Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Theoretically yeah, but every run I've done was mostly chasing each other around screaming/running away - to be fair, it does kinda rely on people being good sports about it and not just spawncamping one spot. The vision handicap helps a lot (I think it's 0.5x we had it on) because you can sneak past the imposter as long as they're not too close. I wouldn't play it in pubs who weren't in for the fun of humming the jaws theme, shouting marco/polo and offering each other as bait sacrifices, but if you're playing with friendly people it's just a good way to play and it really helps with the 'newbie doesn't know how to play and is immediately called out by people who know the map back to front and every task' stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midgetskydiver
Apr 27, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fair enough - I think I'll propose it to my regular group and see how it goes. Sounds like great story fodder if nothing else haha

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

It's definitely a fun low-pressure way to introduce the game to new players who haven't played before, because they don't have to really know the maps or keep track of everyone or any of the heavy duty tactics, no one accuses them, they just have to kill/task and run. I started a new static today for playing it and the newbies were at a huge disadvantage (because experienced players can be like oh key swipe, oh they were at x which is only entered by y, etc) but once we swapped to benny hill hide and seek mode? Way more equal playing field and everyone chattering and we ended up playing two hours of stupid murder tag. I think we had something like:

1 imposter, 7-8 crew.
0.5x imposter vision, 1.0x crewmate vision (lets crewmates sneak past imposters/lose them when running)
1.0x imposter, 1.25x crewmate speed
10 second kill cooldown
no meetings, no reporting, no loss conditions sabotages only (so lights and doors)
imposter gives everyone a 10 second headstart

Which worked well and we had a pretty even win/loss ratio on all the maps with a mix of experienced and new players. I know other groups mess around with the types of tasks instead of the speed to give crew a chance, that can also work.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

This is brilliant.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

They should make that a option in pub

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Found two interesting potential bugs. On the swipe, if you swipe back and forwards three times quickly you’ll get a green. But more interestingly, on the alignment task if you align and then triple click it will complete the other half of the task too.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot hoot hoot hoot hoothoothoothoothoothoothoot hoooohootohtothotootothtoto, hoot

New server for goons and goon-adjacent folks: https://discord.gg/vsQdpDP

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade

I'm setting up a private Discord channel for me and my buds. Most of the settings seem pretty straightforward, but is there anything not obvious I should be doing to make sure things run smooth when we try to have our game night later this week?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Red Oktober posted:

Found two interesting potential bugs. On the swipe, if you swipe back and forwards three times quickly you’ll get a green. But more interestingly, on the alignment task if you align and then triple click it will complete the other half of the task too.

The engine alignment? You mean triple tap on the screen (mobile)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Outrail posted:

The engine alignment? You mean triple tap on the screen (mobile)?

I don't know about mobile, but on PC if you triple click when you're aligning the first engine it'll complete both parts.