Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've been cheated on to an absurd degree and in such extreme and insulting ways that any time I have described my experiences online people assume I am either an incel writing woman hate bait or a cuck fetishist writing out their fantasies, rather than my equally pathetic but more truthful brand of broken internet person. As for cheating myself, I barely have the time or energy for even one relationship let alone trying to pull off multiple, and also as the getting cheated on to the extreme part would suggest am too much of a loser to even be presented with—let alone succumb to—such temptations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

The funny thing is that in the end no one really cares and when you're on your deathbed the only thing anyone regrets is not loving more and it doesn't matter anyways

The perpetrator might feel no lasting or significant guilt and suffer zero consequences beyond being hated by that one particular ex, but for the victim there could be psychological damage with far reaching, even lifelong consequences. For instance: lets say they got really badly burned, like fiancee running off with best friend grade cucking, such that they are too bitter to even try to date for a couple of years. That in itself could cause significant mental health issues. Or maybe the few years completely out of the game is followed by a further few years of being dysfunctionally suspicious and unable to maintain a relationship. Well being without a relationship for a near decade in your twenties or thirties is enough to drastically reduce your chances of ever having children, or of owning a home where dual incomes are necessary. Being without such things in the wake of all their peers obtaining them could easily cause severe self-esteem issues, bitterness and finally alienation from a social circle they can no longer relate to. So by the time they reach that death bed reflection point and are looking back on all the things they didn't do or achieve they might consider all their other regrets to be consequences of and subordinate to the regret of ever having entered into that one doomed relationship. Then if the death bed reflection inspires enough anger upon dying they might leave behind a ju-on grudge style curse that kills any who encounter it and spreads to the location of their death, such that a potentially infinite number of innocent lives are lost as a consequence of the cheater's actions: proving definitively that you are wrong and it does matter.