Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

butlerian jihad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'm taking a biometrics course to round out a double major and I think its driving me insane. Lecture this morning was on facial recognition of mugshots (all mugshots were of black people) then later in lab we had a news report about British police employing human "super recognizers" to surveil protests. Its all some loving Voight-Kampf poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Machine That Won The Race War

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Gods_Butthole posted:

lol, what the gently caress is a "super recognizer"? How does someone get a job like that?

In theory some people are abnormally good at spotting facial similarities, like how some people are savants at math or whatever, but I'm pretty much assuming in practice its an excuse to invent probable cause

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i think im now mentally prepared that if i don't get a job when i graduate i can just become the unabomber