured by a serial killer who is asking you to put lotion on your skin:

1. Plead case that you have children

2. Appeal to common decency

3. Offer financial incentives to be released

4. Promise you won't tell anyone if they just let you go

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Pick posted:

why not have her officiate the wedding? she died of cancer. it doesn't speed up because of weddings

We don't know what happened at that wedding. Maybe they gave everyone cancer.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I want Biden to win, and the Dems take a page from the GOP playbook and add two extra SC justices since that's technically not prohibited in the constitution. With any luck this results (eventually) in each side adding more and more justices until the US has thousands of them.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Maybe he wants his own McCain moment where he can do a thumbs down to the turtle.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

So do I understand correctly that a faithless elector is someone who would cast their electoral vote for someone other than they were supposed to vote for? Ie. Biden wins WI but the electors all vote for Trump anyways?

If that happens and Trump wins, is that the start of a civil war or is the whole election system so convoluted the majority of people will just shrug their shoulders and go with it since they don't know better?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

dick wizard posted:

"okay what biden should do to stop this is look really really good in the debate."

Tuesday Night:

Trump: rambles incoherently about MAGA, soup, and pillows for the entire debate

Biden: stutters once

Media: "we really have to start asking if Biden has the mental facilities to be president for four years"

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Outrail posted:

Hypothetical: Lets say Trump very clearly loses and refuses to leave. He then provokes the military enough to make them say gently caress it and they haul his rear end out effectively running a coup. Is the military leadership 'good' enough to then pass on to Biden or will it turn into something even worse?

The answer is always: "it will turn into something worse"

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Stryder posted:

Remember the spokesman for HHS who had that epic meltdown online? Turns out having a brain tumor makes you say some CRRRRRAZY poo poo!
Is there any chance that 40% of the US has undiagnosed brain tumors? At this point I kind of need this to be true to retain my grip on sanity.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Virginia Slams posted:

If proof drops about Lady G and his lady bugs before the election I won't lol I'll transcend this existence into a plane of pure joy.

4 years ago I would have loved this but now I know the response will be "fake news, deep state, it was actually Hunter Biden" and the chuds will not waste another brain cell thinking about it.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

you all realize everything the us has done post ww2 has been exported to your countries, right? you understand that this doesn't stop here, don't you?
Yeah, why do you think we're not all just sitting back with some popcorn laughing our asses off.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/violence-at-anti-racism-rally-in-red-deer-prompts-criminal-investigation-says-rcmp

quote:

Violence at anti-racism rally in Red Deer prompts criminal investigation, says RCMP

Video shows counter-protesters wearing gear emblazoned with logos for far-right hate groups such as the Soldiers of Odin and chanting slogans such as “all lives matter,” as verbal altercations and physical scuffles broke out.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I knew what that debate was going to be and realised I'd probably have a heart attack if I watched it live, but I have to say just reliving it by reading this thread has my blood pressure up.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I feel like we're in an actual battle of evil versus not-evil and the thought that there is a group of people out there weighing which side to join is kind of terrifying.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm really confused how civil war 2 will even look. Will it be a state by state basis war, like maybe it rages in alabama while surrounding areas are just acting normal? Like what is the end goal, to kill all the non-white people, or all the democrats? How does this work when the state is mostly democrat? I'm super confused, and I'm sure it will be stupid as hell.
Probably something like what's depicted in Handmaid's Tale.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Since we're spit-balling solutions on how to fix the next debate, instead of a mute option I suggest both debaters stand on top of a trap door that will open if you are still speaking when your time is up. I don't care where the door goes, since Trump will just get stuck in it and the rest of the debate will be him sticking out of the floor enraged and unhinged.

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1311362417671237634
Lol, "No, you see what he meant was the opposite of what he said"
Good thing they rushed to clarify that with a concise statement from the president.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

After debate #2:

Commission on Presidential Debates: :suicide:

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Sure Donald, that was the take-away from the debates -- that Biden is too weak to lead.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

trem_two posted:

That's not what's happening here. Fox desperately needs Trump to denounce white supremacy so they can say "see, he said it's bad, meanwhile Biden refuses to denounce BLM/antifa!!!!11!!"

But Trump is incapable of denouncing anybody that likes him, so here we are.
It's got to be more than that though, right? Either someone did some polling that showed if Donald spoke out against white supremacy he'd lose a significant number of voters or he's desperately hoping that his little private chud army will stop them from dragging him out of the white house. I just can't imagine the incompetence required to keep making this worse and worse the way they are otherwise.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Don't worry about the president guys, you can't catch rona from having your diaper changed.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1311749435395772416
Nothing suspicious about this at all...

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

The end of 2020 is in sight and here I am feeling a tiny bit of hope building again. Why do I do this to myself, especially when the next major news story is going to be something like "Biden has died stepping out of the bath tub".

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Has Trump tweeted at all today? If not, doesn't that basically confirm he's hooked up to a ventilator and Pence should be taking over for him?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

How many senators have to croak before the GOP can't slam in their SC pick before the year end?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Today is my birthday and when my wife asked me last week what I wanted I said "to see Trump do a game of thrones shame walk from the WH to jail" but I'm pretty happy with what I got instead.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a little late on this particular issue:

But my dad, (who was a geriatrician for many years before he retired), was most outraged by the fact that the bloke in front, The president's personal medical care provider. The man who proscribes prescription medicine to the most powerful man in the western world. Does not even have an MD. And is the least experienced, educated, or qualified member of everyone in this picture.
The resemblance is uncanny

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

Was this posted? The pictures were taken 10 min apart.
So are they trying to hide just how bad the president's condition has become, or did they not want to release photos of the president in bed with a bucket of chicken watching Fox?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

duck trucker posted:

The made a vaccine out of Trump's blood. It cures covid by filling your arteries with so much plaque there's no space left for the virus.

You won't be laughing when Trump wins the Nobel prize in medicine for discovering the cure to Covid is 6 McDonald's fish sandwiches a day.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Corona killing a load of old Republican fucks at the end of 2020 is some real "Gandalf showing up at Helm's deep" poo poo
Would that make Trump dying of covid equal to Frodo riding an eagle to Mordor to throw the ring in the fire?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Since this thread is now basically how I get all my political news can someone tell me if Trump's tweets ever make their way into the MSM, or is he basically shouting into an echo chamber? What I'm trying to figure out is are the majority of his voters just not seeing the unhinged madness from Twitter? I'm not talking about his cult followers, but regular people who don't really give a poo poo about politics but still watch the news for a bit at night once in a while.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Philthy posted:

Trump won WI by only 23,000 votes. It was that close.

He's not doing that again unless the state Republicans find a way to throw out a LOT of votes. They might be able to do 23,000 but I think it's going to be pretty single sided in Biden's favor that it wont even matter. People hate his loving guts compared to 2016 when people just thought he was a blowhard.
Isn't the game plan to ignore the election results and just have every GOP governor appoint electors who will vote for Trump? Obviously this goes to the SC, who says "yeah, that seems fair" and we get a full facist takeover. Like I'm pretty sure they are outright saying this is the plan at this point.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

"I'm not infectious" says infected man who lives in a plague house that has more infected people in it than countries with tens of millions of people.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

kuddles posted:

Unlike the other Nobel prizes where you have to be invited to nominate someone, the Peace prize is open to basically any university professor, government members, dignatories, etc. and then the committee decides who to shortlist in secret.

That's why chud right wingers always push the "Nobel Peace Prize nominated" narrative on their people and it's always hilarious because you just need one dipshit in a position of power to throw a name in the hat that's probably thrown out without discussion by the actual people who decide, but that's still considered a "nomination."
How in the hell have the GOP not created their own award (Noble Peace Prize?) and given it to Trump so he can brag about it?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

At this point I don't care who wins I just want a president who is going to protect all the statues and monuments in the parks out there.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

"The dems were mean to the rapist so we can do what we want now"

I can't believe adults use this kind of logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

So California passed a law making it legal for you to collect someone else's ballot and for them to return it on your behalf and now the GOP can harvest all the ballots they want and it isn't "technically" illegal.

That's a pretty big self-own California democrats.