Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I made it into the OP so I gotta sign up now.

I'm into woodworking, home reno stuff at my newish place, and like I said before I'd love anything handmade. Especially if its a kitchen tool of some type. Or any tool for that matter.

By day I'm an engineer with access to 3D printers, laser cutters, machinists, etc. so when I work at home I tend towards more manual processes as long as its not too time consuming. I keep inheriting old tools from my dad (70's vintage woodworking and aerospace surplus tools) or my grandfathers (misc antique hand tools, tool boxes) so anything that fits that theme would be rad.

corgski - if you're having trouble matching people outside the USofA you can move me to "ship anywhere". I put down in country only because I didn't realize how spread out everyone is until I read the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

For what it's worth, I for one am of the opinion that anyone who's received their package should go on and open it already. I know the one I sent has arrived and I don't wanna wait a frickin' month for the recipient to post about it! :v:

That's what I get for not checking my mailbox regularly!

Somehow you guessed that my existing spice rack was already overflowing

I also get now why you weren't responding to my comments about this in the discord lol.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh, yay! Now I get to share my making of photos.

I hope you like it! And yeah, part of the reason I made this was because my own spice cabinet was overflowing. After I made your gift I went and added an entire extra shelf to the cabinet :v:

Oh hell yeah that's rad that you made it from stock older than me. It fits my collect-old-poo poo theme perfectly.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

mjan posted:

A gift arrived!

I received a fantastic set of matching coasters in the mail today, which immediately became the nicest coasters in my house:

Finally, a bonus shot of Lamia attempting to eat the box in which they were delivered, because she is not bright:

Thank you, oXDemosthenesXo!

Brother: hey I got these thin endgrain offcuts

Me: huh?

Brother: contractors effed up

Me: Lol sure I'll take them. wonder what to do with them

DIY Discord: Coasters! Laser some poo poo on top!

Me: Hey I have all that stuff!

Prepping

LASER BEAMS

All etched, a couple of practice pieces on the left

After finishing and corking the bottoms

Glad you like them. I had no idea what I was going to make you until these precut pieces and bunch of good ideas from y'all showed up.

I reused the box that TooMuchAbstraction sent my gift, so Lamia has good taste.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it was supposed to be flooring at some project my brother was managing. Obviously they didn't do it quite right.

There's a museum in town that has one huge room that's about 100ft x 100ft of true dimension 2x4 end grain flooring and it's totally awesome.