Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
lol hes gonna effectively kill himself just like Steve Jobs

both with treatable conditions, could receive world class medical care. but instead the patient knows best, and the best course of treatment is to ignore that you have a serious problem. both tried to use carrots in some way to cure their problems, Jobs by veggie juicing and Trump by attempting to look like a carrot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

luxury handset posted:

doctors aren't going to keep giving it to him if it's more harmful than beneficial. as potus trump gets immediate access to all the best drugs, but he can't compel doctors to inject him with random poo poo on command

he can't compel doctors to do that no, but there is always someone to be found who will do whatever he asks - no matter how illegal/stupid/shameful.

it's like basically the story of his entire life. look at all the boobs he is currently surrounded with, they stick around because they do exactly what he wants them to do, and it furthers their own ambitions so they do it. "doctor" isn't a magical profession that doesn't include unscrupulous slimebags, someone will agree with his idiot ideas.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol he really is such a little baby bitch, the biggest fake tough guy of all time

every single person who has enabled him over his entire life (to enrich themselves of course) should be ashamed to the point they should crawl into a hole so small and dark that they cease to exist. of course none of those people have any shame, so ill simply settle for prosecutions and jail time next year

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 26, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

exquisite tea posted:

How can you watch Jared Kushner on TV for one second and not think American meritocracy is a complete joke.

hes white and im white so im destined for great things just like him you see, if only the minorities weren't keeping me for achieving my true potential

now if you will excuse me i need to change into my dressy wife beater tank top to go eat at applebees

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 26, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol im loving dying, UPS ate my homework excuse. put this moron on a rocket and send him to mars

but we swear the documents are REAL, AND VERY DAMNING, VERY BIG SCANDAL. oh did we make copies of these VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS? no of course not

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Methanar posted:

lol that you can buy guns and ammo at walmart in the US like its no big deal

its actually more a big deal than some other places, most of the major chains actually have more aggressive polices on waiting periods and the types of ammo and weapons that they sell

you can of course just buy all sorts of poo poo from people privately with zero checks or anything weeee

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

vaginite posted:

Man that's a lot of replies. Is there any literature on this? I'd just think if their original goal was to destabilize us they'd keep on going rather than letting a political party that was absolutely enraged at them take over. I know there was the hunter icloud hack but that's peanuts compared to the 2016 effort. Is Putin afraid of the coming Democrat wave and he can't do anything about it, and is afraid of what they're gonna do in response to his bullshit in 2016?

why do these big hacks (like emails and poo poo) when they can always be traced back to your operatives in Russia?

it's probably most effective and cheaper to run thousands of lower key operations. just pump up more trolls on social media, have your bot farms post and retweet lies and conspiracy theories. i read some study that shows that fake tweets take off at 5-6x the rate of true stories. why hack people and release hidden 'truth', when you can just make poo poo up wholesale? you get way more bang for your buck, you just need your bot farm astroturf crazy poo poo enough to get traction and then let the actual humans and new outlets continue the momentum. it's much easier to write attention catching headlines when you just make up the story.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

I said come in! posted:

Thats the thing, Trump has no merits.

he doesn't give a poo poo about other people, he doesn't care to learn anything about complex subjects he knows nothing about and he acts big and tough without having to do anything difficult

these are merits that appeal to a lot of "people"

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

TheAardvark posted:

a secretly trump loving coworker of mine apparently spent the last couple weeks reassuring an indian coworker that trump loved skilled immigrants and that her visa status (about to expire) would be fine

because of the executive orders trump passed literally last month, we'd have to pay her like 50% more than anyone else. a trump policy is literally why we are about to have to let her go

LOL!!!!

how does the exe orders effect pay exactly? i honestly don't know.

i assumed his orders would basically be 'kick em out", and have nothing to do with pay

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rolo posted:

Someone tell me trump has a real non bullshit chance of losing.

yes, but prepare your balls for either way

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

nice

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lolin

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Stare-Out posted:

I love that Trump and his cronies invited a bunch of election inspectors to look at the voting results like "SEE, SEE? THEY'RE CHEATING!" and the inspectors were like "No they're not. Byeee."

Anyone have a link or something handy to read more about this?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

uh uh uh i got hacked you see

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol therefore, i win

get the gently caress out here with this 8 year child old logic

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CVagts posted:

I'm definitely ready to see a 77 year old Trump run in 2024. I wonder if the GOP would rally back or just curbstomp him into dust before he builds momentum again.

lol curb stomp him how? which wet noodle soggy whitebread is going to out 'tough guy' him? they tried before and they all got creamed, Rubio talking about running is especially lol considering his 4x repeat meltdown

the media will show every drat second of crazy uncle trump just like last time and he would win the nomination for sure. the RNC built up a base that loves a candidate that is tough talking, aggressively ignorant, FYGM, and never apologizes or admits to not be an expert in EVERYTHING. trump has 70 years of practice at never being wrong, he has lived in an alternate reality afforded to him by his fathers money. if he ran again he would win the primaries again

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

admiraldennis posted:

lollll the completely incredulous tone on manuals? what manuals? what books?

Trump has really improved his game since then. Claiming books and manuals state something is dangerously too tangible. Nowadays he would simply say 'some people, great people, smart people say Xyz'. Who exactly? "oh you know who I'm talking about"

edit: oh god 2020 just moves too fast, that whole interview is incredible and should play 24/7 in a loop somewhere for everyone to see. I forgot about the dog-poo poo tier bar graph printouts he busts out lol

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 19, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I know this was already posted, but:

lol how does your mapping or graphics software even allow for that?

it certinally has overlays already built that have the correct boundaries for states and countries. its not like you have to draw a new map from scratch for every graphic and manually label the locations as if you are working in ms paint lol

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Virginia Slams posted:

I wonder daily whether these lunatic lawyers who are ruining whatever reputation they have left are either A. True believers and actually deranged or B. Trying to secure a spot as a party talking head at Newsmax or OAN

It could even be both. But either way its an lol for me

the goal is B, but to get there you have to fake A. then after a while you actually become a true believer

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Simone Magus posted:

Today I learned:

the reason you see very white people claiming "Native American" on their dating profiles? it's apparently A Thing now to "reclaim" that term because "America" was a concept created by white dudes. I'm sure this is old news to most of you but just, ugh

I'm half first nation, half Irish. I'm quite pale unless I get sun every day, then I tan very fast. But I'm currently pale.

So I messaged this cute trans girl on Tinder saying like "wow, I'm also a pale trans native American girl, winky face emoji, what are the odds" and long story short, I found out she was a white supremacist literally 15 minutes ago

I am hiding in the restaurant bathroom and about to run out the door, I hope she doesn't see me

sorry about your current predicament, but also lol

also if you survive the escape please post on how she reviled the white supremacy angle. im very interest how someone tosses that out there the first time you meet someone

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

thanks 2020 i have literally no idea if this is real or a parody

either way: lol

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Woke Pob posted:

Scary stuff.

Similar situation. I turned up expecting it to be a bunch of wonks popping open bottles of mid-priced prosecco. I did not expect to see Hillary lying prone inside a pentagram scrawled on the floor.

I stood there stunned as a half-naked John Podesta entered the room holding something round and white. "Behold, the Skull of Seth!" he cried as he held it aloft. He began to beat a slow rhythm on the skull as the rest of the crowd gathered around the pentagram and began repeating a slow chant, "UM DOM IN YON, UM DOM IN YON". I listened as the chant increased in intensity and tempo. When it reached a crescendo the room suddenly fell silent. It seemed like time had stopped, only broken when Hillary opened her mouth in an unnaturally wide grin. Her gaping maw released a sound that no human could ever produce and that no human should ever hear.

Simultaneously thousands of small white objects began pouring out of her mouth and eyes, rapidly creating a swirling maelstrom that filled the room. I plucked one of them from the air and discovered it was a small origami butterfly. I saw text on one of its wings and began to unfold it. As I started to read:

my hands began to burn as if they had been plunged into bleach. Hurriedly dropping the butterfly I watched as it dissolved into a fine mist. Nursing my hands I looked around to see the other butterflies evaporating too, filling the room with a pale haze. Along with it came a smell - pungent and sweet and slightly spicy. I struggled to place it until I realised it was the smell of mustard, but somehow fancier. Slowly a shadowy figure began to coalesce within the mist.

"IT'S A ME, HUGIO", bellowed the ghost of the Venezuelan despot. It wasn't until days later that I wondered why he spoke with an unconvincing Italian accent. Podesta commanded "Bring forth the Drives of Flash". The crowd fell back from the pentagram as a number of hooded figures stepped forward, each holding aloft something small and glittering.

Podesta continued to intone, "47 shall be the number of the drives. FAT32 shall be their format, and their format shall be FAT32. NTFS thou shalt not use, neither use thou FAT, excepting that thou then upgrade to FAT32. ext2 is right out".

At this point Hillary rose from the floor, hovering mid-air with her arms outstretched. "Hugo Chavez! By the sacred power of Pokemon, I command you to go to the drives!" The spectre cackled insanely and began to dissipate in a multitude of ephemeral trails. They disappeared into the USB sticks the acolytes still held, like genies returning to their lamps.

They did have a pretty sweet buffet though.

appreciating the lol in these uncertain times

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Shanghaied posted:

Yes it did lol. Private sector employers were overwhelmingly against the deferral. So Trimp had to force the federal government and the DoD to do it. Senior military officers tried to warn the administration, because a LOT of dumb 19-to-20-something year-old enlisted are gonna be pissed off in January lol.

lol

i mean really out of everything this moron has done I don't know why this in particular strikes me as particularly stupid, but it does. literally loving over military paychecks and their taxes lol

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

its_my_birthday posted:

lol at trump holding america hostage and the gop is just shoulder shrugging. why the gently caress would anyone vote for another republican after this

because when you are stupid yourself, it is very attractive to see a leader who is also stupid succeed. you are subconsciously drawn to this after a lifetime of being wrong, and getting owned and dunked on by smart people

"see, look at trump", you think to yourself. "he never has to admit he is wrong, he never has to learn anything new, he just says and does whatever he wants. that is exactly how i want to behave".

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

its_my_birthday posted:

it's like we're living in some kinda lovely twilight zone episode and we got all woke up one day in the social media dimension without realizing it until it was the new normal

lol

how do you even fix this. we are all too loving stupid to wield this power. but at the same time, people should have a right to the internet and free speech.

free speech, yes

anonymous speech, no

force 1:1 identity verification. anonymity (either actual or perceived) is a reason why you see 10000x more insane poo poo posted on the internet, compared to people on a soap box in the town center spouting nonsense

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 4, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Hobo Clown posted:

It's crazy how much performative legal nonsense is being done because the GOP is so terrified of their own electorate. Gotta file another bullshit lawsuit that has no merit because otherwise they might get called a pedophile on Parler!

That really implies that they are internally conflicted because they want to act in a upright moral way, but instead they are 'forced' to go along with this bullshit.

People backing all the lies are not conflicted at all, they have put their sail up and will go whichever way the wind blows. They deserve no credit whatsoever, only scorn and disgust.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol i've lost track of how many times some politician has trumpeted around "TEXAS CAN VOTE TO LEAVE THE UNION", it must be in the thousands. it had a period of hibernation while trump was in office. its a total joke. this crackpot theory is trotted out when some weenie needs to score points with their golden corral constituency, it makes for some good headlines in between trips to the unlimited chocolate fountain.

also our AG (the shitstack who filled that brief on behalf of the state challenging the election) Ken Paxton is a top tier piece of poo poo who will be going to jail eventually. hes been in a protracted lawsuit for security fraud, and recently upped the ante by firing like 10 top lawyers from his office in retaliation for whistle-blowing. i do appreciate that his election lawsuit generated a list of scum who publicly singed their names advocating treason, very handy for posterity.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 11, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You don't have to show ID to vote. Illegal immigrants who the gently caress knows.

maybe not in your state, but yes, there lots of places where you show ID before voting

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Coffee Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/MostCrucified/status/1338853927668867073?s=20

Patriot Gamblers will have their day. Just you wait. Just you wait.

Mr President Trump sir always loyal to you. I will never give up the fight for you, my president

lol another strong contender for 2020's "things I can't tell if they are parody or real anymore"

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

old beast lunatic posted:

i mean why do we even have other justices if roberts is just gonna bully everyone?

very unfair! SAD!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

https://twitter.com/AZGOP/status/1340315973539151878?s=20

This is the official Arizona State GOP.

They're loving insane.

:lol:?

(click to see the whole picture)

lol

the full picture reveal is a pro-click

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

InternetJunky posted:

Is this the nazi Gorka who ran with Trump for a while, or are there just a bunch of Gorkas on the right?

lol its that Gorka

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Stoatbringer posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with these lunatics?

the status quo has not given some people the king like powers they feel like they are entitled to, so they wish for a complete collapse of society so that they can finally claim their rightful place.

its very similar to people who prep for doomsday and secretly want the world to end because they feel like that will unlock their true potential. and just like doomsday peppers these kinds of thoughts are attractive to utterly unremarkable people because they don't have to actually DO anything to improve their standing in life. if the world collapses they are ready the way they currently are. its much simpler, easier and safer for the feeble minded to say 'it's the world that is the problem, not me'. and the act of buying 5 guns and a 30 gallon jugs of emergency food is simple, so now you can say 'i'm ready for the end of the world and when it comes im going to be king'.

the alternative is for them to realize that they are not a special snowflake, and to improve their situation would require either 1)effort or 2)help from the government would blow their mind.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1342832582606598144

can't decide whether to go with "stdh.txt" or "don't sign your tweets" on this one

oh well it must be true, you got us donald

ill call joe and tell him it's all over

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

But wait, there's more!

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/1343002800654053376?s=20

Did it? 'Cuz it seems like the dude's doing his damndest to try to get Dems to win those seats.

lol the idea that the vote will go negative is so beyond insane it's genius

maybe the vote is being stolen becase Sidney Powell is a clearly deep agent of Obama

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The interesting thing about this is that until, like, September 2018, we had epidemiologists in China, but the tax cuts in the budget that the GOP passed in Dec 2017 cut that.

China's totalitarian government sucks and they ignored the outbreak in Wuhan for way too long out of their weird "saving face" thing to appear in control of all things at all times and deny real problems. However, if we had U.S. scientists on the ground in China, they could've/would've seen what was going on and been able to warn our government and likely the rest of the world well in advance. That would have created pressure on the Chinese government to actually do something about it rather than pretend it wasn't happening, while at the same time, other countries could evaluate the best options for them to a) keep it from getting within their borders or b) containing it's spread if it was already there.

So, in a long roundabout way, yes, the Chinese government sucks, but it was a Republican House, Senate and Presidency looking to cut taxes for the rich that likely led to the global pandemic. I didn't used to think the U.S. was "exceptional," but Trump has me changing my mind. Of course, now that those epidemiologists are out of China, there's probably a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting them back in. Similarly now that the Chinese government has fully cracked down on Hong Kong, Hong Kong is never going to be how it was again. Trump's presidency was extremely consequential around the world and there's a whole lot of bells that can't be unrung because of him.

lol we could have had 300,000 scientists in China on the ground telling the US "HOLY poo poo ITS GONNA BE BAD", it wouldn't have mattered with Trump in charge. you could include every member of Trumps family and whoever the gently caress you think he 'listens' to, it still would have made zero difference in how the US reacted to this all under Trump. Hell Trump himself could have been living in China on some kind of extended trip, been required to walk over bodies of people dead of COV19 to reach the airport as if it was zombie movie and it wouldn't have changed.

the US's terrible response (by that I mean Trump and the federal response) wasn't caused by any lack of knowledge or urgency. our response was dogshit because no one was willing to make even the most pathetically easy sacrifices or slight inconveniences at the leadership level, and so the tone was set.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 27, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

TheAardvark posted:

we should have known that pelosi/mcconnell/etc's personal safety being jeopardized was the only thing that could actually get trump held accountable

lol how is he being held accountable? don't hold your breath for him to get impeached or jailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Disco Pope posted:

There's no glory to it, just confusion and involuntary twitches as her body fails. Every chud cosplay fantasist needs to internalise that.

yea im sure they will really sit down and ponder the fragility of life and their place in the universe, MAGA crowed really seems like a deeply reflective bunch