Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

loving mario galaxy 2 for the most part but the fuckin bird sections are super bad and annoying. hope there's not more than 2 in the game

There's 2 in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

farming star bits in smg2 by going to beat block galaxy, getting all the star bits and both 1up mushrooms up to the checkpoint and then plunging to my death to do it over again. it's completely legal too.

Thank you for not using a star bits cheat like this forum's sole mod.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fluzzard ftmfw.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It should work because it acts like a regular usb controller for non smash games but they didn't like add back in trigger sensitivity or anything and also the face button layout is different for some reason (jump on A and B)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

I'm not enjoying the level design of sunshine and these 'carefully walk along this mess of narrow platforms' sections are one reason why

You have a hover nozzle bro

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bigger isn't always better.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think odyssey has bad controls if you use split joycon but they clearly only designed the controls around that, there's a bunch of cappy moves I think you straight up can't do without split joycon motion

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

really? I played through on a pro, the only move that was weird to do was the cappy spin since you had to do it like the n64 zelda quick spin. But the cappy spin is pointless so I didn't care much

I guess the moves I'm thinking of just feel more natural on split joycon like upward/downwards cap throw and homing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wario Land 4 is one of the best 2D platformers ever made OP

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Waluigi on the other hand...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wavedashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle