Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Videoball has a better OST than The Witcher 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PykBxtEH4I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Handsome Wife posted:

I got it for Christmas last year but I'm determined to wait for the PS5 upgrade, so it's been sitting on my shelf in its shrinkwrap for almost a year.

Are they even still working on this? I got it for ten bucks a few months ago but I’ve also been waiting to play it. Seems like it would be wiser for cdpr just to cut bait on this thing but then again if there’s a big upgrade I may actually get around to playing it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
God I love Into the Breach. It’s one of the best Genius Simulators out there, second only to Invisible Inc. Just a fully featured gym for your galaxy brain. Shelling friendlies to own the Vek, and other gambits.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The loads do probably take like 10 seconds, but that is...not long at all. Lol what a weird thing to complain about. It's a big open world a game it's gonna take that long to load on PC as well. I'm sure PS4 is like 3 minute load times.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

fridge corn posted:

The witcher 3 has a better narrative than xenogears

:wrong:

I'm the holder of the "Mythical RPS Hero Badge" now :smug:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

that's funny, i was down there looking for you and all i saw was a pile of gibs

Yeah cuz as usual seedge and mega got there before you!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bop bop perano posted:

Yeah I regret buying RE8 new, usually I’ll at least try to finish a game that I buy new, but the combat is so tedious and everything takes like 20 bullets to the head before dying. RE2’s enemies also take quite a lot of damage before dying, but they also move much more slowly, and you can shoot their legs off to make them way less mobile, etc.

I’m enjoying it! I’m actually find it ridiculously easy except for that Moreau bit, which I got the next time after posting about it (such is the power of posting). You get so much shotgun ammo that most regular enemies don’t pose a threat. Might go through it on Hard after this.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Colonel Whitey posted:

Are they even still working on this? I got it for ten bucks a few months ago but I’ve also been waiting to play it. Seems like it would be wiser for cdpr just to cut bait on this thing but then again if there’s a big upgrade I may actually get around to playing it.

Yeah, they just announced in the past couple of days at an investor meeting that it's "on track" for Q1 2022.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And CP2077 was coming out “when it’s ready” and we all saw how that turned out.

Honestly if CDPR tell you the sky is blue or water is wet at this point I wouldn’t blame anyone who insisted on double checking for themselves, I don’t get why people are still taking anything they say at face value.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Bloodborne is the PlayStations second most spiritual exclusive game behind No One Can Stop Mr Domino.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

liquidypoo posted:

Hey speaking of big, girthy swords how do we get Veeg a PAL copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes? I mean I don't remember if region locking was a thing on PS3, but if it isn't I might sit down and think real hard about sending my NTSC copy across the ocean

I have a PAL copy in the UK right now that I'd happily post to Veeg to stream, assuming that he's The Nice Boy he seems to be and would send it back after

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

And CP2077 was coming out “when it’s ready” and we all saw how that turned out.

Honestly if CDPR tell you the sky is blue or water is wet at this point I wouldn’t blame anyone who insisted on double checking for themselves, I don’t get why people are still taking anything they say at face value.

I mean, yeah, of course. But I have the game already, and I have plenty of other poo poo to play in the meantime. It's not really costing me anything to wait until spring and see what happens.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Flint_Paper posted:

I have a PAL copy in the UK right now that I'd happily post to Veeg to stream, assuming that he's The Nice Boy he seems to be and would send it back after

A US copy would let us horrible Americans send our very worst creations to him wouldn't it?

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

fridge corn posted:

Yeah cuz as usual seedge and mega got there before you!

:bustem:

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

veni veni veni posted:

The loads do probably take like 10 seconds, but that is...not long at all. Lol what a weird thing to complain about. It's a big open world a game it's gonna take that long to load on PC as well. I'm sure PS4 is like 3 minute load times.

Ehhh I suppose ghost of sushi has redefined load time expectations for me. That + crashes + adhd + 10 seconds a fast travel/death + 20 sec logo splash screens on boot sort of adds up quickly to become annoying as gently caress. Entitled gamer over here

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The ten-second load times in Days Gone have started to annoy me; I wouldn't have even noticed them a year or two ago

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I paid 15 bucks for CP2077, and only played on the most recent patch. I played it on the PS5 which is supposed to be one of the better ways to play it currently. My expectations were very tempered by the time I played it.

Knowing beforehand that the story is no different for anyone and the choices don't impact anything, I was fine with that part of it. The voice acting and most character animations were great. I had fun with most of it.

The graphics were mixed. I liked the style and lighting. But even on the PS5, the pop in was just awful and the copy-cat NPCs everywhere and cars really ruins the immersion. They have a big problem with asset streaming or something.

The game world isn't actually that interactive, it just pretends to be. Being able to press a button on a vending machine or have NPCs make irreverent remarks as you walk by is not new, and it's the bare minimum for a game like this. The NPC AI, traffic AI, and police AI is terrible and almost non-existent, like it was an after-thought.

It still crashed constantly, usually once per play session.

Not being able to be nude in your own apartment was a mistake.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m enjoying it! I’m actually find it ridiculously easy except for that Moreau bit, which I got the next time after posting about it (such is the power of posting). You get so much shotgun ammo that most regular enemies don’t pose a threat. Might go through it on Hard after this.

it's not that it's difficult, or at least up to the point that i stopped, I hadn't died at all, at least after dying like 10 times during the intro, before i had like any ammo (idk why, i think i was just lost and couldn't find where i was supposed to go). But yeah, idk the combat just felt more annoying and clumsy, plus I'll never feel good about blocking with my bare hands while someone is swinging a knife or i'm trying to stop a zombie werewolf thing.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

They have a big problem with asset streaming or something.

It's a frequent theme with its biggest problems on the last gen, the city was simply too much for a 5400 RPM HDD. If CDPR hadn't overhyped the game and sold a bunch of preorders maybe they could've changed plans and launched on the newer consoles and let SSDs save their bacon, then taken a few months to optimize the game into something the PS4/Xbone storage pipeline could handle. Oh well.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve downloaded ffxiv and am expecting it to capture the magic of WoW when I was in grade 9 and I will go ApeShit when it doesn’t live up to it.

What’s the FF version of Ogrimar

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Don’t worry you’ll be utterly and completely inundated with squiggly little menus literally from the moment you log in

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

yes YES

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vikar Jerome posted:

He doesnt have two swords on the back in the books, he usually kept his silver one with roche

I know, I meant it as a joke because nerds melted down over it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

that weird sword stance he used, is that from the books

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I did this but I followed the additional directions in the comments to make sure your panel is as cold as possible during calibration, so that the whites/darks and colors are accurate when it warms up. This was fine to start, I’d turn my LGCX on and quickly run through the first step, but since the oled “warms up” so quickly I’d have to turn it off and wait for it to come back down. I waited about an hour and a half before turning it back on and rushing through the next step. I turned my house’s thermostat to help the process. It took most of the day but the colors look great. I think you can use an upside down can of pressurized air, or, “dust-off” and spray it into the back of the oled panel to cool it more rapidly. I tried this near the end but several areas of the panel quit responding for a moment I dunno ymmv. Colors look great now though, like I said. Dark Souls 2 is absolutely gorgeous now. I don’t know what all the complaints are about.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

tuo posted:

I know, I meant it as a joke because nerds melted down over it

Oh yeah i forgot about that lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

that weird sword stance he used, is that from the books

Kinda, cos even witcher 1 tried doing all the weird acrobatics and stuff. Its the witcher style they removed from 2 and 3 cos they couldnt pull it off when made the combat actual combat and not a clicking mini game

The combat animations were cool af in witcher 1, and its def where all the animation budget went

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

I paid 15 bucks for CP2077, and only played on the most recent patch. I played it on the PS5 which is supposed to be one of the better ways to play it currently. My expectations were very tempered by the time I played it.

Knowing beforehand that the story is no different for anyone and the choices don't impact anything, I was fine with that part of it. The voice acting and most character animations were great. I had fun with most of it.

The graphics were mixed. I liked the style and lighting. But even on the PS5, the pop in was just awful and the copy-cat NPCs everywhere and cars really ruins the immersion. They have a big problem with asset streaming or something.

The game world isn't actually that interactive, it just pretends to be. Being able to press a button on a vending machine or have NPCs make irreverent remarks as you walk by is not new, and it's the bare minimum for a game like this. The NPC AI, traffic AI, and police AI is terrible and almost non-existent, like it was an after-thought.

It still crashed constantly, usually once per play session.

Not being able to be nude in your own apartment was a mistake.

Most of what I like about CP2077 boils down to the things that were hampered by it's execution and you really have to look past it all to enjoy it. Which sucks, but it is what it is. Like, there is just so much cool world design and art direction and fun characters but you are just stuck with looking past all of the sub par end result to enjoy it. Which I personally felt was worth it. But yeah, at least at this point it doesn't really manage to sell the vision.

I really hope it gets sorted out eventually because I really do think there is a good game in there. it's still just not finished even to this day a year after it was released.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So it looks like Death Stranding is recommended here and I am A-OK with this :)

Question though, is it a long game? If I complete Night in the Woods this Sunday, is Death Stranding a game that will last the rest of December? Conversely, I do not wish to overrun December.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Question though, is it a long game? If I complete Night in the Woods this Sunday, is Death Stranding a game that will last the rest of December? Conversely, I do not wish to overrun December.

You can do the story in ~40 hours, tack on as many hours as you feel like playing for side stuff if you’re into it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Yeah it's long. As said above you could probably rush through it at 40 hours or even possibly way less, but I'd say expect to spend at least 60 hours. When I hung it up I was at 70 when I had seen enough and there was still endless poo poo to do.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also when chat says „reserve the next 90 minutes for cutscene“, they are not kidding. It‘s such a wonderful Kojima game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol 90 minutes is a pretty conservative one. What is the ending? 4 hours long? I loved the game and the ending made me want to jump off a cliff. just hours of nonsensical Kojima melodrama.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I was actually thinking about this last night (because I devote way too much time to thinking about your streams). First, I think it’s possible you could complete NitW on Friday instead, or at least very early on Sunday. I can’t remember how long the other parts are! Second, yeah Death Stranding is a long game. It took me 60-70 hours but that was with me doing a lot of side stuff. I think maybe you could sneak in another short game before it if you wanted to close out the year with it. It was a really cool recommendation and I think it would be a sick bunch of streams but also I can see some of them running long towards the end because you have to watch lots and lots and lots of cutscenes in a row. Oh yeah, and did you get the director’s cut/PS5 upgrades?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

lol 90 minutes is a pretty conservative one. What is the ending? 4 hours long? I loved the game and the ending made me want to jump off a cliff. just hours of nonsensical Kojima melodrama.

If you include the „gameplay“ that stitches the ending cutscenes together, yeah, IIRC it is at least 2,5 hours+ or so, plus then of course the final gameplay part, and another…like….30 minutes cutscene? I have to replay this over the holidays.

Is the PS5 version only framerate improvement plus the director‘s cut content, or also raytracing and stuff? (Though the game already looked phenomenal on PS4)

E: oh, do the cutscenes even stream? Or are they blocked due to spoilers?

Ee: Veeg, just watch the opening on YouTube. It spoils nothing (it‘s the opening). It might have been the most impressive opening to a game I have ever seen, especially once you see it running on your screen and realize „wait, these weren‘t renders, this is the actual game engine running“. Ratchet and Clank gave me a similar „wow“ in regard to graphics, but Death Stranding has so many moments that just floored me in how well they where done, both regarding sound, graphics, overall feel.

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 1, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least with DS the cutscene/gameplay ratio is mostly tolerable until the awful ending. I think MGS4 was maybe 5 hours of gameplay and 17 hours of cutscenes. you can at least expect to spend 75% of DS actually playing the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Death Stranding is like an 80 hour game, all told, and it's paced extremely lazily. You will be walking for a long rear end time.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

What awful ending? :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crows Turn Off posted:

Knowing beforehand that the story is no different for anyone and the choices don't impact anything, I was fine with that part of it.

This is not true tho :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Death Stranding is like an 80 hour game, all told, and it's paced extremely lazily. You will be walking for a long rear end time.

This is not wrong.