Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arist posted:

I just found out the new Folding Ideas video essay on NFTs is inexplicably on Letterboxd, so here's me plugging that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

It's a bit dryer than the Defunctland video on FastPass but Dan Olson is still really good at explaining things without being boring.

Olson is a compelling speaker, but he did start losing me at a few points. Though my covid wasn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If anyone wanted to upgrade their set for a new PS5 but kind if on a budget and didn't need VRR or 4 high bandwidth HDMI ports, Walmart has the 48" A1 for about $800

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1486008499226112002

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Reminds me, I should go finish days gone one of these days. Currently working on red dead 1, so I'll prob need an open world breather afterwards.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wtf 😳
Never would have figured that. Thanks

it makes you do it in the first playthough but everything is so new it's easy to forget

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

tuo posted:

Just wait until you get further in the story. It's a masterpiece in world building in that while it expands more and more (minor spoiler) at the same time gets smaller and smaller.

All the clunkiness of the controls aside, it's my favourite R* game by far.

The idea that there is much more story to get to is insane to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dog nougat posted:

Reminds me, I should go finish days gone one of these days. Currently working on red dead 1, so I'll prob need an open world breather afterwards.

I played the other 30 hours of days gone in 2020

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Lol. I totally forgot all the RE Revelations Raid mode I played.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 25, 2022

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I played the other 30 hours of days gone in 2020

Oh yeah, I'll for sure need an open world breather then. Just bought armored core 4 for ps3 and it should show up soon, so giant robot destruction should be a nice change of pace (ac6 when???).

Wish the PS app had tracking for ps3 trophies and such. I know it's fairly niche and old af though. There's probably some weird ps3 hardware limitation reason for why it wouldn't work anyway. It's amazing that games managed to even get things like voice chat to work online in game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Thundercracker posted:

Lol. I totally forgot all the RE Revelations Raid mode I played.

:eyepop:

rev2 raid mode owns.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rinkles posted:

The Old Republic MMO did something like that. They transplanted the aesthetics and core conflict of the movies onto a completely different era.

I guess cause people expected SW to look a certain way?

The main thing that an MMO benefits from doing this is that canonically during the original trilogy time there are supposed to be almost no force users since palpatine killed them all

In a single player game you can get a convoluted story about secret Jedi in hiding but that will break when you scale it up to an MMO (star wars galaxy tried) but in TOR you can just go hog wild and let everyone run around with lightsabers

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

:eyepop:

rev2 raid mode owns.

It really does. It's like a love letter to the series and I loved the abilities that each character got, like Wesker being able to dodge cancel out of everything like the goofy gently caress he was in RE5.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I was expecting something more sinister:

https://twitter.com/soulsitem/status/1486040719634534400

This one is good though

https://twitter.com/soulsitem/status/1486038018456637445

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Somehow, palpatine returned

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/PolygonTiddies/status/1485726333837758464

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fix posted:

Oh my god, RDR2 is so goddamn big. I finally got to the second epilogue and there is so much more out there. It's incredible.

It really is, I’ve been so tempted to start up another playthrough of that. I’ve played some absolutely incredible game since RDR2 but nothing has even come close to that experience. The epilogues are so, so good.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Extremely cursed

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/soulsitem/status/1486048176423403523?t=gcZwz5MCQoMkROQ4ywlGXQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/soulsitem/status/1486049602872610821?t=BzXBXUScen5-TUzXhSnEOw&s=19

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Real hurthling! posted:

They arent calling the series FO they are calling it star wars: jedi so expect a new subtitle

Star Wars Jedi: The Joker's Revenge

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The shameless dude is probably the worst joker if you don't count leto

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Is the new FF game supposed to be a remake of the original final fantasy? I always wondered what the story was like in those since people only talk about 7+.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I saw thr aerith one and recoiled in horror but now? Putting in an overtime request.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Starks posted:

Is the new FF game supposed to be a remake of the original final fantasy? I always wondered what the story was like in those since people only talk about 7+.

Its a uhhhhhhhhhhhh prequel. (Then again, its got all kinds of ff stuff in it, so who knows really)

I mean its a simple story but with a cool for the time idea/twist but its not a long game. Theres a 99% chance all the pixel remasters are coming to console soon so, might as well wait and see. They were nes games so the first 3 are limited kinda but do their best. 4 is when they started to go all in with what they could do in a story and i dont mean that as a way to deminish the first 3. 2 tried it best iirc

Tho if you have a ps3/1 ff origins collection version of 1 is good.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 25, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Starks posted:

It's the origin story for the villain in the very first FF game, lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The story of ff1 is you gotta kill dracula and some other poo poo to light up 4 crystals or else evil wins

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Got R&C installed oh baby

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

You gotta kill chaos

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

The story of ff1 is you gotta kill dracula and some other poo poo to light up 4 crystals or else evil wins

CHAOS

ALSO

it being a timeloop

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I played R&C on Hard and it was pretty much the right way to play until I got towards the end where the girl Lombax planet is being invaded and there's a huge difficulty spike for the boss there. Got him down finally after like 20 tries and stopped playing. Should probably pick it up again.... and this thread is making me want to finally beat RDR2 as well (on chapter... 6? I think? definitely coming up on the 'end')

But I'm already behind on my ambitious 2022 games list. Gotta beat RE4VR in the next 6 days.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

skillup did a vid on the history of the actiblizz thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZlCiwqYg0

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's worth noting that the time loop from the original FF1 didn't even make sense and there's no way that a Kingdom Heartsized version of a prequel will make any more sense but it seems like a fun ride

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The timelooop in Endwalker worked exceptionally so maybe FF is turning a new corner

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

2021 was the timeloop year. What will 2022 be?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Just beat Father Gascoigne on the first try, Bloodborne is either much easier than I was expecting or DS3 is good practice. I'm sure I'll eventually find a boss that whoops my rear end though.

I've noticed camera angles while locked on in Bloodborne are a lot worse than in DS3, sometimes I'll be locked on and the viewing angle is impossible to tell what's going on.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Walrus posted:

and this thread is making me want to finally beat RDR2 as well (on chapter... 6? I think? definitely coming up on the 'end')

You should. I believe in you :clint:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Got R&C installed oh baby

It’s such a great game, hope you dig it!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The year of good games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's still a time loop, so it'll be 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

It's still a time loop, so it'll be 2021

Thank you, Gamer! But Bobby Kotick is in another castle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Just gonna spoil ff14 real quick

Haha good job no one is playing that new game in here