Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
That little keystone cops hockey behind the Stars net really broke me

4 stars can’t get the puck from one guy, they can’t even figure out where the puck is :psyduck:

Hard to root for you guys right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

Oh... so the refs WILL call penalties. Just not for the Lightning. Interesting...

:hmmyes:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Like a rusty skate boot to the testicles

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Darius099 posted:

I don't think it was that bad, especially in light of bad reffing the other way. Also it's difficult to stomach Dallas complaining about another team being gifted a goal in the SCF considering they were gifted the goal of all goals in '99, lol

Except for the crease rule the NHL came to the Buffalo locker room to explain why the goal was legit? You need to heal, it was two decades ago

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

quote:

Although the Sabres protested later, the league stated that the goal had been reviewed and was judged as a good goal, since Hull had maintained possession of the puck as it exited the crease just before he shot it.

Very logical to be mad at Dallas for twenty years for something the league decided and reviewed.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah I hate to say it but I am resigned to losing :smith:

They aren’t looking good so far in OT

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 27, 2020

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

MoaM posted:

Dobby looks unsettled man

Next puck that goes past him... :ohdear:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I am getting real tired of “... AND IT WOULDN’T GO!”

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Can’t have two ot games robbed by penalties

And loving the icing? lol loving a

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Go suck a butt NHL

The officiating in the last 48 hours has been a joke. This is the finals

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It's infuriating every year. I simply don't get why the standards are different. "Let'm play" simply means "Let'm cheat" and eventually they'll call something where there's been multiple worse events earlier.
They keep saying that "Referes don't want to influence the game", but they are, simply by not making calls they would normally make...and when they then screw up the few calls they do make, well...

Yeah I hate how much of the narrative becomes “the stars took bad penalties” when so much poo poo is uncalled

If they just called it straight teams would have to play right or combat the severe punishment of disadvantage. But instead we get this inconsistent bs

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I mean, they did take some awful fuckin penalties in game 2. They lost the game in the first period on penalties alone.

Penalties have been a problem all season, and teams play dirtier in the playoffs with higher stakes and facing the same guys, etc. But the calling goes down.

Players are going to play like this until you start loving enforcing the rules evenly :/

I think they SHOULD call in overtime. Yeah guys are tired and going to make mistakes but the sudden death period is where mistakes are supposed to really hurt. I don’t see a problem, and if refs think the current approach is more neutral then why is everyone on the broadcast team questioning them actively :lol:

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 27, 2020

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Okay shots on goal are actually happening this OT :classiclol:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Oh good lord it continues

My heart can’t hang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

marioinblack posted:

God drat, I can't believe how happy I am.

Dallas you have a hell of a team despite how much I dislike Corey Perry, you also have the best goal song in hockey, and you wear the best shade of green.

Time to drink heavily

I appreciate you. In the end I think we made it so much further than we should have, with a lot of unlikely heroes. It hurts now but it’s a much better result than I expected a year ago, so I just need to get over it.

GG bolts, at least we made you work for it!