Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tawal posted:

Monster Train is another fun run-based game that I highly recommend, but the comparison to Slay the Spire doesn't do it a ton of favors. It is a good deck builder, but very different. Hades 1.0 is hype and I can't wait to play weapons besides shield of chaos

yeah monster train kicks rear end too, i enjoy it a lot more than spire. the new heroes they just added are really friggin' good and i like the new bosses a lot too. i still think the game needs more content but it feels a lot more varied than it did at launch and the core mechanics are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’ve done about 30 runs and there’s still a god of the underworld I haven’t met yet? I’m missing a trinket from them too so that’s two prophecies I’m 1 entry away from but idk what to do besides keep attempting more runs.

theres one that i just got that shows up randomly on runs after a while and challenges you to a contest. he's your last guy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

decided to take a one-run break from work nd in true fashion that ended up being my best run ever. beat the level 3 bosses, got halfway through the level 4 boss. i can do this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The butterfly orb miniboss is probably my least favorite miniboss in the entire game.

same, it's awful

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

havent cleared the third hades boss yet, but getting closer

what keepsake are ppl equipping for runs? i’ve been mostly running with dusa’s one for the extra survivability

i really like hermes keepsake, the lucky tooth, the butterfly, and on the bow or gun orpheus' keepsake is easy money. i've also really been liking switching to my main boon god's keepsake just for asphodel for a guaranteed good boon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive really been liking stubborn defiance so far although i'm sure once i get more than two death's defiance is going to be better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Between H*des, Spelunky 2, the new binding from isaac xpac from hell, and general roguefuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of day to be a gamer. Tommy need wallet

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The hidden aspect on the sword kicks rear end

ive only gotten one hidden aspect so far and it also kicks rear end, just beat the game with it. pumped to unlock the rest

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At least some of them you can unlock by continuing to level up your affinity with characters by giving them nectar. I got two of them from Nyx and Achilles

i think youve got to get the spear unlocked to get the rest, keep talking to achilles and he gives you a code word to give the spear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

workin on getting the unlocks for the other aspects, frost fair blade kicks mondo rear end and i want to see what the others can do

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Gun aspect ftw

i literally just got the call phrase for the gun and holy poo poo lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I havent unlocked the gun aspect because i dont like using the gun abd I havent spent any blud on the gun

i dont like the non-hidden aspect guns but the hidden aspect kicks rear end. actually all the hidden aspects kick rear end, i finally got the fists and they're the best weapon in the game no question

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i got the aphrodite attack and epic hermes attack speed upgrades on this fists on my first run along with an attack chaos boon and beat hades in like two minutes, it was unbelievable

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The gun hidden aspect kind of sucks rear end. It's so slow and god help you with armored skulls in tartarus. I can't imagine elysium with that thing. I hope there's some epic hammer upgrades for it or something cos it desperately needs it

the big things that it constantly hits so if you get demeter dionysus or zeus you can just crap out status effects. i got my win with it with demeter and the 10 chill explode effect along with the dionysus cast. also you don't have to detonate the orbs and you can usually lay out five or six before they blow up, they emit a damage blast every second or so and that can really add up quickly, especially if you get a good special boon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Finally got a win after a week of being addicted to this rear end, using the daedalus spear that hits three times on dash strike.

That's not what beat Hades though, for that fight I had the power that regens hp when you're out of defiance and the one that autofills the god gauge, so for the second phase I absolutely lamed it out by just running away in circles until I could turn and hit him with a full power Aphrodite blast.

hell yeah dude, grats. prepare to get like three more in a row

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

moonlighter any good? it's on pretty deep sale on the eshop and it looks interestng

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Not particularly, but if you're bored I bet you could get $8 worth of enjoyment out of it.

eh, if it's whatever i'll just get something else instead. ty

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tried caves of qud. theres definitely a lot of good poo poo there and i'm interested to see where it goes but god drat is it buggy. the UI fuckin blows too, i know they're going for a nethack style interface but it's so bad. maybe if it ever gets finished the game'll be fun, but now i'm just annoyed for falling for the early access indie treasure siren

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Cleared with every aspect and beat EM Hades, not sure if there's anything left to do here except clearing heat 20

The zeus/artemis lightning rod duo power sounded lame in the description but it turned out it has full screen range and activates constantly, twas litty

theres a special reward for clearing on heat 32 and there's always the epilogue...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It's a small thing that's specific to my tastes but it annoys me that you can't keep playing in the same world. I remember one time I made a digging guy and I just dug tunnels everywhere and it would have been cool if I could have a new character use them. Obviously it's in develpment but it bugged me that all the procedural villages just wanted to kill me, I found a village of bats and it would have been cool to talk to them or something.

i think you can try to crank your rep with nonhuman factions to make them nonhostile or at least some mutations make me think that. a persistent would be cool though although i guess that would make the main quest tricky to run. that would be a cool concept for a roguelike though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Cleared 32 in one go with fists, I left EM Hades off and didn't give up any mirror of night powers. Out of all the conditions the one that came closest to hurting me was extra trap damage lol since the poison in Styx and the green jars Hades sets up count as traps

gently caress yeah. trap damage always fucks me up in asphodel too, i get sloppy around the lava and it counts as a trap too, kills you dead real fast