Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hurray, this is still on!

Primary hobbies that fit into a box are quilting and embroidery.

I'd also like something made rather than bought. Ideally something I can hang on the wall or set on my plant self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I know it's more hassle and cost, but what about two packages? Non-food in one, and undeclared food in another? That way even if they catch the snacks, something will still show up.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

JEEVES420 posted:

is that suppose to be an end grain butcherblock floor?....is that a thing?

It's a thing. Apparently it was used a lot in industrial buildings because they're easy on the feet.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

It's on my list of things I will do if I ever build a house instead of buying one. I'm already set on <1000sqft so expensive, longlasting features like that are going everywhere.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The first part of my Concealed Cernnunos has arrived!

My army grows stronger. Legit, excited about the protractor on the long one. Usually you only get 45oand 60o and I want more variety in my triangles!

Thank you, Jaded and I'm looking forward to the other half in the new year, kinder egg or not.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mine's also stuck in transit, and since it's all Christmas stuff so I'm going to be crossing my fingers for a last minute save.

A reminder that on top of the pandemic increasing demand, DeJoy's total loving of the USPS in order to disrupt mail-in voting is still paying dividends. The USPS is genuinely a good and valuable public service that conservatives have been trying to murder for years. Don't let them take it from us.

peanut posted:

I'll happily take on any extra Santees! Squid jerky for everyone.

-Hides lovely rulers under pillow-

I too am giftless. Send mochi please.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bingo Bango posted:

A delightful package from there wolf arrived for me today!

Finally! My mom also got some puzzles I'd shipped for her today, so I guess 01/02 was the day for USPS clearing the last of the Christmas rush. My goal was to not buy anything for this, including the packaging, the only exceptions being the candy canes. (which came in the flimsiest box imaginable requiring more elaborate plans to try and keep them from all breaking in transit.)

I don't have pictures of the Christmas making process, but the ornament is felt and embroidery thread with a wire frame to keep it stiff and balance the weight of the candy cane. If someone wants one of their own, or wants to know how to make felt ornaments like that in general, I'll make another and do a tutorial out of it.

And I'm flattered that you're going to use one of my little bags for dice.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I'm expecting a machine that does dishes, taxes, and chases Jehovah's Witness from my property. Anything less will be a disappointment.

No pressure, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jaded Burnout posted:

`there wolf`, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call time on your hand-made gift. There's now been enough failures in key parts that I'd have to start over, and I don't have the time or material. The quilting rulers will have to be the main gift, I hope you get good use out of them!

Well the rules have been quite useful so far, so no hard feelings. I can sympathize with a project just crapping out on you at every turn since Ive been working on a quilt for my cousin for the last 2 months, an loving up pretty much every step of the way resulting in redos upon redos. If someone every asks me how I spent the first part of 2021, I'm just going to say in a sunk-cost fallacy.