Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who did it?
The butler
The weird guy you meet once
Professor James "Goku" Moriatry
View Results

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Elementary, you ignorant morons. You see, in my studies I’ve collected newspaper clippings that mention the railway tunnel over the canal that borders the estate, knowing it would make an opportune location to discard a weapon that was used on the train. It just so happens that last year a canal boat dredged up a lion-headed cane in that very spot. When I inquired about the cane, i was informed it was retrieved by a certain Mister Butts, the tabbaconist in town. It appears that Mister Butts, in his youth, had spent some time in India, where he encountered the victim’s brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the really funny thing is that despite all of this being true, doyle had a completely unwarranted reputation as a keen analytical mind. doyle was actually the most gullible motherfucker on the planet, and he constantly got taken in by really obvious frauds posing as spiritualists. he was far from the only one, as being a gullible motherfucker who believed anyone who knocked on a table and went "woooo, there's a ghost" was a huge fad in england at the time, but doyle kept doubling down on even the most thoroughly disproven hoaxes.

but doyle wrote mysteries, so that must mean he is just as capable as his fictional detective.

Doyle’s wife used to hold seances, one of which Harry Houdini famously attended and set him off on his mysticism debunking because it was obviously bullshit.