Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Trump.

Piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I still love this.

"THANK YOU" now walk to helicoWAIT I NEED WIFE turn walk drift turn walk stop by puddle hello wife point at puddle

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've definitely seen defenses of this behavior saying he was just being nice and pointing out the puddle. Like how loving blind could melanie be that she'd walk into that puddle out of nowhere.

He's just so loving weird. Doesn't walk over to meet her, just kind of wanders away, turns to face the press dead on, and stops right by the only puddle on the sidewalk.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Well at least we've got the solemn pride that comes from knowing that when they went low, we went high

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

lol remember feeling good about being alive? yeah me neither

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

Everybody seems to either be in a really dark place or trolling those people who are in a really dark place. Is this what it's like to be Gen Y or Gen Z?

Hard to say. What's worse? Being gradually stripped of hope or being born knowing there is none?

once you have the answer to this, you will know what it truly is to lol that trump is president

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1307116949189599232

second worst tweet of the night

edit: from a dumb lib

fuckin lmao

As I'm bleeding out in the street a few years from now, the thought of a dead actor greeting a dead Supreme Court justice in heaven will surely bring some comfort to my last moments.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

yes the only way this backfires is if it causes democrats to come out and vote. but its already too late by then. it is dumb to think a republican doing republican things will hurt his chances.

Yep. Seriously, stop trying to game this poo poo out as if any of these people are afraid of looking like a hypocrite, or that it'll come back to bite them later if the Democrats are in power. Their only plan is to keep their foot on the gas. If they don't, they end up getting primaried from the right and someone even more awful takes their place.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Soho Joe posted:

*does that shoulder wiggle thing Hillary did during the debates*

It's time to get the Hills Have Eyes voting bloc on our side by telling them that Mitch the Turtleman is dishonest!

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

what

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

post itt every time you can pick up bird

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

if I looking for bird

him name is pidgin dead bird

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Oh, word?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Grondoth posted:

Christ. I'm shook man

yeah strap the gently caress in because the days between the election and the inauguration are going to be fuckin nuts

probably every day after that too, with increasing severity, until we're all dead

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

Also another lol @ people who think in 2020 after almost 4 years of this that think Donald Trump has any sense of what baiting or trolling is and how to do it.

Almost as dumb as the people who think that he's extremely smart and only acting stupid and is working with Q to uncover the underground Democrat pedo ring

Yeah, he employs the far-right tactics of saying what he actually believes but in a way that it can be played off as a joke, but I doubt he understands them in the same way that prominent alt-right figures do. I'm pretty sure he's just operating on the level of "when I say what I think, it whips my enemies into a rage, and if it looks like it'll cause trouble for me, I'll just say I was being sarcastic." There's no greater strategy behind it.

Yes, he'll say these things to make people mad, or to try to change the news cycle, or for any other reason, but pretty much everything he says is what's actually going on in his head. In a weird way, you can always take Donald Trump at his word.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

marshalljim posted:

Getting shot at sucks, too.

It'd be better if everyone could just agree to enjoy this bounty of wealth and opportunity we have before us and help others do the same.

But I get to have more of it, right? Because I deserve it more than they do.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Outrail posted:

Hypothetical: Lets say Trump very clearly loses and refuses to leave. He then provokes the military enough to make them say gently caress it and they haul his rear end out effectively running a coup. Is the military leadership 'good' enough to then pass on to Biden or will it turn into something even worse?

Despite how right-leaning military leadership is, the higher levels are absolutely indoctrinated in the idea of subservience to civilian authority. They'd almost certainly hand it off as soon as possible.

That same indoctrination is why they won't do anything, though, and why they just sit there silently while Trump calls them losers. For the military to act, Trump would have to flagrantly hold on to the Presidency without even the pretense of a legal justification. If the election ends up getting contested in the courts, or stolen through any other ostensibly legal means, they'll stay out of it.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

It's pretty rad that we're staring down the barrel of an American dictatorship and if we manage to avoid falling into the abyss in the next couple of months it'll probably only be through dumb luck and the stupidest possible chain of events.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Hey, this is kinda how I'd write it too, except I'd be the one to go in and drag him out, and then everyone would clap and cheer for me, and then Gillian Anderson would show up in her David Bowie getup from American Gods and

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Stink Billyums posted:

none of those countries will have voted donald trump as their leader lol

weirdly, neither did we

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

The free market will provide. Just do a bit of research to see which local ER offers the best care at your desired price point while you're having your stroke.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I said come in! posted:

What would it take for the military to step in and stop Trump? What if Trump asked the military to do something that is clearly morally wrong? My understanding is that the pentagon hates Trump and does not trust his decision making in the least.

Military leadership won't pass down an illegal order from the President. Individual soldiers on the ground taking cues from Trump's rhetoric and doing poo poo like shooting protesters is another story.

Ultimately, the military won't intervene to depose Trump unless he straight up seizes power without using any of the "legal" paths available to him. As long as he's using the tools provided in the Constitution, they won't do a drat thing.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

"When in the Midwest! This is what you proles do to fill your empty lives, right?"

she gonna go to Blain's Farm & Fleet too to even it out, or just hit up a Menards?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

An insane mind posted:

You're DONATING for INDEPENDENT (R) ear INSPECTORS, APPROVED BY TRUMP.

donate now and we'll match it 900000000% what a steal!

Someone start a GoFundMe to hire a lawyer to GET BIDEN'S AUDIOLOGY RECORDS.

Rake in a few hundred thousand, pay the ~$100 consult fee for a lawyer to say, "nah, that's stupid," pocket the rest.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Shogunner posted:

i cant watch this poo poo can someone tell me who's winning

death, entropy, madness

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Shanghaied posted:

I remember some years ago reading an interview with a Russian neo-nazi, and the reporter reminded him that the nazis' plan during WWII was to colonise all of European Russia, kill most of the population, and the use the survivor as slave labour in SS settlements. And then the reporter asked the neo-nazi "so you are saying the German Nazis got the right idea on everything, except the inherent inferiority of the Slavic people?" and the guy just mumbled "you can't be right about everything all the time" or something.

As a high schooler, I read Vonnegut's "Mother Night" and thought the Black Fuhrer of Harlem was a pretty funny bit of satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTY-PM4q10

Now I realize he's depressingly real.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

quote:

Hicks is said to be frustrated with Trump for taking such a cavalier approach to the virus. She was one of the few West Wing staffers to wear a mask in meetings, which her colleagues chided her for. “She was made fun of because she wore a mask,” a friend said. Sources told me Hicks is also upset that news coverage has made it appear that she gave Trump the virus, when in fact no one knows where he got it. “It’s so unfair she’s sort of being blamed,” the friend told me.

fuckin lmao that people are somehow still shocked when they end up eating poo poo after signing on with Trump's clown show clusterfuck

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Woke up, got coffee, and had a lol that Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States, who has killed nearly 210,000 Americans through his incompetent handling of the COVID pandemic, himself has COVID-19.

Then I remembered that he seems to have spread it even further among his inner circle of fascist grift liches, and I laughed even harder.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

They thought they could make a deal with the devil without ending up in hell. :lol:

Yeah, the true believers are one thing, but it blows my mind just how many people thought they were in on the scam, or that they were the ones using Trump for their own ends, only to end up getting hosed over. Has there been anyone in this whole shitshow who was smart enough to just get the money and run?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

WOAH poo poo BUDDY, I GUESS WE MAYBE SHOULDA DONE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WHOLE CORONAVIRUS THING

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Still, months after the election, they were finding bodies everywhere.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Squiddycat posted:

lol, trump is dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rME3MTIg5II

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

verbal enema posted:

wtf i wanna bein the japan

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

or almost any place else, really

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I was too busy to keep with with this poo poo yesterday, can someone sum up what the gently caress is going on?

water for fish? tiny windows? people tried to kidnap the governor of Michigan? what?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

what the hell is 5-5-6?

5.56 NATO, the round fired by the M4

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

oh

how would goading someone into saying "5.56" even correlate into something akin to "say rear end in a top hat one more time"

I think he means it more in the sense of "say cheese" but also he's an idiot

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Xenocides posted:

Oh, sorry. :(

Yeah, unfortunately she's not one of the cool Satanic Temple folk, she's coming out of the LeVeyan Satanist tradition, which is more like goth libertarianism. Actually, she's Reformed Satanic Church, which split from the Church of Satan because they thought LeVeyan Satanism was instilling too much deference to Satanic religious authority.

Still funny, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the president. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

In the mudded dogyard behind the premises two men went down the boards toward the jakes. A third man was standing there urinating into the mud.

Is someone in there? the first man said.

The man who was relieving himself did not look up. I wouldnt go in there if I was you, he said.

Is there somebody in there?

I wouldnt go in.

He hitched himself up and buttoned his trousers and stepped past them and went up the walk toward the lights. The first man watched him go and then opened the door of the jakes.

Good God almighty, he said.

What is it?

The President of the United States stepped out. You use these jakes and you dont get any water, he said. I'm flushing 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once, and it wont go down, it gets everywhere.