Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I will tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Zurtilik posted:

I will tomorrow!

:f5:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
:f5h:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Zurtilik

I'm glad we got a guide because I definitely would've put it on thick. I don't really taste much besides salt and maybe the faintest hint of musty vegetable. I had fake butter though and I wonder if that heightened the saltiness of it some. I didn't really feel too much one way or another about it.

My wife hated it completely and she made the worst faces and shook her head like she downed a shot of hard liquor. She said it was salty with a strong garlic/onion taste.

Free feet pics!

Thanks for the fun little evening experience, Chewbecca :).

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 22, 2020

Zurtilik

I have wimpy prebagged Kroger wheat toast. Idk. It's all I had on hand.

Chewbecca

Zurtilik with the bold and honest review. I respectfully disagree with this conclusions, however I appreciate his honest opinion (and it means more Vegemite for the rest of us)! 5 musty vegetables out of 5.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Jinh

Zurtilik posted:

I have wimpy prebagged Kroger wheat toast. Idk. It's all I had on hand.

no shame, i used wonderbread that had been in the freezer for 2 months. tasted fine though and toasted up like it was fresh.

excellent spreading technique!

thanks so much cda <3

sb hermit

:toot: a bold review

Prof. Crocodile

vegemite part ii: the revegemiting

i finished off the vegemite today, using a more aggressive amount. and it was still pretty darned good. the saltiness and the umami work nicely with the butter, but it wasn't an overpowering flavor in any way.

Chewbecca

Good morning Vegemite converts and h8ers alike!

Behold my Friday breakfast, eggs on Vegemite and avacado toast! ! :sickos:

Chewbecca

Prof. Crocodile absolutely nailing the Vegemite distribution, a born Vegemite connoisseur. Five out of five sample-sized Vegemite portions!

Two uses from the one thingy is pure genius!

vanisher

Hello I finally decided to sample my Vegemite. I've been afraid for a while but with a little help from Chewbecca I was pressured into eating it or else. Thank you Chewbecca for arranging this whole affair!

I have some regular bread in my freezer but I remembered everyone saying it would go well with eggs, and I had these handy so I figured it would be an interesting mixture of flavors.

I was toasting these up and was reading if Vegemite was safe for dogs so I could post my dog eating some. Turns out it's not (too salty). My toast kind of burned a little while I was researching vegemite dog safety.

can't believe it's not safe for dogs! lol

The texture out of the little sample was very similar to a very thick honey.

Hey this tastes nothing like honey. I ate the first bite of the Vegemite Eggo face up, that is to say, Vegemite up. The Vegemite is sticky and its flavor lingers. I did not account for the immediate salty hit that would be exponentially increased with the quantity of vegemite delivered in each bite. I also made an error by choosing a surface with little holes that can store pretty significant quantities of vegemite. The vegemite stuck to the roof of my mouth and covered my entire tongue within moments. The saltiness was replaced with a fishy (but not really fishy) kind of savory flavor.

Imagine you took a container of A1 steak sauce and boiled it down until it was a thick paste. That's the kind of flavor you get, kind of.

I said a prayer and took a bite of it on regular toast. The first bite scarred me, and maybe under different circumstances this could have been an enjoyable experience but now it was just a glimpse into a very traumatic experience.

Anyway thank you Chewbecca I will never forget this day.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

vanisher posted:

Anyway thank you Chewbecca I will never forget this day.
Lol. Thanks for your honesty!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Chewbecca

My friend Vanisher doing a heston blumenthal and really inventing new taste sensations, for our entertainment. I, for one, appreciate his sacrifice. 5 cinnamon eggos out of five.

more falafel please

forums poster

ok! so i don't know what the USPS has been doing for the last couple weeks that could have been more important than this, but I did finally get the vegemite!

made a toast snack with some multigrain bread, butter, and a decent schmear. maybe a little more than suggested for a first timer but I was expecting to like it

it's hard to describe the flavor. very salty, with a strong umami flavor, kind of like soy sauce. makes sense since it's like a yeast extract thing. there's a little bitterness too. I like it! my wife did not like it at all.

what should i do with the rest of it (other than more vegemite toast)?

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Chewbecca

A truly blessed day when more falafel please is able to review their Vegemite, and what an outstanding review it is! You did go quite dense on the 'mite - a person of conviction you are! 5 new SA webmasters out of 5.

Leftovers could be utilized into cheese and vegemite pastry wheels perhaps (although prob not many!)

more falafel please

forums poster

might have been a little too much this time.

bread is some good sourdough my neighbor made

Chewbecca

more falafel please posted:

might have been a little too much this time.

bread is some good sourdough my neighbor made

Yah that is getting into expert levels of Vegemite my friend. When you've eaten as much as I have your taste buds are deadened enough. A fried egg might have countered the Vegemite a little, or even melted cheese :kiss:

more falafel please

forums poster

Chewbecca posted:

Yah that is getting into expert levels of Vegemite my friend. When you've eaten as much as I have your taste buds are deadened enough. A fried egg might have countered the Vegemite a little, or even melted cheese :kiss:

I wanted to push it, and I think i found the line

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

more vegemite please posted:

I wanted to push it, and I think i found the line

vanisher

Bog Pixie I just received yours back as returned mail! Maybe they couldn't read my handwriting. I'll confirm addresses and get the last couple sent out.

vanisher

Friends- it comes after many months of procrastination, but I have mailed the remaining three letters.

Manifisto, yours has been fortified with cardboard to hopefully secure the mite such that it does not get smushed.

Bog Pixie, a thousand apologies- after I received the returned mail the vegemite sample had become compromised. I did however recover some of the trinkets and those have been mailed.

Nut- I had to use a top of the line padded envelope and yours should be arriving in the best condition.

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Friends- it comes after many months of procrastination, but I have mailed the remaining three letters.

Manifisto, yours has been fortified with cardboard to hopefully secure the mite such that it does not get smushed.

Bog Pixie, a thousand apologies- after I received the returned mail the vegemite sample had become compromised. I did however recover some of the trinkets and those have been mailed.

Nut- I had to use a top of the line padded envelope and yours should be arriving in the best condition.

thank you vanisher, you're the best! you too chewbs!

Manifisto

:frogsiren: a certain package containing vegemite, a postcard, and a fun activity book has made it all the way from australia to my home! :woop: thank you chewbs and vanisher too.

I need supplies for my planned method of review/consumption and I will post it soon!

nut

👀👀👀

more falafel please

forums poster

manifisto eat the vedgey moite

Manifisto

so, today was the day of the great vegemite adventure! my delivery method of choice: a "toad in the hole," i.e., slices of toast with butter, cheddar, vegemite (of course), and an egg nestled into a hole in the middle of the toasts. somewhat auspiciously, my local supermarket was having a sale on new zealand cheddar, so while the cheese is not proper australian tasty cheese (as the recipe called for) it is at least antipodal. (fun fact: "tasty" is a style of cheese, meaning a somewhat matured and moderately sharp cheddar.)

bottom layer of the unbaked TitH, showing vegemite coverage. I also decided to do an initial, more "pure" vegemite taste test with the hole I cut out of the bread (untoasted/unbaked). it's really good, no joke. a meaty, salty umami bomb, with a bit of zip.

the assembled TitH, ready for the oven.

. . . and, around 18 minutes later, she's out!

plated up, alongside more aussie gifts from chewbecca:

trip report: the vegemite was definitely not too assertive here, I think because of the double layer of toast. I followed the recipe's instructions to take it out when the cheese was "golden," but I think honestly I should have taken it out sooner. the toast was kinda dry, and since the egg was not at all runny there wasn't any nice liquid yolk to moisten it up. if I were to do it again I might consider doing it by pan frying instead of in the oven, and/or using only a single slice of bread or maybe just cutting the crusts off. the flavors were nice though, a bit more cheese might have been a good idea. the vegemite was very good, the recipe itself was a bit of a letdown.

so anyway there you have it, I've been officially toed in the hole, courtesy of australia. thank you very much chewbs! I regret that it has taken so long to bring this to closure, but better late than never, as they say. also thanks, again, to vanisher for acting as intermediary.

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Excellent vegemite delivery device and post

Goons Are Gifts

That was a really strong post and I'm jealous

Stoner Sloth

Glutes Are Great posted:

That was a really strong post and I'm jealous

this but also :australia:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

Manifisto posted:

so, today was the day of the great vegemite adventure! my delivery method of choice: a "toad in the hole," i.e., slices of toast with butter, cheddar, vegemite (of course), and an egg nestled into a hole in the middle of the toasts. somewhat auspiciously, my local supermarket was having a sale on new zealand cheddar, so while the cheese is not proper australian tasty cheese (as the recipe called for) it is at least antipodal. (fun fact: "tasty" is a style of cheese, meaning a somewhat matured and moderately sharp cheddar.)

bottom layer of the unbaked TitH, showing vegemite coverage. I also decided to do an initial, more "pure" vegemite taste test with the hole I cut out of the bread (untoasted/unbaked). it's really good, no joke. a meaty, salty umami bomb, with a bit of zip.

the assembled TitH, ready for the oven.

. . . and, around 18 minutes later, she's out!

plated up, alongside more aussie gifts from chewbecca:

trip report: the vegemite was definitely not too assertive here, I think because of the double layer of toast. I followed the recipe's instructions to take it out when the cheese was "golden," but I think honestly I should have taken it out sooner. the toast was kinda dry, and since the egg was not at all runny there wasn't any nice liquid yolk to moisten it up. if I were to do it again I might consider doing it by pan frying instead of in the oven, and/or using only a single slice of bread or maybe just cutting the crusts off. the flavors were nice though, a bit more cheese might have been a good idea. the vegemite was very good, the recipe itself was a bit of a letdown.

so anyway there you have it, I've been officially toed in the hole, courtesy of australia. thank you very much chewbs! I regret that it has taken so long to bring this to closure, but better late than never, as they say. also thanks, again, to vanisher for acting as intermediary.

the production value, the writing, a beautiful adventure

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it looks so good i want to eat the jpeg

more falafel please

forums poster

it does look like a lot of vegemite but I bet the cheese and egg help balance it a bit

Manifisto

more falafel please posted:

it does look like a lot of vegemite but I bet the cheese and egg help balance it a bit

yeah, but also I think the vegemite not being on the surface means your tongue doesn't get to meet it directly, so it's more muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Someone put the Vegemite on fries please and thank you