Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

monster train is fun and not really much like sts imo, except there's cards. one thing that's nice about monster train is if you have a bad run you end up dying pretty quick in my experience, instead ol like in sts where you can keep limping along until the middle of the 3rd area and you die after 30 minutes. fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also none of these games are roguelikes. gently caress you all :gun: :fuckfox: :lizard: :tbear:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

this is by far the greatest treasure rougelike there is

thank you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can't get a 4th? Lol, loving loser.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got a duo ability with demeter and artemis that turned my cast into insanely fast honing lasers. well the demeter ability did that alreay. BUT the duo ability made it WAY better. but i still lost on the last boss again fuuuu.

also hades and spelunky etc are NOT roguelikes. :middlefinger: FOR a real rougleike experience check out rogue legacy. it has rouge in the title and its called "legacy" because it carries on the legacy of the original rougelike games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the sword is the best weapon aND the hidden sword is eVen better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

Between Hades, Spelunky 2, and the new Binding of Isaac xpac that just got announced, it's good to be a roguelike gamer.

get this. none of them are roguelikes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yeah the spear is first

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

any imps get a Spelunky 2 W yet? I got real close on a shortcut run but I don't think I'll count it til I get it from 1-1. The normal route final boss is also kind of bullshit without some sort of a projectile weapon, much more along the lines of the secret Spelunky 1 boss than Olmec

edit: also what's everyone's preferred route? I'll take Jungle if I've got a bunch of money for the black market or if I've got a good back slot item already or made progress on the Kali altar because there are usually a ton of guys to sacrifice there. Otherwise I'll go Volcana because it usually feels easier and Vlad's Cape is really sick. And outside of completionism I feel no desire to go for Temple instead of Tide Pool -- I guess the former is easier to reach if you're going for the Ankh but I'm just trying to beat the game normally right now and not gently caress with that poo poo

edit edit: I think going Volcana->Temple is the only way to get the Alien Compass that gets you into the Mothership though? And I believe there's a character unlock behind that so I'he gotta try it at least once

Bro im not reading a megathread that combines multiple games in several distinct genres all them being not-roguelike

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I havent unlocked the gun aspect because i dont like using the gun abd I havent spent any blud on the gun

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you get aphrodite attack on the hidden fists it basically negates the drawback, amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the problem with the gun is it feels bad to use.. the reloading feels bad and the shooting feels bad. they borrowed the active reload aspect from Synthetik another hit indie trasure not-rougelike that people call roguelike for some reason, but unlike Hades the whole game is about shooting guns, and making thee gun shooting feel good, isntead of bad.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

I escaped twice but I didn’t unlock any hidden aspects what gives

achilles eventually tells you about the hidden aspect of the spear and then you start unlocking the rest. you may have to spend blood on the spear also, since you have to spend like 4 or 5 to get the other aspects after tthe spear

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Oh for gently caress sake I just learned about using aspects long after running out of blood.

u get more blood (or items you can trade for blood) after beating the game once, there's difficulty levels and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hate the gun with my life. I know it has the cool rocket launcher upgrade and stuff but nothing will make me enjoy using it. That and the spear are the two weapons I just don't like using, though the aspect of Hades is kool

i like the hades spear, and guian yu spear. and achilles spear is okay once you dont some blud into it.