Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Y'all getting Cult of the Lamb today? Honestly, I hadn't even heard about it before ACG's review yesterday, but it looks super sick. i think I have to buy it. I'd get the physical edition but they don't come out until like the middle of next year, especially if you want any of the Collector's eds. They all went on preorder today at noon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Y'all getting Cult of the Lamb today? Honestly, I hadn't even heard about it before ACG's review yesterday, but it looks super sick. i think I have to buy it. I'd get the physical edition but they don't come out until like the middle of next year, especially if you want any of the Collector's eds. They all went on preorder today at noon.

Yea I'm gunna grab it on switch because it seems much more suited to being able to play it wherever. Was going to play it on the way to work this morning but then realized it wouldn't unlock until 10am EST :negative:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Yeah it looks interesting, not sure if I want it on Steam Deck or PS5 though. First world problems

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

spiderhyphenman on pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3-nbNWD40

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just got an email about the open beta dates for Modern Warfare II but I guess they announced it on Twitter a few days ago:
https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1556366588877619200

Hell yeah, I'm legit really excited about this. MW2019 was great and I played a lot of its multiplayer. Hoping this one is just as good.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
can you play Alpha Protocol on the PS5 Premium

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wilkins Micawber posted:

It’s real good so far! I’ve been watching Ladykilo play it for most of the day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bows1 posted:

can you play Alpha Protocol on the PS5 Premium

I thought the game was not distributed anymore due to licenses so it can only be on a service like xbox where you need the disc to run it...or did that get cleared up

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I FINALLY picked horizon zero dawn for 10 bucks, I guess I felt like 20 was a little bit too rich for my blood for a potential open world game I wouldn't like. Definitely liking it so far!

I'm still very early on but yeah the visuals are amazing for a PS4 game! The 60 FPS patch is really nice too, although night is kind of annoying. I wish I could fast skip thru it. Movement itself is kind of clunky and feels last gen-ish, but it's still perfectly enjoyable mostly. Hopping around on rocks or water isn't my favorite though. That said the environments really are something else, the way the blades of grass sway, it's all good stuff

Anyways, I'm playing on normal mode and the combat is still decently challenging even though I'm still in the first area around level 10 or so.

Any hot must know critical tips? I don't think I'm going to care for completionist stuff. I'm going to mostly do the main story and do side quests whenever I want to level up or whatever

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

KingSlime posted:

I FINALLY picked horizon zero dawn for 10 bucks, I guess I felt like 20 was a little bit too rich for my blood for a potential open world game I wouldn't like. Definitely liking it so far!

I'm still very early on but yeah the visuals are amazing for a PS4 game! The 60 FPS patch is really nice too, although night is kind of annoying. I wish I could fast skip thru it. Movement itself is kind of clunky and feels last gen-ish, but it's still perfectly enjoyable mostly. Hopping around on rocks or water isn't my favorite though. That said the environments really are something else, the way the blades of grass sway, it's all good stuff

Anyways, I'm playing on normal mode and the combat is still decently challenging even though I'm still in the first area around level 10 or so.

Any hot must know critical tips? I don't think I'm going to care for completionist stuff. I'm going to mostly do the main story and do side quests whenever I want to level up or whatever

All the best items are sold in the city of Meridian.
The DLC can be started at any time, but you should play it late, because some of the machines up there are hardcore.
Damage types are poorly explained in the game. The big one is that the arrow-impact symbol is for damage to a machine's HP, while the cracked shield is for Tear damage, which can snap off components (which also reduces HP). The elements are pretty straightforward; fire is damage over time (plus it forces certain enemies to expose their heat-sinks); frost turns off armour, and quadruples impact-damage received (but is bad for knocking off components); shock paralyzes; corruption causes them to attack friendlies.
Don't feel compelled to stick to an enemy's listed weaknesses.
Ropecaster weapons are amazing for simplifying fights against multiple robots.
You haven't misunderstood anything, humans just genuinely suck to fight. Spam headshots.

edit: as far as collectibles go, the Vantage Points are majorly worth the effort.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I just dumped a couple hours into it and yes, it's a very satisfying play.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Good to see so many Alpha Protocol fans. That was a fun month in 2010, when that, Red Ded Redemption, and Alan Wake all came out. Gamers were eating well.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Thread is making me want to connect my PS3 back up for some MGS action...

I also still have my PS2 with Snake Eater disc...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Shoot the robots with elemental arrows on their weakspots, it makes them explode and does hundreds of damage

Don't be like me when I first played the game.

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

RhoA posted:

Thread is making me want to connect my PS3 back up for some MGS action...

I also still have my PS2 with Snake Eater disc...

Hell yes. Snake Eater PS2 is unplayable now though, that camera is just frustrating.

I do, however, need that PS2 copy for my collection.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is anyone else having cult of the lamb just crash immediately when you hit play lol

Oh it's doing it for all games uh oh

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 12, 2022

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Thanks for the horizon tips y'all! I'm enjoying the combat so far and man the environments are so gorgeous! I turned auto aim off even though I am on controller, yes it makes encounters more annoying but I enjoy having full control over aiming and having to get better. Having it off in returnal was awesome for me, very intense but still perfectly beatable!

Looking forward to another horizon session tomorrow, I kind of spoiled myself on the story years ago so that kind of sucks but either way I'm having a great time esp for $10!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

eravulgaris posted:

Hell yes. Snake Eater PS2 is unplayable now though, that camera is just frustrating.

Get the Subsistence release, it has a controllable camera rather than the always point north one the first release did.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

eravulgaris posted:

og snake eater is goated, subsistence snake eater is goated

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Alone in the Dark ps5 leaked on a french store, cover, details and screenshots, they took it down but theres one screeb in the link banner https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/wmdtnh/alone_in_the_dark_leak/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Its by the Soma writer :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Mirror link with everything pulled and translated lol

https://imgur.io/a/3eVtC6x

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

GOAT

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Vikar Jerome posted:

Alone in the Dark ps5 leaked on a french store, cover, details and screenshots, they took it down but theres one screeb in the link banner https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/wmdtnh/alone_in_the_dark_leak/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

:ck5:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lol they brought animal crossing to ff14

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1558071523931561987?t=z5Pqudky2MquxhU8cgepNA&s=19

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lol before the expansion released they were trying to get people to rein in their expectations for the island thing, and now when they reveal it I think it's beyond what anyone was expecting in the first place. Owns

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I really hate how basic the action gameplay is in cult of the lamb after two areas, but everything else kind of makes up for it so I'll keep playing this garbage

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1558095180552491008?t=YAmNqNJrf7SNhoTXZYe7Pw&s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?????

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he knows what he’s doing and hell, who can blame him

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bloodborne 2 leak!???!!!!!???

https://twitter.com/Ely_Cathedral/status/1557715785044430853?t=dyTjWRGka964bpIMYvusrA&s=19

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

og snake eater is goated, subsistence snake eater is goated

oh poo poo, didn't know that

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the 3 disc subsistence set is pure kojima sicko mode. he made disc 3 "mgs3: the movie" thats only watchable on a sony playstation 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

I really hate how basic the action gameplay is in cult of the lamb after two areas, but everything else kind of makes up for it so I'll keep playing this garbage

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no… it can’t be :corsair:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How the gently caress is it 8 years since PT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

eravulgaris posted:

oh poo poo, didn't know that

knowing is half the battle, my good goon

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

History Comes Inside! posted:

How the gently caress is it 8 years since PT

Nah, it's wrong. If it were right I'd be old.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

JBP posted:

It's actually pretty fun and not garbage at all!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1558151807507087362

This is good news, I am guessing the mongols will also be played by Japanese actors. So basically this is a Japanese movie by the director of John Wick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

^nice!

withoutclass posted:

It's actually pretty fun and not garbage at all!

:yeah: