Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Well folks, it's the day your ol' pal DOOMocrat has been waiting for, a championship that can't skate backwards, a championship that doesn't own a snow shovel, a championship that will inevitably, invariably, lead to more instances of the "What's the difference between the Calgary Flames and a bra?" joke. And it's in fuckin' Edmonton.

All games in Canada on Sportsnet, I assume proceeding Littlest Hobo and Corner Gas syndicated reruns.

https://twitter.com/CobrastanGuy/status/1306805282580951042

Storylines as I see them:

- Eat it, snowailures.

- Joe Pavelski has his Old Guy Without A Cup Gets It Second chance, and might hand it to Corey Perry afterwards.

- No matter what, a team from Dallas or a player from Dallas hoists the cup, thanks to Blake "The Break" Coleman, certified local product.

- Again thank you to you uncouth Long Island sons of bitches for buying us a few days.

- But also LOL Varlamov

- I still have no idea how any of this happened.

- Cooper and Bowness don't seem to actually like each other very much.

- Who'd have thought that Bishop wouldn't be the reason, eh? Might get one of the loving BACK TO BACKS on the schedule, providing his tissue knee is holding.

We're not going home... empty handed.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

RIP Esa Lindell, died by shot blocking.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have no gripe against Dallas conceptually but I'll be damned if a defense-first team wins again and brings back a decade of boring rear end 1-3-1 hockey after this recent scoring resurgence
Gotta go Bolts out of principal

Dallas has three more goals than TBL so far :toot:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Negative goal differential includes the round robin which Dallas technically played in, but wasn't exactly present for.

I know the team's defense first and not the most exciting but there's also a lot of play-up to that going on. Vegas played two boring series, Dallas played one, and we're paint drying. IDGI.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

At the Dallas Draft he started with a Humbolt tribute.

As if he didn't know the first thing people would do was boo. It was *incredibly* awkward.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Did some SMU bottle blonde reject you at Lee Harvey's or something, this runs deep with you.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Until two weeks ago that was basically Guryanov's deployment, so maybe Coop can dip into those old Bowness lessons.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I've been alerted to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXv468dEmbU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

MRLOLAST posted:

Wow Dallas is in a cup final. I sort of remember the last time that happened. Mike Modano, Derian Hatcher, Nieuwendijk and Eddie the Eagle. Fun team and a great period of hockey with Jagr still with the Penguins and Theo Fleury tearing it up.
I am slightly rooting for Tampa who I feel is one of the best organisations in the NHL and for Stamkos to play. But I wish both teams success and have no ill wishes towards either.
Hedman or Chudobin for MVP?

Goaltenders never get the Smythe so unless he wins with 2+ shutouts in the series it'll be Heiskanen.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'm gonna hurl.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bishop has a tissue knee and has for what seems like five years now, Faksa's Ulna or Radius are broken, and Johns has had a reoccurance of his concussion induced post-traumatic headaches more than likely.

Is there theory as to what Stamkos has?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

dallas

stars

dallas

stars goal song origin story video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DCrD9FgjA

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

N: I miss Radek Faksa a lot. Can't roll lines against TB like you could Colorado or Vegas.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bishop can't go.

This marks his fifth consecutive season with a back half injury.

E: And if you still don't understand the consistent possession amendment made during the 98-99 season due to the crease rule, that's a you problem.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 26, 2020

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/RearAdBsBlog/status/1310255894790365187

If the Avs land Krug and can ice a good to great passing defenseman 40 minutes a night easy next year they're winning the Cup.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'll need a new source of seratonin but it is pretty cool to see Blake Coleman actually live my boyhood dream.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

don't let anybody poo poo on you because they don't like the rules they agreed on

trust me on this one

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Note it down the southern hospitality cup final has had the most amicable post-game posting in SAS history.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Good soup! posted:

it's incredibly loving lame lmao

Man shut your 2013's peak poster goonsay cheek flabbin' fatass up already. All playoffs, christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

So what is the new cursed team that should have loving won it all by now but they haven't because of laziness/bad luck/Russians/bad coaching/whatever? Caps and Bolts vanquished their demons, so who would it be?

Avs core is still young yet... Is Vegas there yet? Nashville maybe?

... oh my god it might actually be Toronto