Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Kazy posted:

I really wish they'd do something about hackers. The ability for them to disrupt a game completely sucks.

i've only had one. i don't really know what they did, but game was over in about three seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

That's crazy to me. The most fun part of the game is getting in a side conversation with your dead friends and laughing as the alive people flail and die.

being a ghost in a friends game rules. just smash out the task and then watch the mayhem. in a pub game, the ghosts just immediately leave

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Reveilled posted:

I don't have direct experience since I play with a fixed group, but I heard about a person who writes down the names of anyone who leaves within a few minutes of starting, and if they stay in for later games will vote them off on the basis that they didn't quit like they usually do, so must be impostors.

lol

I just played a public game where there was a body found, and one player said it was blue. Didn't say where the body was or anything like that. Everyone just said ok and voted him out. when I protested and said maybe we should talk about it, they accused me of defending blue and i got voted out immediately after when a meeting was called. pub sucks gang.

I did one game with some peeps from the About Us discord, which was a better game, but I'm an old man and just find voice chat with strangers annoying.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

the new halloween skinning of the levels is pretty cool.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

watched some of the AOC stream, it was good. McElroy's were streaming at the same time.

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1316742373120987136?s=20

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

just played a pub game where someone called a meeting and then everyone instantly voted me out, at the exact same second. the chat opened and every single person but me instantly voted me.

Was that someone hacking?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Have the developers announced what features they'll be bringing to the game?

there's been a public beta running for a few weeks which includes anonymous voting, options to change when the progress bar updates (for example maybe you want it to update only after meetings), and shapes on the wires task for colour blind people. I think that's it for now though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Outrail posted:

Friends lists! Jfc friends lists!

I'd like an option to hit 'friend' on people's names, and if they friend me back it shows how many friends are in a random game.

this would be great. I've played three games today, and in all of them someone just shouted "IT'S PINK, VOTE PINK" straight away and everyone just votes. No chat at all.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

just had a game where one player hacked another players chat and was submitting text for him? So brown was accusing cyan and himself at the same time?

Brown: It was cyan i saw him do it
Brown: It was me I killed and self reported
Brown: Wtf
Brown: Who's hacking my text?
Brown: Vote me out I killed him
Brown: Vote me out I killed him
Brown: Cyan how are you doing that?

was pretty weird

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i just got killed during an emergency meeting, and i could see the guy wandering around at the edges of the screen while people were talking

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I didn't think people on the beta could match with people outside it. That's weird.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

why are they shouting so loud

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I think there's a slightly longer version of that where they do hit the button.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I just installed it and am completely unable to join any games because the server is rammed full

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Managed to squeeze into a game of zombies. It was alright.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

just played a game of 'crazy colors' which was loving stupid and genuinely no-one could tell me the rules.

Everyone just changed color every couple seconds and the kill cooldown was 1sec, so the imposter slaughtered everyone. You don't know who did it because of the colour changes and they won in less than a minute. Back in the lobby everyone just said gg and played again. When I asked the rules I was told 'just do tasks'

Maybe I was missing something.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 17, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Outrail posted:

So it's last man standing?

well the last man is gonna be the imposter, because it's impossible to vote them out due to the shifting colours, and they had no kill countdown. The crew members were just lambs to be slaughtered

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Jiru posted:

So that's what I saw yesterday... I play without mods but joined a Polus lobby where we kept flashing colors every few seconds. Nobody else knew what was going on either, because someone called up a reunion and they votekicked the host for "hacks". The flashing stopped after that.

About the mod, it seems to me that it's meant to be played one of two ways: either on a "can't win by voting, only by tasks" mode or "you are going to die anyway so let's see who can kill the whole lobby the fastest". 1 sec cooldown is dumb for the former mode tho, but that may be that the player setting the rules had no idea either.

Oh that's weird. The mods I'm talking about are confined to a third party server, so everyone knows what's happening. It even tells you when you start the game that you're playing a variation. Your guy was definitely hacking if it stopped once they left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Coolio, thanks for the responses all.

Another question, how are you actually supposed to use venting as an imposter? I have rarely ever found it to be useful.

You can lock people in, for example, the security room, then vent in and do the dirty and vent back out again.