Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

As someone who mostly lurks, I liked the change, because I felt like it helped to cut down on the white noise and encouraged people to put some thought into their posts. I might actually start following USPol again—right now I just follow Poliwonks because its signal-to-noise ratio is so much higher.

Five minutes would probably be better than ten, but ten was fine if five is infeasible. I'm fine with running out of posts to read, so long as the posts that I did read were interesting and informative.

For what it's worth, I'd also like to see escalating punishments for people who repeatedly break the rules. A sixer is useful as a warning / enforced cool-down period, but if a poster is eating multiple sixers per week without improvement then I think it's clear that more is needed to encourage the user to change their posting, or failing that, to limit the amount that they can post.

E: I didn't notice much change in the Poliwonks or SCOTUS threads, so it's probably unnecessary for those threads since they already have a culture of people putting more effort into posts.

VikingofRock fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU