Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
OP you don't sound boring but you could stand to pick up a few new hobbies

- pick all of the fruits you can before the frost comes. Every single one
- Freeze them
- Bake. Pies or fruit cobblers are great ways to use them up. Cobbler with a little bit of ice cream is one of the best enjoyment:effort ratios imaginable
- Plants. Grow plants. I've start doing some indoor ivy, mint, spider plant, and pothos in the last few years, and I've found it really fascination/gratifying. As a 20-30-something dude, this is slightly unusual, and that just makes it better
- Bake other stuff - I've been making my own pizzas from scratch, including the doughs, and it doesn't take that much time. Less than an hour, from start to finish, including cleanup and extra ingredient frying.
- Crochet?
- Learn to code. Do a project, don't just follow tutorials
- Sculpting, like with clay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Methanar posted:

i thought this worked by alternating importing apples and other seasonal fruit from the north vs southern hemisphere at varying latitudes so its always in season somewhere.

THat's the case for most things, but not apples. Apples can last for like a year in certain conditions, it's magical

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/11/26/668256349/thanks-to-science-you-can-eat-an-apple-every-day