Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

lordfrikk posted:

Anybody else had Deathloop crash the whole console when put to rest mode with the game still on? First time I was completely bewildered that the console is doing cold boot but now it's happened a second time. I've been using rest mode for the past two months almost every day so it's not that. Or they hosed up something in the recent patch.
It has happened twice to me so far, but it sometimes happens anyway where the console will just be completely off when it was previously in rest mode. Yesterday it crashed my PS5 while I was loading the game. I was at the main menu, chose "Break the Loop", and the screen went black. I could still get to the overlay and the home screen with the PS button, but none of the buttons did anything on the home screen, so I couldn't terminate the game. After maybe 30 seconds, the console restarted itself and I got a message saying something like "The system software encountered an error" with the option to submit to Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

It's like the part at the end of a teen movie where the hunk takes the nerdy girl's glasses off and everyone realizes she's actually been hot the whole time.

does he then put on her glasses and walk to the end of the football field to look at her?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg and LVG are It Takes Two-ing!!! https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

"Maybe I'll watch Veeg for a bit and see if he's on Deathloop"

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairResoluteYakTebowing-IOSZPlktn5Txn8aI

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hey man at the end of the day I’m still not going to set up a glamour shot for a PlayStation.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Welp, just finally got my PS5 on one of those PS member queues. On its way next week, with a little luck. It'll finally get me to play Aegis Rim (the least PS5-upgraded game I can imagine) as I lost interest in booting my PS4 right around the same time I got it.

Returnal and Demon's Souls are day one purchases for me online when it arrives but any other recommendations? I have a gaming laptop that's a few years old and therefore not as strong as a PS5 so I'm down for any PC-type games that might run better on the PS5. Already thinking Deathloop in that regard.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

veni veni veni posted:

It's like the part at the end of a teen movie where the hunk takes the nerdy girl's glasses off and everyone realizes she's actually been hot the whole time.

Are those from Darkplates? edit: Okay, their videos make it pretty plain they're easy af to install.

Memnaelar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 17, 2021

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

lordfrikk posted:

Anybody else had Deathloop crash the whole console when put to rest mode with the game still on? First time I was completely bewildered that the console is doing cold boot but now it's happened a second time. I've been using rest mode for the past two months almost every day so it's not that. Or they hosed up something in the recent patch.

Yes twice now. Ratchet and Clank did that to me as well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

Are those from Darkplates? edit: Okay, their videos make it pretty plain they're easy af to install.

It was these. Amazon had them on flash sale for $25 so I figured why not. Quality is fine but I think the oem ones are a bit better and there’s no Ps logo.

They are super easy to install. Took maybe 1 minute. Pulling the plates off a Ps5 is like opening Tupperware easy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T79W5M1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XMTCNS84ENHY8DY0XTN6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

veni veni veni posted:

so that's where the hampstead heath table went

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Bit of a shorter stream tonight because poor Lady VG and her head. Not sure if I should do some deathloop now when I need to finish It Takes Two with her first. Do not want to get carried away. I am so tempted though :3:

Also cannot stop laughing at that clip Infinitum :D

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Finally finished innocence: a plague tale.

That... Was average. It felt incredibly average to me right up to the last couple of chapters where it felt pretty good, and then it had the most infuriating section of any game I've ever played, then ended incredibly damply.

I feel like maybe I missed the good ending or something because of how 'bleh' it went out, but deleted it anyway because I don't care anymore after that bullshit.

Did I miss anything?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

she's hotter in glasses

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

You've heard of Chinese Sekiro, now say hello to Chinese Dark Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPo73-CTqsU
You say Dark Souls but I see someone shoot a thing to stun it and then the PC jams their hand in there

That ain't dark souls

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just lost track of like 90 minutes wandering/sneaking/massacring my way around Updaam at noon of loop 2 and haven't even gone near the lead I have for the time slot. gently caress yes Deathloop rules. After tomorrow morning I'm off work for a week. I never time vacations for a new game on purpose, it's usually just opportunity, but I always wish I had a sick new game I can go nuts on during them and it's been a long time since I actually had one I really enjoyed for like a week of vacation. And big-rear end RPGs are always what I'm thinking of, and immersive sims* are really my favorite variety of all. And I'm actually getting a little insurance money for the PS4 that lightning killed! Everything's coming up Milhouse! :toot:

I wasn't even waiting on this; I'm sure I'd seen it in a listicle of upcoming games but it didn't leave an impression until I saw people talking about it like the night before release and realized an Arkane immersive sim, timed exclusive for the console you really only have one true game for? Sold.

* No real dialogue checks with NPCs, hold-a-button hacking? Still think it qualifies; the wild bag of options combat mechanics, and the way both gameplay and "plot" later are influenced by your actions earlier in the story are exactly in the spirit of the best immersive sims.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Still shocked more of this thread isn't playing Splitgate. This is the most fun I've had with any FPS in years.

I played it for a couple hours

Id rather shoot somebody directly than deal with the portals

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Having platted Hades I'm looking for a new roguelike - Risk of Rain 2 and Darkest Dungeon are both on sale. Which of those does everyone here love?!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I wanted to love Risk of Rain 2 and Darkest Dungeon

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Flayer posted:

Having platted Hades I'm looking for a new roguelike - Risk of Rain 2 and Darkest Dungeon are both on sale. Which of those does everyone here love?!
Only played DD, I think the consensus on both is generally positive if you like what those games are with some dissenters (some large, valid complaints about DD's console UX, but it's not unplayable -- though it is more of a archetypal Switch indie if you have one). The real difference is Darkest Dungeon is a more traditional roll some guys, spec them, crawl a dungeon, survivors come out with loot, possible de/buffs, etc., and repeat until you can/want to take on a boss -- really more of an XCOMlike people mistake for a more typical roguelike b/c aesthetics imo. IIRC Risk of Rain is procgen 2D action, so which of those are you looking for?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flayer posted:

Darkest Dungeon is difficult and brutal.
Risk of Rain 2 is a cool shootsman that gets incrementally harder.

Both are great, but they are 2 entirely different games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Flayer posted:

Returnal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

she's hotter in glasses

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ngl once I put it on my shelf I literally can't even see it any more lol. I dunno the white is just so flashy. I hope sony starts making official plates I want a PSX gray one. It's be cool if they started releasing plates bundled with matching controller colors.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Flayer posted:

Crypt of the Necrodancer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

!Klams posted:

Finally finished innocence: a plague tale.

That... Was average. It felt incredibly average to me right up to the last couple of chapters where it felt pretty good, and then it had the most infuriating section of any game I've ever played, then ended incredibly damply.

I feel like maybe I missed the good ending or something because of how 'bleh' it went out, but deleted it anyway because I don't care anymore after that bullshit.

Did I miss anything?

No, there's no other ending. Everyone likes it for the first 90%. A lot of people also like how the ending Just loving Goes For It (I'm not among them)

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

who's sooppock lmao?

It's me. I'm sorry I love this thread and I wasn't sure where to find goons to add and you posted your name up and I'm a big fan of your work - this thread is a great poop at work and read and just seems like the kind of thread where everyone here is pretty cool and has a good attitude.

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 18, 2021

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Flayer posted:

Look at Curse of the Ancient Gods. I really enjoyed its slimmed down architecture. Was satisfying to beat the final boss.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Are there unskippable cutscenes in Returnal? I just want straight gameplay, no long plots etc...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Howard Phillips posted:

Are there unskippable cutscenes in Returnal? I just want straight gameplay, no long plots etc...

you should play Nuclear Throne

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Howard Phillips posted:

There's very little story in returnal and iirc the cutscenes are skippable. But there is like maybe 10 minutes of them in the entire game. There are a few story-esque moments where you explore a house in first person.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oooooooh losing a good session of exploration and discovery in Deathloop to a hard crash REALLY STINKS! Probably two hours of farming and clues and new objectives in the trash. Really wish I knew what was causing the crashes, my PS5 isn’t even hot. My second hard crash in 4 hours.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Spacebump posted:

Still shocked more of this thread isn't playing Splitgate. This is the most fun I've had with any FPS in years.

I had a blast playing on PC, but the art design is absolutely trash and stops me from playing it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Oooooooh losing a good session of exploration and discovery in Deathloop to a hard crash REALLY STINKS! Probably two hours of farming and clues and new objectives in the trash. Really wish I knew what was causing the crashes, my PS5 isn’t even hot. My second hard crash in 4 hours.

It’s pretty unstable lol I had two hard crashes in less than 2 hours. I wonder if they could patch in mid-level quick saves without it being exploitable. I’m sure they’ll iron it out eventually tho

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

do you use ....rest mode by chance? :grin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SilkyP posted:

It's me. I'm sorry I love this thread and I wasn't sure where to find goons to add and you posted your name up and I'm a big fan of your work - this thread is a great poop at work and read and just seems like the kind of thread where everyone here is pretty cool and has a good attitude.

i could never turn down a fellow :regd04: especially if they pooping to my shitposts

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

i could never turn down a fellow :regd04: especially if they pooping to my shitposts

:regd04::stonk:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Memnaelar posted:

Welp, just finally got my PS5 on one of those PS member queues. On its way next week, with a little luck. It'll finally get me to play Aegis Rim (the least PS5-upgraded game I can imagine) as I lost interest in booting my PS4 right around the same time I got it.

Returnal and Demon's Souls are day one purchases for me online when it arrives but any other recommendations? I have a gaming laptop that's a few years old and therefore not as strong as a PS5 so I'm down for any PC-type games that might run better on the PS5. Already thinking Deathloop in that regard.

Not sure if it's a "PC-type" game, but Ratchet & Clank is a lot of fun and truly next-gen in regard to visuals (not that Demon's Souls looks bad or so, but Ratchet & Clank really shows what's possible especially with the fast SSD drive etc.). It's basically a live-rendered Pixar Movie you can play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had these kind of gnarly 4-5 second freezes for a minute or so, about 30 minutes into deathloop but otherwise it's been butter for the last 8 or so hours I have played. on my ps5 that is in a cabinet and uses rest mode constantly

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My ps5 sits in rest mode every day. Even when in mid returnal runs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If U think about it, using rest mode is like gently rocking your baby to sleep at night, vs turning it off all the time, which is like shaking it until it stops moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

If U think about it, using rest mode is like gently rocking your baby to sleep at night, vs turning it off all the time, which is like shaking it until it stops moving.

:hai:

so is adding an nvme drive sorta like doing a visceral attack?