Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Someone please post Mitch falling over again. I need to see this man in pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

The Locator posted:

Morons protesting in Arizona - livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joywY4InvnE

watching the one guy trying to reason with them towards the end is painful

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

the real question is, is this is trump going scorched earth before he gets dragged out of the white house, or is this part of some cockamamie scheme to try to keep him in power?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
So I was reading through twitter and one of the many people repeating the copy paste about leaving the country got called out in the comments and... Apologized, admitted that he was just farming impressions and that he didn't believe any of the things he was posting.

I know many take it for granted that Trump has an army of paid bots/shills posting for him on twitter, but those comments got me wondering about the organizations who provide these services. Does anyone know more about the way they operate?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
You know, I'm starting to feel like having all these grifters and true believers spreading misinformation and outright lies both through the internet as well as through traditional platforms like TV and radio is probably not good for a healthy democracy.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

veni veni veni posted:

No, they want a dictatorship.

With a nice dollop of theocracy thrown in for flavor

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

fappenmeister posted:

In the lead up to the election, i had the tv on in the background while I was cooking. A reporter was asking people over there who they were voting for, and why.

What stuck out for me was a lady stating that she was voting for Trump because she is Christian.

Can someone please explain to this Australian what the correlation is?

Lots of people who call themselves Christian actually just want a strong daddy authority figure to tell them how to live their life and punish their enemies/people who are different from them hth

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Conservatism, as an ideology, is all about being afraid of unfamiliar things and taking steps to either dominate those unfamiliar things (thus removing their danger) or to get rid of them all together (also removing their danger). It's all about providing a sense of security to the perpetually anxious.

And I guess it's also about grifting the perpetually anxious, for the guys on top at least.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Johnny Aztec posted:

Ah. Because Emissions, and only Emissions, is the only problems

Everyone I've ever heard screaming about overpopulation has been of the "Well in the West we're okay due to low birth rates so obviously nothing needs to change here, it's those poor foreigners that have got to change!" variety, despite that fact that that it's the West that's consuming the majority of the world's resources.

I'd love to hear a solution that doesn't boil down to "Those poor foreign countries need to have less kids so that I can maintain my accustomed standard of living!"

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Cyks posted:

Maybe it's too early for my brain to comprehend conservative logic but what exactly is Marco Rubio trying to say?
Going to an Ivy League school, having a strong resume, attending conferences and being nice are bad traits?

Yeah it means you are a LIBERAL-EDUCATED spineless toady who won't stand up FOR AMERICA!! Part of the SWAMP!

Everyone knows mean-spirited, disruptive idiots with spotty resumes are the MAVERICKS America NEEDS!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Pedos are one of the least sympathetic groups of people out there. It's an easy way to smear everyone you don't like and if anyone tries to call you on it, you just call them pedos/pedo defenders.

The really lovely side effect of all this is that it draws attention from actual pedos in people's local community because of all the focus on global cabals and outlandish conspiracy theories. People get this warped idea of what pedophilia looks like in real life so while they're foaming at the mouth about Hillary's emails, the soccer coach or youth pastor is molesting their kids right under their noses.

ah yes, dale gribble syndrome

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

ChesterJT posted:

You should go outside more.

you should read up on the history of fascist regimes

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
wow that sounds bad i bet trump would have never done that!!!

thank you fellows for showing us how bad biden is in the trump lol thread you are opening eyes and winning hearts and minds!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Steadiman posted:

Oh no...a whole month :ohdear:

Boy they really love to complain about things not being "fair", don't they. So unfair

"fair" is when they win and the people they don't like lose. sadly lot of them have become accustomed to this sort of "fairness"

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1367881109162299397

I thought his last documentary already proved everything, why would he need to make another? :ohdear:

this guy must be rolling in chud donations by this point, but i hear that crack can be an expensive habit

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

lol that the mormons have successfully blocked whatever this is from being shown in my country

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

They... They were only trying to maximize profit margins!!! :qq:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
I hate that damned turtle

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

low key sex master posted:

Eh the only thing I'll never give DJT poo poo about is being a teetotaler

I think the only true and heartfelt story he's ever told is he became one because his brother died of alcoholism

yeah he'd never lie about that, even trump has limi-

oh

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Whelp! If the GOP leadership wants to get rid of her, she just handed them the golden opportunity...

...if they want to get rid of her. :negative:

At this point I'm pretty sure the GOP leadership saw January 6th as a practice run

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Shanghaied posted:

lmao, can you imagine this kind of power-sharing agreement in the US lol.

Mitch: "The Republicans will occupy the White House for 24 months, then we will turn over control to the Democrats."

*The GOP rules for the rest of eternity*

they'd pull it off by giving themselves little badges that read "THE DEMOCRATS" when its time to turn control over and then claim that the other guys are just imposter-clones from china, here to enact their evil foreign plots.

60% of the voting population will support them

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Sunswipe posted:

Whoever made that changed the face of Arnold Schwarzenegger on that poster to a different photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Why? What possible advantage does that have? Were they afraid people seeing the picture wouldn't recognise Arnold in perhaps his most famous role if he was wearing sunglasses? Sunglasses that he famously wore in perhaps his most famous role?

I swear, these assholes manage to continuously gently caress up in the most bizarre ways.

he looked too manly and cool with the sunglasses on and they didn't want their base to get the wrong idea about vaccines. remember, if a cool strong man tells you to do something you should do it!!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
I'm so glad we have people reminding us that the democrats are also bad, here in the trump lol thread. I mean really what difference is there in the two parties right? Both bad, so simple!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

spacetoaster posted:

Oof. Ow.

Is this in places where the Democrats defend democracy by removing them from ballots?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LOL!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Steadiman posted:

these are my favorites. When the do-your-own-research crowd runs into someone who's actually done the research

is there more to this? i'd love to see the response if there was one

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Sir John Falstaff posted:

The second half:

Katebeliot has since deleted their tweets.

i wasnt expecting the double down

silly me

thanks for the lol

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
So is the GOP plan just to gently caress Florida up to the point of no return so they can turn around and point at Biden and say "he did it" come election time? Like what is the long term agenda here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1440809633606615040

He's bitter, you know....about losing.

Not many can be a one term president but Trump did it.

lol trump is haunted by his defeat at the hands of sleepy joe