Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man Xenogears owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

History Comes Inside! posted:

The TLDR version is if you think it looks fine already leave it alone, because it really doesn’t matter.

These are $600+ machines being used on $1000-$2000+ TV's.

It really does matter to optimize your experience.

IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

The TL;DR is do both whites once the logo vanishes from your eyesight and keep darkness at the lowest.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I was gaga for W3 on release and for like 15 hours after and then I played Bloodborne and now I think W3 is a pile.

"I thought Mario was good but then I played Madden and now Mario loving SUCKS"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wolfsheim posted:

"I thought Mario was good but then I played Madden and now Mario loving SUCKS"

Maybe try:
"I thought Super Mario Bros was good but then I played Megaman and now Super Mario Bros loving SUCKS"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:hmmyes:

Doing the gentlemen quests at the min. :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

tuo posted:

He didn‘t even have his two swords on the back like in the books.

He doesnt have two swords on the back in the books, he usually kept his silver one with roche

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

bows1 posted:

Post the calibration guide Bust you coward

#Releasetheroddcut

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe try:
"I thought Super Mario Bros was good but then I played Megaman and now Super Mario Bros loving SUCKS"

There's nothing really good in Witcher 3 that also exists in Bloodborne outside of 'cool monster design' and 'man hold sword' so the comparison seems entirely asinine

They also both have inventory systems I guess? And leveling up?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ah man i dont even have hdr!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was gaga for W3 on release and for like 15 hours after and then I played Bloodborne and now I think W3 is a pile.

I don't think I have ever heard you bring up TW3 without bringing up Bloodborne to compare it with and it's like, why? They released close to each other, they aren't even the same genre but you always compare the two igdi. Tbh I don't even understand why you dislike it so much, because you seemed to love CP2077 and the best parts about that game are pretty similar to the stuff TW3 does well and thats not even taking into account that 2077 had so many issues.

I don't even like TW3 as much as most people seem to, but it undeniably does a lot of stuff pretty well that stands out. If you think the quest design and world suck I'd at least like to hear why for the first time, because I have never heard any reasoning behind it other than you calling it bad because Bloodborne also exists.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wolfsheim posted:

There's nothing really good in Witcher 3 that also exists in Bloodborne outside of 'cool monster design' and 'man hold sword' so the comparison seems entirely asinine

They also both have inventory systems I guess? And leveling up?

They are 3rd person action RPG's with big worlds to run around in where combat is a core feature of both.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the point is that the two games came out like 6 weeks apart ya dumbbells

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
everything good about Witcher 3 has nothing to do with the combat. which is good because the combat is bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Incredibly you can make anything sound like anything if your wording is vague enough, a truism impressive only to first-year WRT 101 students and PS5 thread posters.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Bloodborne has more in common design-wise with Castlevania II: Simon's Quest than literally any open-world modern RPG lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Witcher 3 has a better story than Bloodborne

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Xenogears owns

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah 2077 is very much what the tw3 base game is. What 2077 lacks is all the things that made tw3 good, namely meaningful side quests and 2 banging dlcs

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Yeah 2077 is very much what the tw3 base game is. What 2077 lacks is all the things that made tw3 good, namely meaningful side quests and a hankering for some GWENT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Yeah 2077 is very much what the tw3 base game is. What 2077 lacks is all the things that made tw3 good, namely meaningful side quests and 2 banging dlcs

2077 is better than TW3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You don't realize how little sense this makes? They came out 6 weeks apart. So what? Are you planning on comparing dying light 2 to Elden ring any time it comes up for the next ten years, because they are being released in the same month? Why does it even matter? No one else even compares the two games, because they aren't really worth comparing and they also aren't sports teams where you have to pick a side.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

2077 is better than TW3

Come on now!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thsi forum is going to cyberpill 2077 me

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Xenogears owns

It really does. Makes me wish I still had my HD crt that weighed a ton. Did a weird letterboxed 720p or 1080i, but the colors were fantastic and vintage consoles looked amazing on it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thsi forum is going to cyberpill 2077 me

Don't fall for it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDJdCljK_q0

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Xenogears owns

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cyberpunk has loads of great side quests

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2077 is better than TW3

Agreed 100%. 2077 is cool as poo poo!!! Both are good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not gonna pretend CP2077 isn't a highly flawed game, but it is fun and those videos people make like "look if you shoot da water in GTA it splashes and in CP2077 it doesn't lollll" are the pettiest poo poo. If you are looking for GTA don't get Cyberpunk because it's not that, despite a lot of surface similarities.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I sympathize, Skyrim is always gonna be the game that released 3 weeks after Dark Souls to me. I irrationally, immaturely resented the hype it got at the time and now I irrationally, immaturely enjoy how DS1 and its sequels became critical darlings while Skyrim became the comfort food of action RPGs. No reason to compare them except I'm a petty bitch, but being petty is fun.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I'll probably finish C2077 at some point (I stopped at about 20 hours when some turret controls became permanently frozen on the screen) but at this point it's like, why not just wait for the free PS5 upgrade :shrug:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat cyberpunk 2077 isnt as good as GTA:SA, the greatest game ever made? what a pile

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still waiting for the PS5 version

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

why not just wait for the free PS5 upgrade :shrug:

Depends, how long do you have to live

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually like 2077 more than TW3 as well, but it mostly boils down to it being thematically way more interesting to me. At least at this point in time I feel like TW3 is obviously the better game on paper though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acksplode posted:

I sympathize, Skyrim is always gonna be the game that released 3 weeks after Dark Souls to me. I irrationally, immaturely resented the hype it got at the time and now I irrationally, immaturely enjoy how DS1 and its sequels became critical darlings while Skyrim became the comfort food of action RPGs. No reason to compare them except I'm a petty bitch, but being petty is fun.

there is never any shame in calling bethesda games piles. because they are very bad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New patch will fix everything. We swear.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there is never any shame in calling bethesda games piles. because they are very bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt061BAbkQs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Xenogears owns

I watched some 28-part Xenosaga lore video while I was laid up all weekend in a daze from the covid booster, it felt like I had finally ascended to the Upper Domain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Depends, how long do you have to live

Well in truth I was hoping the PS5 version of W3 would come out first because it's an overtly superior game but with CDPR all bets are off