Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dire Dire Docks 100 coin is a real doozy. Good luck goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Get ready to use the patented eyes and ears method.

Step 1) Use your eyes.
Step 2) Use your ears.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

same thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:cheerdoge:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hugely controversial tier-list. You love to see it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's been a while since I've actually gotten all the stars in every level so I don't feel comfortable giving an actual tier list, but I will say that I think the 3 Bowser levels are each better than any of the singular levels just from a design standpoint. Also the amazing music doesn't hurt either.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tiny Huge is cool. Mario intentionally floods a dude's house and then beats the poo poo out of him when he complains about it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm mad that everyone is playing 64 and then Sunshine and immediately getting burnt out and skipping Galaxy which is the best 3D Mario of all time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

i got demoralized getting my rear end handed to me by the dark side rabbit gauntlet. i dont know why it was so hard for me but lol i know the shame
Same. I'm pretty sure I had to make the walk of shame all the way out of the arena back to the starting area to get the extra health like halfway through.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The FLUDDless sections of Sunshine own and they're basically prototype Galaxy levels anyway.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Odyssey is awesome and is probably the best "feeling" 3D Mario game to play (the jump > hat throw > dive > jump > hat throw > dive is god-tier) but I never found the levels particularly interesting or inventive. Lots of wide open empty spaces and disjointed sections. Galaxy is still the best to me simply because of how crazy they got with the level design.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's fun enough but it hurts my loving thumbs because it uses the garbage original physics and you gotta mash super hard just to jump over 3 feet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You need to have run speed which is impossible to get in tight spaces with the screen real estate.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

What's better Super Mario 3 or World?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
World isn't even the best Mario game on the SNES. Meanwhile, 3 is in the conversation for best video game ever made.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The like one awesome thing about Mario Odyssey is how it feels like a dream to control.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

im wondering why it would seem reasonable to corner yourself when being pursued by an enemy
Edges are scary and walls feel safe (although as revealed by this tweet, looks can be deceiving).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's sick. Crazy Zelda vibes from the Forest of Illusion one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's one level.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's just an Odyssey level but with cat poo poo instead of Cappy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It controls like a dream, but the world design feels kinda flat to me personally. I'd probably rank to between the Galaxies in terms of 3D Marios.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Took an accidental nap but I'm playing this now. I like the way Luigi says "cool" after picking up a star.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Meow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The loving mario kart level omg....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's just personal preference but playing this just further cements that I'm strongly in the SMB3 "short but wildly creative level design" camp when it comes to Mario gameplay. You can have your Odyssey giant open world collectathon garbage. This is the real Mario. That's why Galaxy 2 will always be the goat.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1361073314781749252?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The maps should be smaller. I don't need to look off in the distance and see level 2. Just let me pick level 2 from a list and then I'll go there automatically.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're always there.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1369668797242568709

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The animated movie is gonna suck or at the very least be super weird because there's no feasible way to have Chuck voice everybody. Wonder how they're gonna handle it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Actually it ruled. I was gonna 100% it a few years ago but apparently it has hidden levels that are basically impossible to find without knowing. Maybe I'll go back to it soon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know they're not really considered levels but I think the Bowser levels might be my favorite in the entire game. Just some straightforward challenging platforming with a clear destination and some minor exploration for the red coins, all topped off with a killer soundtrack.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The lava jumping stuff is literally the second part, lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I still largely hate the world designs but hell there's so many of those little Galaxyesque sub-areas that I can't really complain that much. I just want more of that for a sequel.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

mario party just got a big update today, now you can actually play the full game online lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1390378074009649152