Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm so in.

My main hobby is quilting and I tend to like geometric or large scale floral patterns. I also do a lot of hand embroidery and am currently interested in using seed beads, sequins, and threads other than cotton embroidery floss. Sometimes I knit socks. Something I could hang on the wall would be cool.

Expect to receive some handmade masks, an embroidery hoop, and maybe a tiny quilt(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I received a package from Canada! It contained an "Apocalypse Chess" set, a mallet, a magic wand (?), and some Canadian candies.

There's also a box to store the chess pieces and the chessboard is the lid. Sadly, the mallet does not seem to be part of the game, but I am absolutely taking this to my next game night, whenever that is. (do we have some kind of sad covid emote?)

There didn't seem to be a card, or if there was I must have missed it, so I'm kind of assuming that this is a DIYSASS gift. I have no idea where else it would have come from.

Thank you, Canadian woodworking goon!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

:ninja:
Oh sorry I thought it was supposed to be a secret! I put my name on the instruction manual for the game. Glad you like it! If you are curious I posted about how I made it. All of it is recycled wood:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=509511881#post509511881

Oh, very cool! Thank you so much!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

I just didnt say there was any food in my box. lol owned customs

I don't think customs cares too much about a fun size Coffee Crisp.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I didn't get my Santee's name, so someone is getting a box addressed to Jeffrey Yospos.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

AFewBricksShy posted:

I just did mine to S. Ehkmet.

I couldn't figure out a way to make my Santee's username seem plausibly like a real name (I don't know what this was so important to me, but it was). Pastry of the Year bought some masks from my SA Mart thread earlier this year and I ended up sending them to "S.A. Pastry".

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Shame Boy posted:

My wife was the one who picked it up from the mail and was like "Uhh... I assume this is for you right... it's got The Hacker Forum Word on it"

Thanks! It arrived a day or so ago but I wanted to get some good pictures of it before postin'.

I got:

1. This charming sparkly fabric oscilloscope

Glad you enjoyed! I certainly had fun putting it all together. It sort of started with the white and gold knoblike button and went from there.

The sine wave is made with retroreflective thread, so if the light hits it from the right angle, it lights up (phone flashlight works very well for this).

The radio bits all came out of a decaying cabinet radio that I hauled off the curb and scavenged for parts. I did some research and I think it was originally from 1927? Anyway, I have the rest of the guts in my basement if you're interested and want to pay $$$ for shipping since it's stupidly heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I came across that hammock kitty somewhere else recently... I think it might be one of the gifs in Microsoft Teams chat?