Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Chewbecca posted:

A+ toast technique, especial for a Vegemite amateur. Can't say I'm not impressed, got the butter all the way to the edges!

I stand on the shoulders of giants. U r the butter beneath my 'mite :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

called my mom 2 ask if she knew about vegemite. she replied, "is that a disease?"

thought you'd want to know that chewb

Ass-penny

prepuce repurposed posted:

called my mom 2 ask if she knew about vegemite. she replied, "is that a disease?"

thought you'd want to know that chewb

:roflolmao:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
drat, getting pwned by moms up in here :pwn:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I just read that vegemite is quite healthy! Y'know, I think I'll stop by an international grocers this evening. This thread has made me curious as to the taste of the 'mite. Maybe I'll pick up some tim tams while I'm there!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Areola Grande

my vitamin b12 levels are soaring. Doc says I'll never die at this rate

blaise rascal

I just tried vm for the first time! Reaction video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJz0I5iPWQMb

Areola Grande

blaise rascal posted:

I just tried vm for the first time! Reaction video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJz0I5iPWQMb

ty 4 the vid blaise rascal

having just tried it myself yesterday I lol'd p good when I saw how thickly you were applying it. that looks like a sodium overload friend! Did u finish the whole slice?

blaise rascal

that looks like a sodium overload friend! Did u finish the whole slice?
yes!! I like salt lol

Areola Grande

ok good. I remembered where I've tasted it before. my older brother used to sprinkle yeast on his popcorn as a kid which admittedly is p wack in retrospect. anyway he let me try it once and that's vegemite baby

Ass-penny

blaise rascal posted:

a playback error occurred and I can't see the vegemite. :(

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

a playback error occurred and I can't see the vegemite. :(

same, friend, same

nut

it worked for me :twisted:

Ass-penny

nut posted:

it worked for me :twisted:

screenshot each frame and post ITT thanks in advance, friend.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

blaise rascal

The next phase in the Great Goon Giveaway: I will burn ten CDs of my reaction video, and mail them to goons who can't watch it on youtube

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

blaise rascal posted:

The video worked for me. If you like miso paste, then I can understand why you might like Vegemite.

Chewbecca

Blaise went in with an Australian amount of Vegemite and that's why I respect him for it! I'm also genuinely glad you like it. Vegemite with eggs is the next step of your Vegemite journey in my expert opinion!

Finger Prince

blaise rascal posted:

lol you just keep spreading it on as you ramble away...spread spread spread, chit chat chit chat chit chat, spread spread spread... You fuckin madman!

Chewbecca

Blaise mites like a pro tbh

Finger Prince

some are born into vegemite, others have vegemite thrust upon them.

Manifisto

well the vid plays on my phone, just not my laptop! nice, very nice, looking forward to trying mine. trip report on that soda pls!

Jinh

blaise rascal posted:

excellent technique of diving straight into the deep end of the pool

thanks so much cda <3

Chewbecca

Breakfast is go

Jinh

wow my sunny side ups never look that good

thanks so much cda <3

Chewbecca

Ok look I wasn't gonna ever share this, and it's something I've known for a long time and it's not necessarily widely known, but the secret to cooking perfect fried eggs is being australian :ssh:

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

some are born into vegemite, others have vegemite thrust upon them.

Every night and every morn
Some to miso paste are born
Every morn and every night
Some are born to vegemite

ty manifisto

alnilam

I think that's what William Blake was really writing about at least

ty manifisto

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

Every night and every morn
Some to miso paste are born
Every morn and every night
Some are born to vegemite

thank god they sent a poet.

sb hermit

sb hermit

I still don't know how I can accurately describe the taste without cribbing someone else's work

sb hermit

vegemite on buttered toast with an egg on top is pretty good though

Areola Grande

well done comrade. ur 1 of the strong ones

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

sb hermit

well done comrade. ur 1 of the strong ones

:woop:

Chewbecca

starbucks hermit posted:

I still don't know how I can accurately describe the taste without cribbing someone else's work

Gosh you went all in, completely opaque! But surely you've got some verbs to describe the unique taste sensation? Delicious perhaps? paste-like?

Ass-penny

starbucks hermit posted:

How are you still alive? You absolute madman! You'll be tripping for days.

Ass-penny

Manifisto posted:

well the vid plays on my phone, just not my laptop! nice, very nice, looking forward to trying mine. trip report on that soda pls!

It isn't working for me on either phone or laptop.:qq:

Blaise if you are serious about phase 2 I am in, it would not be the first time I've posted my address on the forums.

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

It isn't working for me on either phone or laptop.:qq:

Blaise if you are serious about phase 2 I am in, it would not be the first time I've posted my address on the forums.

:raise:

sb hermit

rear end-penny posted:

How are you still alive? You absolute madman! You'll be tripping for days.

:ohdear:

Chewbecca posted:

Gosh you went all in, completely opaque! But surely you've got some verbs to describe the unique taste sensation? Delicious perhaps? paste-like?

It's, uh, unique. An aftertaste of malt? Something on my tongue reacted to it strongly, but it cannot be defined further.

I am no stranger to eating offal and organ meats (liver and onions is one of my favorite dishes) and I've had a try of asian and european dishes (especially Indian, as it's actually somewhat common here). I love eating new things and there are few things that I shy away from (notably, capers).

But I fear that a lifetime of hot sauce consumption may have dulled the senses necessary to nail down the subtle flavors of vegemite.

At best, I want to be able to tell the true difference between buttered toast with vegemite and without it. I think that should help me concentrate on how to define the flavor beyond "salty and strange".

blaise rascal

Guys, I’m worried that my tasting experience was not authentic because my vegemite wasn’t given to me by a 6’4” guy in Brussels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

(for reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s)