Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the quality of food has gone severely down during the quarantine
nearly every ingredient is now substituted, even in packaged foods
you will likely not eat as well as you did in 2019 for at least a decade, perhaps ever again

as a consequence the act of food consumption has become greedy in of itself
food is not needed more than once every few days yet we still insist on maintaining the energy consumption of "the past", aka that we require 3 meals a day for purposes of commuting and travel

this is not the reality we live in any more

if it weren't for the service economy propping banks up with liquidity it seems likely we would indeed be transitioning to jetsons pill food anytime in the next year or two

long story short: i agree with you, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Internetjack posted:

Care to elaborate on the "once every few days"? That makes no sense to me.

Sure, I can get by with a light breakfast and then one solid meal in the evening; but if I was to go a day or two without food I would be in a foul temper, low blood sugar making me clumsy etc.
Is the one meal every 3 days some gorging feast of 6000 calories or something?

i mean im no scientist but it sounds to me like you might agree with me + op
you dont need food in those moments so much as you need energy / not to feel badly