Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Whoa. Yesterday I fell into a wikihole and somehow ended up reading about Irving Berlin. No idea he wrote that song. Then I read about Taco and remembered hearing that song as a kid.

This is weird, saint anime. Not really weird, but weird.

If I hear this song in a store or something, I'll come back and report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i thought it was by taco from the league so i googled it. ive heard it before but had no idea who sung it.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ich bin ein Taco

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
i had never heard this version. i think i only hear the bad in-store radio when i get groceries and its probably not on the playlist

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

(also, what is the other 20's throwback that I always confuse this with?)

Girls, Girls, Girls by Sailor?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
A very special "screw you" to OP. I hadn't thought of this song in years - didn't read this thread but it caught the corner of my eye and it started creeping back into my consciousness. Now I've listened to it several times and am wandering around the house going "ifyoureblueandyoudon'tknowwheretogowhydon'tyougowherefashionsits? PUTTIN ON THE RITZ" and although the kids think it's funny, the wife does not.

She's now accusing me of trying to get it stuck in her head too.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

A very special "screw you" to OP. I hadn't thought of this song in years - didn't read this thread but it caught the corner of my eye and it started creeping back into my consciousness. Now I've listened to it several times and am wandering around the house going "ifyoureblueandyoudon'tknowwheretogowhydon'tyougowherefashionsits? PUTTIN ON THE RITZ" and although the kids think it's funny, the wife does not.

She's now accusing me of trying to get it stuck in her head too.

You sound blue

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

SUPER DUPER

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Xlorp posted:

You sound blue

I KNOW WHERE TO GO GOD DAMMIT

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Wifey probably thinks you’re not really trying all that hard to look like Gary Cooper.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Agent Escalus posted:

Wifey probably thinks you’re not really trying all that hard to look like Gary Cooper.
Try it up the pooper

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

(also, what is the other 20's throwback that I always confuse this with?)

Istanbul (Not Constantinople)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Xlorp posted:

Try it up the pooper

SUPER DUPER

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is actually the most offensive Puttin on the Ritz music video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quNE_p37hSU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey just an fyi, I didn't hear this song today but I was thinkin' aboutcha op!! You did it!!

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't hear it this week. But I was looking for it. Almost feel Nanny McPhee'd

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

saint anime posted:

This is actually the most offensive Puttin on the Ritz music video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quNE_p37hSU

lol oh no

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Lolie posted:

Girls, Girls, Girls by Sailor?

maybe yes? huh.

I haven't heard it today OP, no thanks to you. now it's infected my youtube feed and the internet has decided I love Taco (nsm) rather than tacos (yes.)

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKhAHflqvM

MackAddie fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 30, 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I heard this fuckin song today

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

I heard this fuckin song today

The magic left me. It no longer plays for me, but I assume it does for those who still believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

saint anime posted:

The magic left me. It no longer plays for me, but I assume it does for those who still believe.

You, too, sound blue