Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

my first Super MArio Game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also on that 100 coin hunt, getting to 120. i never did get all the stars in the original. blasting to the roof will be an incredible gamer feel and long-wanted dream. i've cleared the lower levels and now working on the top floor. tiny-huge island will definitely be a pain lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

also on that 100 coin hunt, getting to 120. i never did get all the stars in the original. blasting to the roof will be an incredible gamer feel and long-wanted dream. i've cleared the lower levels and now working on the top floor. tiny-huge island will definitely be a pain lol
same, I never made it to 120 stars back in the day... I wasn't looking forward to doing the coin hunts but I've done a couple now and they're a great way to just take some time and poke around these weird, big levels, it's very soothing. Feels like I'm putting the finishing touches on a painting I started when I was 5. That's not a great metaphor but do not roast me I am posting positively + earnestly.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

same, I never made it to 120 stars back in the day... I wasn't looking forward to doing the coin hunts but I've done a couple now and they're a great way to just take some time and poke around these weird, big levels, it's very soothing. Feels like I'm putting the finishing touches on a painting I started when I was 5. That's not a great metaphor but do not roast me I am posting positively + earnestly.

The 120 star pilgrimage is not to be mocked, nor undertaken lightly. Godspeed, gamer.

Now I'm at the last two levels, with only the last bowser stage red coin star remaining of the secret stars. The clock and rainbow ride are kicking my freaking rear end.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The bunny the second time is pissing me off lol. Also swear his running animation has to have a frame where he turns around to look backwards, either that or ive been staring at him so long im going psycho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cleaned out the ground floor, now i'm starting on the basement. i love all these levels so much, shifting sands, hazy maze, and lethal lava are probably my favorite levels in the game. only got to 119 as a kid, rainbow ride coin star just kicked my rear end forever, looking forward to finally clearing it as a full-power adult

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

The bunny the second time is pissing me off lol. Also swear his running animation has to have a frame where he turns around to look backwards, either that or ive been staring at him so long im going psycho

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

lol cool

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
many people don't know mario's real full name even though he clearly says "it's amy mario"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

cleaned out the ground floor, now i'm starting on the basement. i love all these levels so much, shifting sands, hazy maze, and lethal lava are probably my favorite levels in the game. only got to 119 as a kid, rainbow ride coin star just kicked my rear end forever, looking forward to finally clearing it as a full-power adult

Learning that there was an entire level behind that featureless wall felt like discovering super powers, as a child

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hazy maze cave scared the gently caress out of me as a kid and revisiting it I feel like I was absolutely justified

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

hazy maze cave scared the gently caress out of me as a kid and revisiting it I feel like I was absolutely justified

lol yeah, but its got so much going on in such a small space. just stressful as gently caress

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I always found hazy maze very chill, just could be a confusing mess. Lethal Lava Land made me more anxious but it was a blast to clear. Rainbow ride is done and was way more fun than I remembered. I've just got the cursed tiktok tower left now... i can't wait to face Bowser for the final time at my full power.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
im playing galaxy for the first time. 55 stars in. really good game but the way the camera whips around on the really small planets makes me feel dizzy

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
i'm gonna get all the stars

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I got the noki bay challenge shine, and the satisfaction is incredible

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got the Koopa the Quick star and it was fun. Just running around the level doing triple jumps lol. The camera is awkward which is why I playing 64 first because I figure I'll enjoy sunshine and galaxy more when I see how they improve. Also so 64 doesn't feel bad after them. I haven't played SS and only like 20 hours of Galaxy literally 13 years ago now lol. Mario ftmfw.

Havent' felt so hell yeah as I am when I get a star since rose says "jack you're amazing!" in MGS2 VR missions.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
farming star bits in smg2 by going to beat block galaxy, getting all the star bits and both 1up mushrooms up to the checkpoint and then plunging to my death to do it over again. it's completely legal too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

[Odyssey] DAE beeline for as many purple coins at possible to dress Mario up in the themed clothing of the current level?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I started Odyssey for the first time, it seems pretty cool. How do you all feel about the motion controls?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

[Odyssey] DAE beeline for as many purple coins at possible to dress Mario up in the themed clothing of the current level?

It's absolutely mandatory

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

This.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I started Odyssey for the first time, it seems pretty cool. How do you all feel about the motion controls?

usually you can press the x or y button instead of waggling for motion control actions, so i didnt mind

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

its completely optional afaik. like no moon requires them so i dont care about them, unlike the Galaxies

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

farming star bits in smg2 by going to beat block galaxy, getting all the star bits and both 1up mushrooms up to the checkpoint and then plunging to my death to do it over again. it's completely legal too.

Thank you for not using a star bits cheat like this forum's sole mod.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
unsure what i’m gonna do after finishing all-stars. extremely tempted to start a fresh odyssey save, replace my misplaced wiiu power cord for galaxy 2, and of course going back to snes all-stars also a contender. no matter what tho, the future is bright for intense mario gaming

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

unsure what i’m gonna do after finishing all-stars. extremely tempted to start a fresh odyssey save, replace my misplaced wiiu power cord for galaxy 2, and of course going back to snes all-stars also a contender. no matter what tho, the future is bright for intense mario gaming

I recommend playing another Mario game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the bowsers galaxy generator speedrun comet is making me reee.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

I recommend playing another Mario game.

doctor mario giving me the prescription for more mario

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

you don't need them except maybe once or twice, but motion contorls and waggling are purstrain aids aka covid-19

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You don’t need them I think but I always use the one where you throw the cap on a circle to collect coins, clear snow or kill enemies that are surrounding me.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
i beat world maybe once a year, it takes about 90 minutes average, no star road and using the chocolate secret.
the first hard stage is Wendy's castle.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i did it. what a journey. still such an incredible game. Thank you, Nintendo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if Bowser didn't know how many power stars there were, how does he know Mario's got them all

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if Bowser didn't know how many power stars there were, how does he know Mario's got them all

mario tells him

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmRZT8QwRi8

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011