Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just bought hades today and GF is goin out of town for a couple of weeks. its time to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

I’ve beaten it 4x now, three with shield and once with spear. I find damage is more important to focus on early because you can always pick up 75-100 health on the last 2 levels. Doom is op, combined with the other Ares skill to make doom do 60-100+% more after a few seconds it’s insane. Also look for the special skill chain upgrades, combined with doom the run becomes easy.

Other good skills are the ice ones and the blood rift ones (both cast and dash), hangover is decent but not great unless you can pair it with the skill that that hungover enemies take more damage

only been playing for like 2 hours but yeah already figured this out. had a run with the shield on the special attack with tons of doom stacks so could just whip it out and dash away and killed enemies. i died on the hydra boss though cause it was my first time getting to it and got gibbed not realizing the adds it spawns shield the boss till theyre dead

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Kull the Conqueror posted:

i dread the appearance of the Butterfly Orb

this

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

havent cleared the third hades boss yet, but getting closer

what keepsake are ppl equipping for runs? i’ve been mostly running with dusa’s one for the extra survivability

yeah i can pretty reliably kill the hydra now, unless i get unlucky with lovely boons. come close every time but its hard and elysium levels leave you puny going into the fight

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just beat it on run #26. spear with the blast attack special, plus chaos boost to special attack, plus the butterfly trinket, poo poo was melting. the butterfly trinket is super good and to think it will become only stronger once it levels up :stare:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
wait, you can have multiple of the keepsakes active?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

the contractor can build you a thing that lets you swap your keepsake after each act’s boss. i assume that’s what ppl are talking about

ok yeah I have that. didnt know if maybe it let you unlock the ability to equip more as you cleared areas

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The final spear style is freaking sick

i wanna keep using the spear but also wanna beat the game with the other weapons too. and with enough time and patience, i will do both

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I know. honestly the only one i really dislike is the sword, its just so meh

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dongicus posted:

Between H*des, Spelunky 2, the new binding from isaac xpac from hell, and general roguefuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of day to be a gamer. Tommy need wallet

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just unlocked the spear hidden aspect, not sure how I did it achilles just talked to me one time on my way back and then it unlocked

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The gun pwns

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
every weapon/boon/upgrade is overpowered with the right set up, end of discussion, topic locked. mods please close the thread now and permaban the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Had my best runs with spear but they’re all good