Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Like, just take embellishment out of the rule book if no one is ever going to think to call it. Save everyone some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CALL THAT OFF YOU STRIPED FUCKS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lindell hasn't played great, though thats just lovely luck

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah as soon as that puck didn't go in I knew TB was seconds from scoring. It's happened in pretty much every series. Stars fail and immediately get poo poo on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tyler Seguin is here

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bregor posted:

Did Seguin score with his junk

god i hope so

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It is absolutely insane how many brain dead moments the Dallas Stars are putting out there.

The margin for error is like......atomically thin. And they keep on just...sticking their own tires in the mud.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh wow they called embellishment

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Frankly it almost feels like a makeup for all the times they've ignored pretty blatant stick holding

Whatever, the Stars aren't exactly good at 4 on 4 either.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

loving whine about refs some more, Tampa Bay

What a horseshit game

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Playoff refs are an absolute blight on the sport

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Enjoy the loving gift, Tampa

Absolute garbage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

grack posted:

That was definitely a penalty on Benn

learn hockey

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheBizzness posted:

Iím not gonna feel bad about scoring on a makeup call after the 3 they missed in Dallas favor, sorry.

Sorry you didn't catch all the poo poo in the first period committed by Tampa, then

Love that they called embellishment on the one loving moment it actually wasn't

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darius099 posted:

Not a Buffalo fan, no healing necessary. Just still don't agree with the call as a third party observer, lol.

Cool, get over it, that was 4 presidents ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hopping in to say "a conversation with Pat Maroon" got a chuckle out of me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

In a vacuum you can't really be upset with this season as a Stars fan. I still don't know how they got this far.

But outside the vacuum in the realm of emotional investment this is still an absolute garbage series and yet another season where I'm reminded that the playoffs are a competition between two teams and referees that change the rules every 5 minutes. Consistency is a myth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

Do you ever make a post that isnít bitching about the refs

Angel Hernandez, is that you?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

deadwing posted:

the stars are like 1/15 for turning power plays into goals this series, you've gotta do some introspection at some point and realize that yeah there's been lovely calls, but they've been on both sides, the stars have just sucked rear end at capitalizing on their opportunities

I am 100% aware of that. Going into this series the Stars were outclassed in just about every category, it's not like I don't realize that. But it's garbage to have two teams trying to play a game as a man in stripes flips a coin on whether or not he's going to call something the same way he did during the regular season. Consistency is all I want. Every single season people bring up "playoff refs," it's acknowledged by everyone who follows hockey, and........? It does not make the sport more enjoyable to know that while your team sucked poo poo the officials also had a brain aneurysm and can't remember what rules are.

EDIT: Hell, example on the other end. Last night everyone pointed out the ridiculous embellishment call in the 3rd. It was a horseshit call. Best I could figure out it was either some insane makeup call for crap earlier in the game or the ref reflexively called something but then realized it'd gently caress up the game and threw a second penalty in there. That's...insane. Absolutely insane.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Iím not expecting the stars to win this series but I still want a game 7

If at least to cost the NHL more money,

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hell/Me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MoaM posted:

Enjoy the last series of the Season imo

Overall the game has been fine. Way better than yesterday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jet Jaguar posted:

Wait are they gonna blow the whistle? Had a player just laying dead on the ice there a sec ago

This came up last season; they wait for a change of possession or just shrug and ignore it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A giveaway so dumb it startled and befuddled the Bolt it went to

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

How is that icing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

They get paid to be this bad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I've said my piece on it, I've nothing further to add.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah I hate how much of the narrative becomes ďthe stars took bad penaltiesĒ when so much poo poo is uncalled

If they just called it straight teams would have to play right or combat the severe punishment of disadvantage. But instead we get this inconsistent bs

I mean, they did take some awful fuckin penalties in game 2. They lost the game in the first period on penalties alone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels like that could be challenged for offside, but wow I'm surprised they got it in

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wow

Onside. Genuinely shocked.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

There are a few ways tonight could really destroy me

And a repeat of Game 2 with idiotic blatant penalties is definitely one of em

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spelling Mitsake posted:

The ice looks like poo poo too. Not gonna miss that

As impossible as it would have been to do logistically, I wish the finals could have been in a 3rd spot. The ice here has got to be a goddamn mess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ah......gently caress Corey Perry, I see.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hey everybody, Coach Shinjobi here.

Now normally I'd say you should not commit penalties against Tampa Bay. It normally is not a smart thing to do.

But you should definitely not do it right after you intentionally destroyed one of their players with no call. That's....not wise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

vyst posted:

Big props to the Dallas player that whiffed on the over pursuit in the Tampa Bay zone to make that a 5v3

The Stars have been outworked on the stick throughout the series. Seguin is probably the one with the best hands but yikes the Lightning can react faster than just about everyone else on the ice.

It does not make things easier.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

deadwing posted:

now that's what I call embellishment

Nothing will top a Lightning player having their testicles crushed and crying like it hurt or something

I mean get real folks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eh, I think all things considered we're doing fine. Shot stat looks awful, but what else is new. It's really those penalties were not particularly good ideas.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I want the people on the ice to boo

Cameramen, players, etc

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The spine has been snapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi