Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

corgski posted:

Soon it will not be October 25th anywhere in the world, and that means that soon registration is closed!

mediaphage and fuzzy_logic I still need you to verify your participation by posting your wants/needs/grand desires in this thread!

Sorry friend! I am pretty open! Whether it’s something you made or something you think I should do. Preferably no food, but only because it’s hard enough sticking to an eating plan, haha. I can appreciate just about anything. I mostly lurk this forum as there is a lot of talent and hard work going on....

I would appreciate a letter talking about your pick, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Recipient is responsible for all applicable Import duties.

I could definitely use a sawdust sweeper. or at this age, maybe just a sawdust eater.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

immoral_ posted:

That's pretty drat cool, and your "light box" setup is very effective.

Now don't mind me while I sulk in the corner because the gift I just sent out was no where near that cool.

Please don’t, whoever gets your gift will be happy. Comparison is the thief of joy.

Agree on the light box. If you ever want a black or similar reflective surface, you can also get a polished stone tile from home despot; they work great.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

immoral_ posted:

Oh, no, while I wish I'd done a better job on my gift, I'm not really comparing myself to someone with some actual talent.

I was just making a joke.

Lol just stop negging yourself tho!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sehkmet posted:

I've been gifted!!!

afewbricksshy, I have no idea how you did it, but this is absolutely stunning and I love it! Thank you so much - you're incredibly talented.

that's a lot of finicky cuts. good job afewbricksshy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but whoever has me don't feel rushed to get it out the door by the deadline. I'm not going anywhere and I don't care one bit if its late :v:

same

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

is that suppose to be an end grain butcherblock floor?....is that a thing?

i like it. wonder if scratches will “heal” themselves over time.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

there wolf posted:

It's a thing. Apparently it was used a lot in industrial buildings because they're easy on the feet.

that's awesome.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Used to be used for street paving too, but I think the right way to do it is with 3" long chunks that are laid in grout/mortar, not glue tiny slices to plywood and to make your own 'engineered' flooring and hope they don't move around too much.

Makes some neat coasters though!

you're probably right but most residential flooring is never going to be subjected to the kind of use that a street or factory floor would

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i got a package today too! i assume it’s from this thread, because i can’t imagine it coming from elsewhere.

model planes and a paint set! thanks mysterious australian friend (i assume you don’t want your real name broadcast lol)!!
these are cool and i’ve never done anything like this so if anyone has tips, i’m open. should be a good january activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

oh yay! cp has been so slow lately, it’s been about a month!

sorry to see the tile was broken, but i do like the idea of using the pieces. if you’d ever like anything else done on wood or tiles like that please let me know and i’d be happy to send it out!

i hope you like the caramels; they’re something of a specialty of mine.