Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu-PVQfcpmE

Timely vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

stev posted:

That poo poo ain't canon

Oh I thought it was, maybe at the beginning?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At first it was explicitly canon but they quickly discovered highlighting this was more trouble than it was worth and stopped doing it. So it’s still canon but it doesn’t matter because there are no cross references after season 2 or so

This works in the show’s favor because it lets them dig up poo poo from the marvel treasure hoard that the movies didn’t dare touch at the time, like LMDs and Ghost Rider and Hive

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Im playing elden ring on my sony playstation five

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm playing PerSona5 on my PS5.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A little late to the conversation about strong reactions to popcorn movies etc but I wanted to post this quote from the wonderful Roger Angell who I found out about far, far later than I should have. Yes, it’s primarily about sports, but it’s a fantastic point that carries through so many things in life. Games, movies, art of any sort. Anything.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fix posted:

I'm playing PerSona5 on my PS5.

The best game.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Kilometers Davis posted:

A little late to the conversation about strong reactions to popcorn movies etc but I wanted to post this quote from the wonderful Roger Angell who I found out about far, far later than I should have. Yes, it’s primarily about sports, but it’s a fantastic point that carries through so many things in life. Games, movies, art of any sort. Anything.

I used to be too cool to care about sports as a high schooler and in college, and I learned afterwards that it is actually fun and enriching to be invested and follow it and be part of the community, especially with my friends and family. Now I follow my college football team more than I ever did while I was actually at school, and I have a group of friends that buys season tickets with me every year. It's fun to watch and yell and get caught up in the drama of it, and discuss it every week and even during the offseason. Yeah the NCAA sucks and football in general is very problematic in many ways but it gives us even more to talk about while we enjoy the sport for what it is.

I feel similarly about the MCU and other nerd fandoms. Not everything is high art, and not everything has to be. I love it because I have a group of friends who also love it and we watch it together when we can and talk about whatever nonsensical drama is currently happening. I see it all as a big soap opera with superheroes, and I'm mostly there for the characters and interactions and pop sci-fi trappings. And I definitely don't begrudge anyone who doesn't care for it, it's certainly not for everyone. But I guess one of the most valuable lessons I learned in adulthood is that it's more fun to try to enjoy things rather than continue engaging with stuff that's not for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Im playing elden ring on my sony playstation five

Where are you in it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Where are you in it

got to volcano manor, still need to explore royal city tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

got to volcano manor, still need to explore royal city tho

The manor is like the only place in the game where you can gently caress up a bunch of questlines by doing too much progress so be careful

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Kilometers Davis posted:

liking things is cool and good

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

The manor is like the only place in the game where you can gently caress up a bunch of questlines by doing too much progress so be careful

I joined them, i read that it doesnt gently caress anything up????

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rage quiting in the capital

Where do i need to go? Only killed 2 shard bearers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

the big tree

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there’s a pub near me called “the big tree” that I didn’t know about and one time my friend called me and said “I’ll meet you near the big tree” and I thought he was being really vague

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Baggot posted:

I feel similarly about the MCU and other nerd fandoms. Not everything is high art, and not everything has to be. I love it because I have a group of friends who also love it and we watch it together when we can and talk about whatever nonsensical drama is currently happening. I see it all as a big soap opera with superheroes, and I'm mostly there for the characters and interactions and pop sci-fi trappings. And I definitely don't begrudge anyone who doesn't care for it, it's certainly not for everyone. But I guess one of the most valuable lessons I learned in adulthood is that it's more fun to try to enjoy things rather than continue engaging with stuff that's not for me.

I work 70-90 hours a week in a job that every second I’m working I’m expending mental energy and then have to constantly monitor my phone even when I’m at home. MCU movies are the perfect panacea and I love them.

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

We did it little buddy...
Jesus loving Christ. I’m just a 24/7 lurker in the thread, and probably risking a probe…. But this Star Wars/MCU/movie arguing detail is insufferable and the worst the thread has ever been.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PremiumBlend posted:

Jesus tucking Christ. I’m just a 24/7 lurker in the thread, and probably risking a probe…. But this Star Wars/MCU/movie arguing detail is insufferable and the worst the thread has ever been.

it’s always bad

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

it’s always bad

Not this drat bad

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

The capital is the only mandatory location after your 2 shard bearers unfortunately. It sits between you and the back half of the mandatory bosses which make up the final like 20% of the story.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

PremiumBlend posted:

Jesus loving Christ. I’m just a 24/7 lurker in the thread, and probably risking a probe…. But this Star Wars/MCU/movie arguing detail is insufferable and the worst the thread has ever been.

So why lurk and then complain instead of making it better with your own posts?

What games are you playing? What's your favorite PS5 game so far? What's your favorite movie?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PremiumBlend posted:

LoL dude you’ve been lurking for TWENTY YEARS and you don’t know how probes work, lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

it’s always bad

That’s the thread’s secret, cap

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL dude you’ve been lurking for TWENTY YEARS and you don’t know how probes work, lmao

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

Theres a giant dead dragons wing you need to climb

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

jeez, i think of a joke to make while reading through the derail, only for the derail to come to an end before i'm done catching up? this sucks.

who bent the thread's collective wookiee?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

haveblue posted:

At first it was explicitly canon but they quickly discovered highlighting this was more trouble than it was worth and stopped doing it. So it’s still canon but it doesn’t matter because there are no cross references after season 2 or so

This works in the show’s favor because it lets them dig up poo poo from the marvel treasure hoard that the movies didn’t dare touch at the time, like LMDs and Ghost Rider and Hive

Hell yeah bay-beee!

https://i.imgur.com/amwkiEz.mp4

Will fully admit that season 1 is the lowest point of the show. It takes them almost the entire season to find their footing properly. It does start ramping up afterwards though, which is great.

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

So why lurk and then complain instead of making it better with your own posts?

What games are you playing? What's your favorite PS5 game so far? What's your favorite movie?

I am going to be the change I want to see

I have been playing Weird West which is a Wild West old fallout style rpg, but with real time combat with a bullet time skill. It hasn’t fully gripped me after the opening few missions. But I’m going to keep plugging at it. I have also been replaying GTA on the new remaster. It is fine, but I think I have spent all the time with it I need to over the past couple of generations. I will probably log back into online once my play group upgrades.

I just bought The Show in the recent sale. Having not played a sports game for about 6 years or so, I am expecting to be delighted by visual upgrades and disgusted by monetization.

At this point my favorite PS5 game is probably just a PS4 game running better, so still too early to determine that.

My favorite movie is irrelevant to this thread, the one about the PS5 and its multitude of games.

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Is posting about posting no longer a probe worthy offense?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PremiumBlend posted:

No and it hasn’t been for like literally 12 years

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PremiumBlend posted:

My favorite movie is irrelevant to this thread, the one about the PS5 and its multitude of games.

You sure you've been lurking this thread?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

PremiumBlend posted:

being whiny and unfunny should be but i guess wed probate 99% of the thread

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

i like my fish too much to make it a probate icon regularly

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

there’s a pub near me called “the big tree” that I didn’t know about and one time my friend called me and said “I’ll meet you near the big tree” and I thought he was being really vague

Its buried under a big 'W'

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

PremiumBlend posted:

I think you're in the wrong thread. Sound slike you want the PS5 thread which is I dont know where sorry

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My cat was being very ill this morning and we spent a good part of the day trying to find a vet that was open and had appointments. Kitty is doing alright now tho thank god.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Post ur cat, IDIOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Never letting that cat watch star wars ever again