Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im currently playing super mario galaxy 2 for the first time. got 30 something stars i think, which really isn't a lot when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Skylark posted:

Alright... Im not going to be toxic abt this.

Dont worry zoomers.. If you prefer playing this 3d platformer using 4-direction digital controls, just like on the DS, they made it support the D-pad for some reason. Who am I to tell you which is the better way to play. Sorry that the Mario characters' bodies won't creepily morph into one another too.

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
loving mario galaxy 2 for the most part but the fuckin bird sections are super bad and annoying. hope there's not more than 2 in the game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

There's 2 in the game.

cool. i mean the stars by themselves weren't too bad but getting the comet token thing was really pissing me off

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
omg in smg2 throwback galaxy!! loved it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
farming star bits in smg2 by going to beat block galaxy, getting all the star bits and both 1up mushrooms up to the checkpoint and then plunging to my death to do it over again. it's completely legal too.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I started Odyssey for the first time, it seems pretty cool. How do you all feel about the motion controls?

its completely optional afaik. like no moon requires them so i dont care about them, unlike the Galaxies

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the bowsers galaxy generator speedrun comet is making me reee.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whent ahead and bought 3D allstars cuz i know i'll want to play galaxy 1 with a sane control scheme somewhere down the line. upscaled sunshine will be cool too

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
still dont even have half the stars in galaxy 2 yet though, i believe (at something like 108). onward!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Is galaxy 2 on the switch? Your posting tricked me into thinking that it was in the 3d collection

no, my bad. I'm playing it on my Wii U, jank rear end motion controls and all.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
anyways im nearing the end of world S and I see a galaxy called Boss Blitz Galaxy :gonk:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

i was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a galaxy 1 boss rush. gotta do it again though cuz i didnt find the comet medal

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
just got 120 stars in SMG2. i really like this green star idea, assuming it's just a hidden green star somewhere among each of the regular stars' stages. looks like a lot of fun

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im very relieved to learn you're not supposed to race the ghost luigis

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gently caress WILD GLIDE GALAXY GREEN STAR 2!! I loving HATE MOTION CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Fluzzard ftmfw.

*my avatar drops her ice creams and shoots a machine gun at your avatar*

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
same thing.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

SO LONG, GAY BOWSER

noice.

still loving galaxy 2, up to 170 stars now. when I'm done with that I'm gonna start a new file on Odyssey and actually get everything this time. i love mario

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in 64? in each of the main 15 courses, yes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
rainbow ride is prolly my least favorite because youre riding for most of it. idk what my favorite would be though. tough one. tick tock clock has excellent platforming but thats basically all it is. wet dry world has really good atmosphere. tall tall mountain feels the biggest. not sure.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

I will say that I think the 3 Bowser levels are each better than any of the singular levels just from a design standpoint.

disagree. mario 64 is about exploration

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
aw man sunshine is so loving epic. idk i might go to sunshine after i finish galaxy 2 instead of odyssey....... like odyssey is better but. id ont know. we'll have to see.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hmm. coming up on the end of smg2, the comet for Grandmaster Galaxy isn't showing up....do i just need to grab stars i've already gotten at random until it decides to appear?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
drat how the eff was i supposed to know that

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the 242nd star is a real motherfucker

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
seriously about to flip out. getting fed up.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
phew that was a tough one. kept dying like an r-word on the flip panel part but clutched it out. now gonna start a fresh odyssey save cant wait!!!!!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
picking up some moons today after not playing at all this week. lake kingdom is so good. good water stage feels

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you can still do the double jump glitch in mario 35 ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
World. it has a better world

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
world has more levels, bigger levels, far better overworld not to mention the visual/sound upgrade. no contest

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Cubone posted:

super mario bros. 3 and super mario world are fundamentally the same game perfected under two opposite philosophies towards player experience: world wants you to explore and enjoy it, 3 wants you to get stronger and defeat it

3, like every mario game except loss levels, is easy as poo poo though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ghost house levels are cool wtf!!!!!!!!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the reverb sounds bad

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
athletic is good though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it's my favorite 3d mario

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i really like it, IMO it's third to 64 and Galaxy 2

its hard for me to rank what i consider to be the "mainline 3d marios" cuz 64, Sunshine and Odyssey are all kind of in their own collectathon genre separate from the Galaxies which is more obstacle course based. with that in mind Odyssey > Sunshine > 64

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im going to do all the exits in super mario world this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

thx. 3 hours in ive still got all of chocolate island, valley of bowser, star road and special world to go. big game. its been a really long time since ive played it.

stuff i didn't remember:

- silver p switches that give you silver coins that give you exponential points and then a 1up, 2up, etc.
- yoshi swallowing a weird colored berry and pooping out a cloud that gives you coins and then a 1up