Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Nice. I've got a decent cutting board in progress from scraps so I guess someone can have that, I had no idea what to do with it 😁 alternatively I may throw a knife someone's way given its a new hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I just realised I hadnt posted but I'm happy to get anything tbh.

My Santee's present is out getting some finishing stuff that I specifically am not set up to do yet, so should be shipping next weekend once it's all finished

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

A package arrived today

Just taking a moment to appreciate a good bit of best brown paper tied with twine, I don't see it enough anymore

Thanks Santa I like to read the knife making thread because it's all really cool, but I don't have the time, money, or space to get into forging. This is a super cool alternative! Thanks again!

You're welcome! I had planned on sending a kiridashi/scalpel that I'd made with my knife making gear but the heat treatment guy hosed up and I didn't get it back before leaving for a 3 week holiday. I'm absolutely going to send it when it's ready though! It just needs a handle and a final grind and sharpen

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

A package arrived today

Just taking a moment to appreciate a good bit of best brown paper tied with twine, I don't see it enough anymore

Thanks Santa I like to read the knife making thread because it's all really cool, but I don't have the time, money, or space to get into forging. This is a super cool alternative! Thanks again!

Also big props to Bjorn at creative man for posting this on Christmas Eve! Hopefully my package made it into my letterbox at my flat or one of the other people left it on my doorstep, because I've been away for 3 weeks so Santee don't stress if it comes back, just PM me and I'll give you the address for my partner and my new house

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Thanks to my secret Santa for the garden stuff! My partner and I are super excited to get some beds in and start growing food crops in our block

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

RickRogers posted:

Oh you are so welcome! I forgot a note, but yeah, I hoped it would inspire!

The mushroom is my first attempt at wood lathing and thought it might go nicely somewhere.
Would have sent seeds as well.....but thought better not risk destroying the ecosystem and annoying customs!

I like the mushroom! I'm going to put it somewhere in the garden I think. I'm glad you didn't send seeds, I ordered some from the USA last year and customs pinged them and sent them back. It was corn and broccoli heirlooms

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

You could absolutely sell them through a storefront imvho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Hey NTRabbit to put an idea on how late the heat treatment guy was, I got these back Monday, almost 2 full months after I'd asked for them to be done

I gave it a quick scuff with some sandpaper to clean off the oxide layer from heat treatment. I think I'm going to give this to my intern at work when he finishes up in June as a little thank you present