Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Id love if they did another ps1 style ff with pre rendered backgrounds but lile re1r and re0 style of insanely detailed high res goddddfuckingdamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ah.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

thinking about the silly CRT convo itt and i was asking myself why square doesn't just make FF XVII into a turn-based pixel/sprite rpg. 16-bit pixel stuff has been back in style for a decade at least, so is there real business reason why square couldn't just experiment with a mainline FF game being retro-styled? especially since they always have 3 or 4 FF titles in development at once?

i know this sounds naive as hell because of reputation/clout, hardware technical advances, and studio inertia, etc. but I kinda feel like they could just hire an awesome writing staff and a talented team of pixel artists and cut a fuckton of HD graphics overhead to deliver a well written 2D game with awesome animations and just sell that poo poo on the switch or PSN. maybe it wouldn't do Elden Ring numbers but i'm sure something like that could turn a profit in the digital distribution age and i don't see why each official entry in the series needs to be bigger and more expensive than the last. if ff games can be mmorpgs, prestige remakes, and witcher-likes, then i see no reason why they can't also be pixel rpgs

I have always thought a single player HD-2d demake of ff14 would be fuxking awesome cuz it's got all the ingredients that the old school ffs had with great party members that you dont ever get to do anything with cuz you are only ever controlling you're own character.

Theres that bit in heavensward where Estinien and Ysayle "join" you and it felt like it could have been lifted straight out of any of the early ffs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fix posted:

They're doing a Tactics remake, aren't they?

I mean, is there a specific business/artistic reason beyond corporate brute inertia that is keeping a new mainline FF game from experimenting with 2D again, now that the stigma of 2D has long worn off and the returns of 3D have proven to be somewhat diminishing?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSS. Go Fridge! :D Super good when a new job is better and gives you more free time. The dream.

Thank u :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

remembering this timestamp :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Bi149yQa8&t=934s

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/mcghee_nick/status/1559884845098143744?t=OtQCOv9-ACCivapMQpohwQ&s=19

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wow. That is quite the incorrect statement Tim.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

only slightly more boring than twin snakes

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Talking about Todgers AND final fantasy?

What I have done to anger the Gods

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

Talking about Todgers AND final fantasy?

What I have done to anger the Gods

missed 10 of the last 12 tlousdays for a start :blastu:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

*puts on bulletproof vest*
*puts on safety googles*
*puts on heavy duty gloves*

I never played TLOU multiplayer. Is it better than the combat in the base game? Because I really don‘t like the one from the first game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

tuo posted:

*puts on safety googles*

I never played TLOU multiplayer. Is it better than the combat in the base game? Because I really don‘t like the one from the first game.

It is exactly the base game combat, just multiplayer. The fun you might get is from talking to all of us while we play and hearing sillyness and tomfoolery.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

missed 10 of the last 12 tlousdays for a start :blastu:

:negative:

tuo posted:

*puts on safety googles*

It's the same but imagine it's far far harder to shoot someone until you've lost your first 100 matches and got maybe 2 downs.

It's amazing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

sillyness and tomfoolery.

veeg is straight up lying to you. it is all very serious business. :mad:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyPiliableNewtDendiFace-HSbi_nIgnVmQ4O57

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousHedonisticAlmondRedCoat-ncs5BeSJNxFjKAvQ

https://clips.twitch.tv/RealDullHedgehogSMOrc-Abkj47-TZVHa4AdJ

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 18, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Playing factions with the crew is fun because I am quite bad at it so everyone gets to take their revenge for several years of my bad posting

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Plus Fridge was not mad and we did not put in the paper that he was mad at his own request.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Playing factions with the crew is fun because I am quite bad at it so everyone gets to take their revenge for several years of my bad posting

https://clips.twitch.tv/HumblePopularHippoPartyTime-LMMyPQEpFCv5a4Dn

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean, is there a specific business/artistic reason beyond corporate brute inertia that is keeping a new mainline FF game from experimenting with 2D again, now that the stigma of 2D has long worn off and the returns of 3D have proven to be somewhat diminishing?

2D games don’t sell a billion copies except on switch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

New leak of a bunch of cancelled games just dropped and

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...tm_source=share

L4d zero hour by starbreeze :negative: and there was a new croc in the works lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

2D games don’t sell a billion copies except on switch.

Neither do they cost a billion dollars to make.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but your tent pole franchise is your tent pole franchise.

It’s like asking why don’t Marvel give a bunch of first year film students 5k and a Sony handycam to go make their next Avengers movie.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

PoP is back!!

https://twitter.com/NextGenPlayer/status/1560055189121499136?t=yXlrA943FDpl5sxgdjnJDw&s=19

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol I had forgotten about that :D

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would play the sands of time again, that game ruled

Not going near warrior within or the other sequel two prince's or whatever, they were trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They all owned including 2008 and uh Forgotten Sands

Warrior Within was pretty lol though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

veeg is straight up lying to you. it is all very serious business. :mad:

I feel weird hearing posters' voices. It's like reading a book and assigning looks and voices to characters then watching the movies.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hearing my own voice back makes it somehow sound simultaneously more and less irritating than I imagined

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Morpheus posted:

I feel weird hearing posters' voices. It's like reading a book and assigning looks and voices to characters then watching the movies.

I see it as a form of psychic damage to hear posters IRL, but I did get used to it. Seeing a goon in real life, don't know if I could cope. There's also the haunting prospect of being seen as a goon too.

I'm sure Sartre has written volumes around the pain of existing on the Something Awful forums

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw1O6jpASTI

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo, this is up there with the austin powers two :eyepop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oh, enrico :allears:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aipsh posted:

I'm sure Sartre has written volumes around the pain of existing on the Something Awful forums

Hell is other posters

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Aipsh posted:

I see it as a form of psychic damage to hear posters IRL, but I did get used to it. Seeing a goon in real life, don't know if I could cope. There's also the haunting prospect of being seen as a goon too.

brb changing my name to sartriorial edits

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

"shitposts with required reading"

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

oh drat shoulda workshopped it "sartrorial needling" woulda been way better

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Good god, tetris effect was 4 years ago?

E: it was goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tuo posted:

*puts on safety googles*

Wait wait you gotta go back and say that headshots arent automatic kills

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I just put that poo poo on to brace myself for saying I don‘t like the TLOU 1 combat itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Achievements/trophies appearing doesn't really mean much, as GoldenEye 64 fans can attest to on Xbox. I thought UBISoft announced that this game was canceled anyways?