Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beekeeper just signed up. I have wonderful honey to share, as well as some selfmade gingerbread (of course made with our honey) and some other beekeeping related products.

I'm happy about everything that was made with love and passion, and love to be surprised

e: reading the post below mine, I assume it's important: the stuff I'll send will be in a what I'd call medium sized amazon package

tuo fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

YES! Already started work for the gifts! Even will do something I never did before, so godspeed to the soul that receives this

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

everything prepared, and then UPS tells you you need a clearance from the local health department (which is basically impossible to get for non-business stuff, and especially not during corona) to send food to where my package should have gone...

I'm so loving sad at the moment

Need to think fast what to do now...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I just didnt say there was any food in my box. lol owned customs

I tried something similar couple years back with Australia. Never arrived. Thus I wanted to declare everything as I was told.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

there wolf posted:

I know it's more hassle and cost, but what about two packages? Non-food in one, and undeclared food in another? That way even if they catch the snacks, something will still show up.

Might work, but the base cost for one package already is in the three digits at least so that it arrives before xmas...I'll talk to the parcel service (UPS) tomorrow...they are only open for couple of hours at the moment due to corona, and there was quite the line today. I'll figure something out, just don't know what yet...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that is absolutely beautiful

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Really really glad you like it After the dissapointment about not beeing allowed to ship food, I nearly got a second heart attack when even the new package was held in customs for a week with the info "needs approval for import from an agency that is not customs" and I thought "oh noooo, maybe they also don't allow beeswax to be imported" and I checked that tracking number three times a day and the status didn't change. Sooo glad it arrived, is in good shape, and you like it!

Have a nice holiday!

e: out of interest, what does the red label they put on the box say? "hazardous materials inside"?

ee: rest assured my father gobbled up those cookies like the cookie monster

tuo fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 30, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That's great! As I wrote in the overly long text I added, once you smell an open beehive - with freshly formed wax, propolis, open honey cells and all the stuff the bees emit via pheromones - you're hooked...it's such an awesome experience...but pure beeswax comes close, and I am really glad that you like it!

Also something I forgot in the text: if you light the candles (they also smell very nice when burning) it could be you need to light them twice. Could be I put one or two in there from our very first run, where I didn't put wax on the wick. They tend to go out quickly, because the wick needs to "draw" some wax from the candle before it really starts to burn, so just light them a couple of times, it'll work at some point. Stuff you learn when creating your first candles (I dip the wick into wax ever since, so they startup without a problem)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I got a package! And it's so absolutely lovely, thank you peanut!!!

Apart from now beeing some kind of millionaire apparently, I got an absolutely awesome christmas tree ornament, and a new years door decoration. I googled a bit, is it a Shimekazari (welcomes gods of good fortune, drives out all the bad stuff)?

But there also is a huge stack of origami paper (the picture doesn't show how beautiful glittery-gold they are). I'll try myself on my first crane next week at christmas and will post the results here (if my fingers aren't tied into a knot).

Also a lovely handwritten card!

Thank you, peanut! Well setup our christmas tree this sunday, and the ornament will get a special spot!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Huh? Did I do something wrong? I'm confused...

(did I doxx my santee? I can't read kanji....)

e: I'm currently working through some crane folding instructions and I fear my fingers fall off...

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 18, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oh my god, now I kinda feel like an idiot :/

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Didn't Carbohydrate send that little lego drill?

e: ninja'd

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peanut posted:

I'll happily take on any extra Santees! Squid jerky for everyone.

I honestly couldn't understand how I lived my life until a couple weeks ago when I made my first okonomiyaki and had the first taste of katsuobushi topping. I know it's not squid but some kind of tuna, but still.

Then again my reaction to eating my first surstrŲmming was "not bad...actually kinda good" while everyone else already left the building due to the smell, so I might be weird.

Oh, also, peanut: I'll try my first origami crane today, wish me luck

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I put that sauce on so much stuff now...it's awesome.

Also...I'm really sorry kinda made a harpy crossed with a krogan...

e: I'm really open for fish stuff. Found a non-contact source/online-order for freezed pulpo and will try to make some Takoyaki soon...

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 24, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

Okay I'm just gonna come out and ask cuz it's been like 10+ days since it showed as delivered: Tuo, did you get my box?

Nope, did not get anything.

I'll ask around in the neighbourhood, but usually in the off-case that a new driver hands them off there (all the regular drivers know where to place the parcels if I'm not at home), they call or bring them by.

e: the package went back to Frankfurt, I assume for flight back? I have contacted DHL service (with the tracking number provided via PM) and they are trying to get hold of it for another delivery attempt, but currently can't tell if it'll work, as it arrived at February 3th and depending on flights departing it might have been loaded or not (if it was marked for return and not for destruction). Hopefully they can get hold of it.

ee: no dice, package is currently enjoying a nice flight back to it's origin

tuo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 5, 2021

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Holy poo poo that thing is rad as hell and I would have loved that!!! If it by any chance makes it back to you, PM me, I'll pay for another try of delivery! I'll prepare the parcel service this time, as it's basically them who hosed up (sat at their office for two weeks with no notification at my place, and since I didn't knew something was coming, I didn't check there).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That whole thing rocks!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I can't find my loving microSD-Adapter! I already programmed the thank you, it's right there....I just need to get hold of a microSD-Adapter to put it on the honeylight!!! I'm on it, I swear!

PS: the honeylight is totally awesome! Stay tuned!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finally got my hands on a MicroSD adapter, and I know I'm not the most creative person on the planet, but still, the message stands: Shameboy rocks!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRilp8Mlhs

Sitting on our honey creamer, and overall attracting customers to our little honey shop!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's shining the honey light into the world since couple days now without a problem! One customer already asked about it