Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I figured the title was referring to that microsoft (?) chatbot that went from “hello world” to “hitler did nothing wrong” within like a day, but I was also thinking it might refer to the youtube algorithm that says “oh you like any kind of video about any topic? We think you’ll enjoy racism.” The fact that “the racism computer” is vague enough to not refer to any one racist computer makes me think that maybe we’re not doing a great job having computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

gently caress this clown, of course you can ban technology. You can’t make it not exist, but you can at least make it inadmissible in court and impose harsh penalties on businesses trying to use it. Portland recently passed a ban on use of facial recognition by government and business, and I hope others take note. This stuff can only hurt the average person, it’s not going to help anyone you’ve ever met.