Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Real Mean Queen posted:

but I was also thinking it might refer to the youtube algorithm that says “oh you like any kind of video about any topic? We think you’ll enjoy racism.”

Oh my god, and here I was feeling hella embarrassed about the recommended videos on my YouTube page. Good to know it's not my specific watching habits that make YouTube think I'm interested in THE TRUTH about the Clintons or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Ok fine, I’ll be the dumb guy who finally asks. What are these Twitter posts with pictures of people showing? I just see pictures...nothing about how a computer program identified them as human or not human.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

Twitter automatically crops images for no reason other than to make you click through to twitter to see the full image, surprise: the algorithm that determines which part of the cropped image to display is racist

Ohhhhh. Cool, thanks

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Now that I actually understand what these are, this is one of the funniest things I’ve seen on the internet

e: I mean, the one I quoted, specifically, not the algorithm’s flaws in general