Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
j.k. rowling:
sucks
sucks rear end
sucks balls
sucks taint
not so bad - j/k all of the above
View Results

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Voodoofly posted:

I'm already voting you for stupid day 1 reasons but

##unvote
##vote Elks

Sure, you want to call Spoonsy's vote over-explained whatever, I don't agree but it's a reason. But just using RNG to get things moving, especially if you won't be around, seems pretty null to me. I don't think anyone else is calling him scum for RNG, they are calling him scum for not just owning to RNG in a simple statement and leave it at that.

This, with already trying to set up some bus call on taste, just feels more scummy than anything else I've seen so far.

Sire, I believe you have misunderstood my posts. I did not say that Spoons had over-explained. I just said it was strange to RNG his vote. Please, do check.

I do understand your concern with my feelings on taste, however. So please vote based on the latter than the former. Thank you, good sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Alternatively, should you believe that Spoons' RNG isnt scummy and want to vote someone who does, well, taste is likely one you should give some consideration

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I note you haven't remarked on my last post, in your great fervor

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Voodoofly posted:

I'm already voting you for stupid day 1 reasons but

##unvote
##vote Elks

Sure, you want to call Spoonsy's vote over-explained whatever, I don't agree but it's a reason. But just using RNG to get things moving, especially if you won't be around, seems pretty null to me. I don't think anyone else is calling him scum for RNG, they are calling him scum for not just owning to RNG in a simple statement and leave it at that.

This, with already trying to set up some bus call on taste, just feels more scummy than anything else I've seen so far.

its too late, ronnie is going down..

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

t a s t e posted:

I note you haven't remarked on my last post, in your great fervor

Sorry governor, I didn't realise you were actually waiting! It does help to clear things up a smidgen I think.

To be clear, I don't have a clearcut case on you and I'm not pretending that I do. My vote is, as mentioned, purely based on gut feelings. Truth be told, noone strikes me as particularly scummy thus far.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Getting some chaos energy off of Cloner here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Life is waiting, I think. Thank you for your response.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Cloner trying to deflect attention off on Spoones?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Ah, but busses are by their nature deceitful. I remember a great bussing strategy back in '76 during Jury Duty. T'was quite spectacular!

To circle back to this, IIRC Jury Duty '76 was a game with no NK whatsoever, and not a game where bussing would cut your NK power in half. Doesn't seem very similar (also JD76 had... half scums and people who became scums and doesn't seem to be a very reasonable comparison). I'm not saying anything is off the table, but "taste might be bussing spoonsy" is a very, very hard sell to me right now even as a remote suggestion.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Finally done with the workday

##vote spoon man

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

My main thought so far is that Spoonsy has been weird, but the suspicion on him is what it is on day 1 voting rationale. If he gets a lunch day 1 i think that's just fine.

However, Cloner's posts have also been weird as hell and i think there's a critical distinction: they've escalated weirder and weirder (within the scope of what's "weird" on day 1) as he attempted to justify his earlier posts. He's not copping to making bad leaps of logic or looking at changing his position based on new information

To be clear, I don't have a clearcut case on you and I'm not pretending that I do. My vote is, as mentioned, purely based on gut feelings. Truth be told, noone strikes me as particularly scummy thus far.

This just has "backpedal" written all over it, especially that bizarre last sentence. Of course nobody's particularly scummy on day 1. We're just voting based on hunches and how the wagons start/develop, along with laying the groundwork to go back and look at flips 2-3 game days from now.

##unvote
##vote Cloner of the Elks

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote spoonsy look the RNG knows best.

Could you clarify what you're mean here? Did you mean to vote Sandwolf ("with the RNG") or did you RNG vote spoonsy? Or was this a joke or something and you were going along with the spoonsy vote put forth by others?

What are your thoughts on the developments in general so far, RF?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Spokes posted:

My main thought so far is that Spoonsy has been weird, but the suspicion on him is what it is on day 1 voting rationale. If he gets a lunch day 1 i think that's just fine.

However, Cloner's posts have also been weird as hell and i think there's a critical distinction: they've escalated weirder and weirder (within the scope of what's "weird" on day 1) as he attempted to justify his earlier posts. He's not copping to making bad leaps of logic or looking at changing his position based on new information

This just has "backpedal" written all over it, especially that bizarre last sentence. Of course nobody's particularly scummy on day 1. We're just voting based on hunches and how the wagons start/develop, along with laying the groundwork to go back and look at flips 2-3 game days from now.

##unvote
##vote Cloner of the Elks

Could you clarify what you're mean here? Did you mean to vote Sandwolf ("with the RNG") or did you RNG vote spoonsy? Or was this a joke or something and you were going along with the spoonsy vote put forth by others?

What are your thoughts on the developments in general so far, RF?

so like...............

you're scum right... just casually setting up a case on RF for tomorrow. I get it. No one wants to be on a town lunch. Its scary. But gosh golly.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

so like...............

you're scum right... just casually setting up a case on RF for tomorrow. I get it. No one wants to be on a town lunch. Its scary. But gosh golly.

RF has two game-relevant posts, one is a vote I didn’t understand (please fill me in since it’s so obvious) and one is a joke (?) cop claim. Doesn’t seem that ridiculous to hear something else from them before the day is out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spokes posted:

Spoonsy said he did an RNG and it came us as himself. Rather than accept the rng's ruling he rerolled

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Spoonsy said he did an RNG and it came us as himself. Rather than accept the rng's ruling he rerolled

Oh. Yeah, that makes sense lol. I got it. Thanks

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Is that bad?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t know yet Hal, what do you think about anything that’s happened yet?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Spokes posted:

How are you seeing this as a back pedal?

I must ask: Does anyone find themselves having a queer vibe from t a s t e?

*stirs tea*

I cannot put my finger on it, and my vote wasn't made in seriousness, but goodness, something feels strange and I cannot, for all of England, work out what it might be!

Okay fellows, I do hope this helps to explain my feelings.

I think it's puzzling that Spoons is more than content with leaving this to a Random Number Generator. It doth strike me as strange.

For t a s t e, I am unsure exactly what gives me such jeebies. Something in my mind says "Bloody hell! Could this be an early bus?". It makes sense to vote, yes, but seems strange. Alas, I am quite uncertain, but my gut has this quite awful sensation.

Methinks you have a terrible fakecase brewing and places you higher than my gut feeling on t a s t e.

##unvote
##vote Spokes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know yet Hal, what do you think about anything that’s happened yet?

Well you know I think this Spoonsy voting was bad news and you yourself are behaving in a way I don’t particularly like

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes I can see also a vote of spokes, but is spokes a mafia veteran?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

How are you seeing this as a back pedal?

There’s a lot of votes on Spoonsy that you’re deciding not to join—and that’s fine, I’m doing the same thing. But you seem determined to upgrade your jokevote on taste to something real based on nothing, and I still think your suggestion of a bus is absurd based on the game structure. But when challenged on it, you’re quickly retreating to “whoa, hey, it’s all just feeling and hunches, cmon let’s all be cool”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well you know I think this Spoonsy voting was bad news and you yourself are behaving in a way I don’t particularly like

okay well you’ve not described either why you dislike the Spoonsy vote or why you don’t like me, so this is starting to look like you avoiding proper content

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes I can see also a vote of spokes, but is spokes a mafia veteran?

I’m not, I have played one game. But that game I was scum and dodged a lot of potential suspicion because I was new—I’d rather improve at the game than win so feel free to take the kid gloves off. If you think I’m suspicious then at least make it clear to me why, tia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Something is pinging me about spokes here

Still think we should be lunching Spoonsy here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

okay well you’ve not described either why you dislike the Spoonsy vote or why you don’t like me, so this is starting to look like you avoiding proper content

Umm well I did because as I said I don’t think Spoonsy would really do that as scum and you were happy to just contentlessly vote him right as it happened In an easy and scummy way and frankly sir I don’t like your tone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Something is pinging me about spokes here

Still think we should be lunching Spoonsy here

Which part of Spoonsys rng vote has you so riled up?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Spokes posted:

There’s a lot of votes on Spoonsy that you’re deciding not to join—and that’s fine, I’m doing the same thing. But you seem determined to upgrade your jokevote on taste to something real based on nothing, and I still think your suggestion of a bus is absurd based on the game structure. But when challenged on it, you’re quickly retreating to “whoa, hey, it’s all just feeling and hunches, cmon let’s all be cool”

I see. Did you not read my posts prior to that saying I had bad vibes on taste? A gut feeling is just that - a gut feeling. I cannot make this any clearer, good friend.
Would you prefer me to drop the hammer on Spoonsy because everyone else is voting for him? I cannot say I'm comfortable with this, he is at -1.

I must say, it does feel like you're digging a hole with each post here, dear chap! I do not like what I am seeing.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not sandwilf but im gonna toss my 2 cents anyways - for me its the awkward vibe of it + it makes sense to me as a scum play.

"Oh it was just rng though you guys" D2 when he lunches a townie type setup

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

the multiple multiple layers of self consciousness in doing so

he knew he wasn't gonna be around so he wanted to say so, oh but he needs a vote, oh but there's little content, so oh I'll rng, oh the rng picked me, oh I rnged again and got sandwolf, oh sorry sandwolf it's just the rng, bye!

Like he seems fixated on separating himself from the vote even though it's a first vote in D1. He didn't even need to relay the story, just poo poo a vote out on me, don't give us two paragraphs where it feels like you're providing a bunch of excuses for why there should be no accountability

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (5): t a s t e, Sandwolf, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Chic Trombone
Cloner of the Elks (2): Retro Futurist, Voodoofly, Retro Futurist, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Spokes
Spokes (2): Biaga, Cloner of the Elks
Sandwolf (1): Spoonsy
Toalpaz (1): Hal Incandenza, Cloner of the Elks, Cloner of the Elks
t a s t e (0): Cloner of the Elks, Cloner of the Elks
Voodoofly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Hal Incandenza (0): Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Biaga (0): Spokes, Spokes

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 25th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 34 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Umm well I did because as I said I don’t think Spoonsy would really do that as scum and you were happy to just contentlessly vote him right as it happened In an easy and scummy way and frankly sir I don’t like your tone

Spoonsy *also* has a tendency to lurk through D1 and D2 after some hullabaloo as scum, so I'm surprised why you're so certain of Spoons' alignment

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Spoonsy at -1 with an hour or so to go.

I'm basically null on Spoonsy. I like my vote on Elks, but its basically a gut vote.

I don't want to vote Spokes, even before you consider its only his second game. I also think Sand's vote on spoonsy was fine. Toap is the only other person with a vote and honestly I don't remember any of their posts, and with only 1 vote its not like they are an option over spoonsy.

Basically I'll swap over in a bit unless there are other people here who can hammer

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

by a bit I mean as close to deadline as I know I'll have computer access.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sire, I believe you have misunderstood my posts. I did not say that Spoons had over-explained. I just said it was strange to RNG his vote. Please, do check.

I do understand your concern with my feelings on taste, however. So please vote based on the latter than the former. Thank you, good sir.

Oh, I think I just said it poorly. I know you called Spoonsy scummy for using RNG. I just don't think using RNG is scummy, or that most people think it is inherently scummy, or that I think *you* think it's inherently scummy.

In short:

Spoonsy is scum for overexplaining an RNG vote? sure, I don't agree but that is a case.

Spoonsy is scum for using RNG to vote? Nope, calling this a bad case, especially coupled into your taste gut calls.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

For what its worth I do enjoy reading your posts

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Voodoofly posted:

Spoonsy is scum for using RNG to vote? Nope

I agree, especially in day one. I think his RNG was aimed at sparking controversy while he is away knowing he would miss the first vote deadline.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Mister Fly, could you kindly point out the post I allegedly said Spoons was scummy for using a Random Number Generator? I'm so terribly sorry, but I don't ever recall doing this, pif!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Spoonsy *also* has a tendency to lurk through D1 and D2 after some hullabaloo as scum, so I'm surprised why you're so certain of Spoons' alignment

I’m not convinced of Spoonsy, but my initial take was it didn’t feel as awkward as you seem to think, but enough people feel the same way as you so maybe I’m the wrong one here

If you’d explained it that way with you vote I probably wouldn’t have been on you

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mister Fly, could you kindly point out the post I allegedly said Spoons was scummy for using a Random Number Generator? I'm so terribly sorry, but I don't ever recall doing this, pif!

Perhaps I could also bother you to show me the part where I allegedly said Spoons over-explained his reasoning for using a Random Number Generator, too.

I do believe you've muddled me with someone else, sir.

*points wand at you*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I think it's puzzling that Spoons is more than content with leaving this to a Random Number Generator. It doth strike me as strange.

This is you calling him scummy for voting with an RNG. And if you are telling me you aren't calling him scum right here for using an RNG, I'd find this post even more scummy because then its just throwing stuff into the air to see what sticks.

I never said you called him scum for overexplaining a vote. Other people did, and I said those other people, while I don't agree with them, at least have a case I consider legitimate.