Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Signed up, I also have.

I post in and read the hobby kit modeling thread, where I like to start (but not finish :negative:) 1/48 warplanes, 1/35 tanks, 1/350 warships, and the occasional Gundam, and I'm just about to get into 3D printing with a Creality CR-6SE in a shipping crate somewhere between China and Australia. I'd also like to get into metal working/knife making and back into astronomy, but lack for all of time, space, and equipment.

I'd be happy to receive anything for me to make/read/learn, or anything you've made for me from your hobby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

corgski posted:

The most popular answer to "Do you have insulated stairs in your house?" is "No" with four responses. The second most popular answer was "Yes" with two responses. You poor insulated souls. There were also a lot of variations on "I am protected," but no two were the same.

I don't have any stairs in my house at all!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Due to early setbacks I'm not going to get my thing made on time either, but if all goes well on the weekend I'll be able to drop it in the mail on Tuesday, and mean time I'll order something local to my Santee that will arrive before Xmas that they can make themselves while waiting

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

mediaphage posted:

i got a package today too! i assume itís from this thread, because i canít imagine it coming from elsewhere.

model planes and a paint set! thanks mysterious australian friend (i assume you donít want your real name broadcast lol)!!
these are cool and iíve never done anything like this so if anyone has tips, iím open. should be a good january activity.

No worries mate!

We have a Scale modeling thread here, and Scalemates is the encyclopedia.

Also here's some painting inspiration for the Albatros (and why I picked it)

The only parts that aren't original are the repairs to the undercarriage made by the Royal Flying Corps in 1918 (it made a rough landing rather than crashed, the pilot survived). The collection at AWM is truly astonishing.

There's another package coming... at some point.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 15, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rutibex posted:

Oh I absolutely love it you made the right call. I mean everything has labor contributed in it from tons of anonymous sources, I just happen to be lucky enough to know two of them for this hammer :D

The new hammer heads will not go to waste, I'm going to make a wooden mallet to screw them into. That way I can have two hammers :twisted:

Two hammers means double the carnage :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A package arrived today

Just taking a moment to appreciate a good bit of best brown paper tied with twine, I don't see it enough anymore

Thanks Santa :aaaaa: I like to read the knife making thread because it's all really cool, but I don't have the time, money, or space to get into forging. This is a super cool alternative! Thanks again!