Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wow rude Kota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Thought Jay would throw the Zima in Kota's face but we got the opposite!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jay and kota with the zima plug

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kota has ZERO time for Switchblade's bullshit, ahaha

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i turned off the stream what happened

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Jay and kota with the zima plug

Gotta put over the sponsors bro

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Come now, he's got to be good for another tag belt run

Christ, they would staple Shingo to him and have them win WTL every year so they don't have to find Shingo a match at WK.

Strawberry Panda posted:

He's 32 years old. He has plenty of time left.

Plenty of time to job to the main eventers.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

The problem with the Skull End, Money Clip, and Butterfly Lock is they're all "try and make the guy pass out" sleeper style submissions, and those are hard to make compelling. When Tanahashi puts on the Cloverleaf or Zack does one of his thousand and five holds they actually tap people out because they're "oh god this loving hurts please stop i can't handle it aaaaAAAA" moves. Suzuki's sleeper he very rarely keeps on for more than 10 seconds, so he doesn't have the same problem as those other 3 moves.

oh hey knife pervert's here

Except when Suzuki goes against Naito. The he had him in the leg lock for 15 minutes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

Switchblade showed up in the middle of Ibushi talking to the press, grabbed a chair and sat down, reminded Ibushi that he beat him and insisted that when Ibushi gets the briefcase, he wants him to put it up against him in a match. Ibushi told him anytime.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Zima product placement pays off every year. ZSJ once stole like 6 of them and shoved them in his tights

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Other sports should adopt the postgame press conference with Zima in place of Gatorade

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Seams posted:

Kota was doing his postmatch promo, someone started clapping very loudly and smugly and it was indeed the detested Clap Pervert. He wanted a chair but no one gave him one. He took the one that had Ibushi’s G1 winner gift bags on it. He sat down, Kota gave him a beer. They toasted and Jay said he’s gonna take the briefcase. Kota rudely tried to throw beer on the nice young man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ibushi putting the trophy out of Switchblade's reach during their interaction was so great.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

Christ, they would staple Shingo to him and have them win WTL every year so they don't have to find Shingo a match at WK.

Plenty of time to job to the main eventers.

I mean that's fine. If there are people better than him then he should job.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I would like to congratulate NJPW for finally putting the Zimas in a container of ice.

Two years ago they had to celebrate with warm Miller Genuine Drafts, last year it was warm Zimas.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

extradite THIS! posted:

Kota was doing his postmatch promo, someone started clapping very loudly and smugly and it was indeed the detested Clap Pervert. He wanted a chair but no one gave him one. He took the one that had Ibushi’s G1 winner gift bags on it. He sat down, Kota gave him a beer. They toasted and Jay said he’s gonna take the briefcase. Kota rudely tried to throw beer on the nice young man.

lol, classic switchblade

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Ibushi putting the trophy out of Switchblade's reach during their interaction was so great.

Well if you had won a nice trophy you wouldn't want all that grease and slime all over it either.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jay White is winning the briefcase so that for the second year running I will have predicted the WK main eventer without getting the right G1 winner

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’ll be goddamn hilarious if EVIL fucks Jay over during his briefcase shot

And Jay in return fucks over EVIL during a Double Gold title shot later the same night

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

At some point, Jay White is going to turn babyface and at that time he will likely be friends with Kota Ibushi

I just want you all to try to picture their weird chemistry

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jay White is winning the briefcase so that for the second year running I will have predicted the WK main eventer without getting the right G1 winner

This will turn Kota insane and finally my prediction of him joining SZG will come true

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Kind of funny Jay beat Ibushi at WK and was supposed to be next in line for a title shot but Kenta and Evil have been the ones to get the shots before him, and now he has to try to beat Ibushi again for one.

So, White really should beat the poo poo out of EVIL.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Wouldn’t it be the same weird chemistry he had with Cody where it’s like “he’s my boyfriend’s friend but I don’t really like him”

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

At some point, Jay White is going to turn babyface and at that time he will likely be friends with Kota Ibushi

I just want you all to try to picture their weird chemistry

I am so eager for Jay's face turn, but I also hope they drag it out.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Taichi and Ibushi will bond over their shared hobby of kicking Jay White real hard and then losing to him, and Ibushi will help Taichi form Taichi-Gun by accident.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

The best part of Ospreay feuding with Okada is not having to watch Ospreay nor the Money Clip.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TriffTshngo posted:

The problem with the Skull End, Money Clip, and Butterfly Lock is they're all "try and make the guy pass out" sleeper style submissions, and those are hard to make compelling. When Tanahashi puts on the Cloverleaf or Zack does one of his thousand and five holds they actually tap people out because they're "oh god this loving hurts please stop i can't handle it aaaaAAAA" moves. Suzuki's sleeper he very rarely keeps on for more than 10 seconds, so he doesn't have the same problem as those other 3 moves.

Holy poo poo this is it, THANK YOU. I could never put my finger on it and it was driving me mad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah one thing that i think wrestling submissions really lack that does apply in real fights is the application of an instant submission, like a full stretched cross-armbar or an americana.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChillYourWayOut/status/1317752949100085249

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

Money Clip is fine because Okada does stuff like do a backbreaker or let it go to nail a short Rainmaker, then reapply it.
Butterfly Lock is fine because Yoshi does stuff like transition into a wristlock or a sleeper.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he is the best official.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holy loving poo poo

Also just think about how much better SANADA would be if he sometimes did that into a wheelbarrow German instead

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I love that Suzuki only holds the sleeper on long enough to daze his opponent victim, so they won't fight out of the GSP. It's very clever.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

yeah one thing that i think wrestling submissions really lack that does apply in real fights is the application of an instant submission, like a full stretched cross-armbar or an americana.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Lucha if you get someone in a submission it's usually an instant tap out.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

catching up to the 3 matches i missed and lmao at douki pinning yoshi-hashi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

catching up to the 3 matches i missed and lmao at douki pinning yoshi-hashi

DOUKI Ichiban

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Lucha if you get someone in a submission it's usually an instant tap out.

thats correct

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I bit so hard on this, it's insane. Kota timed that kickout masterfully

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I love that it catches the timekeeper jumping up like “HOLY poo poo GOTTA RING THE - THAT WAS TWO?!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress i assumed that was a legit 3 count that they didn't count as it wasn't supposed to end there