Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hades is amazing

Zeus's boon that makes your collectible cast ammo zap nearby dudes (while it's sitting on the ground uncollected), + the one that gives lightning effects a secondary status for more damage, resulted in me accidentally killing Theseus before the Minotaur just by throwing out attacks and not even looking at him. Also going for a shitload of money every run and then buying everything right before the last boss feels awesome

Got a 3-win streak going but now I'm scared of doing the added difficulty stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hades has really set a new standard for me in terms of presentation for a semi-grindy "do runs over and over to progress further" game. Like every single aspect of the game rewards you in super cool ways and it all manages to work into a story that actually makes sense, it's pretty nuts.

Athena's invulnerability god gauge turned out to be surprisingly OP imo when I realized that upgrades actually boost it up to like 3 seconds of invincibility per charge. You can straight up button mash your way to victory with it.