Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

1. When did you first hear about what would become AEW?

Around All In there were rumors going around about Tony Khan being interested in the product Kenny and co were putting on, but I don't think the specifically AEW related rumors started until November or so when it was clear Kenny's relationship with New Japan was not going to continue.

2. When did you first believe it was happening?
When they did the press conference, I believed at the very least that they were going to do at least one show, but I don't think I first believed that it was going to be a long running thing until the Dynamite deal got announced.

3. What was your reaction and what did you think it would be like?

"Oh, cool!" I thought it was interesting.

4. Did you believe they would get a TV deal at first? When did you start to believe it would be a good deal?

I would have never thought TNT. That didn't become a possibility to me until it became real.

5. What was your first guess of what the product would be like? Has it been anything close to what you expected?

I thought it would be kind of like All In, where everyone is doing their own type of thing, and it's been kind of like that, but with more of a WCW tribute vibe.

6. Is it better or worse than you expected?

Much better!

7. Has AEW changed how you watch/enjoy wrestling?

It's the first time I've watched weekly wrestling tv since like 2014, and I regularly live chat with friends during it. It's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU