Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Valt posted:

So I went ahead and took the valve cover off to see if a valve stem seal came off or something. Sure enough the exhaust valve, valve guide seal had come off. I double checked the parts fiche on bike bandit and the valve guide seals are the same for all years and k and f models. Maybe these are not great seals or something? But they never seemed like they fit properly. I'm going to pull the spring off and reseat that seal and hopefully get it up and running again.

Not sure if this will help or not but this is a youtuber I watch who does a lot of work with Honda engines and he posted a video dealing with valve seals a few months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWBpVJFEaFo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Are you going to mount a seat with springs? Seems appropriate for a hardtail like this

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think the guy from Classic Octane on youtube was at that handbuilt show

mewse
May 2, 2006

Valt posted:

Oh yeah did he have a bike in the show or was he just there?

I think he entered a bike - your photo of the black honda with flat seat looks like his work. He's just restarting his channel after (my impression) working a normie day job for a year or two