Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Howdy, secret santa thread!

My primary hobby these days is electronics, and vintage Russian/Soviet electronics doubly so. I've just finally renewed my ham license after years of being out of that hobby so radio-related things are also cool. I'm also strangely drawn to the original 9-inch black-and-white Macs (I've been slowly putting together a game project for them).

If you're doing something creative, though, feel free to ignore my interests entirely and send something unique and DIY. I love craftsmanship in all its forms and would rather have an example of that than something that aligns better with my interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Impressive, even.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
This awesome helping hands with integrated magnifier and telescoping magnet wand arrived last week!

Both super practical, useful tools. I've already used the magnet wand twice because I've been soldering boards with through-hole parts, and when I trim the excess bits off of their pins they sometimes like to go flying across the room.

Thanks, shrimpwhiskers!

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Stack Machine posted:

Thanks, shrimpwhiskers!

Edit (finally got this old thing to boot up):

https://i.imgur.com/ZMdlAuf.mp4

Turns out the coolest piece hadn't even arrived yet when I posted yesterday; this lovely cross-stitched placard:

I'll put it on the wall by my ham radio gear when I finally set up my ham radio gear.

Stack Machine fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 23, 2020